PDA

View Full Version : Lowering the car...have some ?'s

myndgone
10-22-2005, 06:19 PM
I have installed a brand new set of Boge sports shocks recently, so i dont wanna waste cash on coilovers, so i was just thinking of getting a set of H&R or Eibach lowering springs...

Whats the downside to this?
What will the ride quality be compared to stock? considerably worse? barely noticable? will i feel every goddamn bump? :mad:

Also, whats the wear & tear factor for control arms and other suspension parts that springs will be putting the stress on to?

is it even worth it?

And i know, coilovers will be better, but other than that?.. :D

Paul540/m3
10-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Lowering is for suckers why would you wanna do that??? hahaha

In all seriousness I wouldn't imagine it would deteriorate the ride quality that bad, but it would be a bit harsher, as can be expected from aftermarket/performance lowering combo. From what I hear the ultimate in comfort/sport is the OEM sport suspension. it sops up the bumps and still gives decent handling. But the guys to ask would be the 5 series forum on bf.c , do a search there and you will find all your answers

myndgone
10-23-2005, 06:02 PM
why i wanna lower it? because my car is undeniably the highest car on this forum, looks like ****in 4x4 :mad: :D

i'll try my luck there, thanx...i was actually thinking of OEM sport suspension.

Paul540/m3
10-23-2005, 06:04 PM
I challenge you on that claim! 2 days ago I raised my car 1.5 inches lol With the snows on it looks like an audi all-road haha

myndgone
10-23-2005, 06:39 PM
oh ya?..this should be interesting..

just bring it!!!! :D