PDA

View Full Version : :mad: Got My tires installed today...

JazzM
10-19-2005, 06:18 PM
:mad: :mad: Should be good news right??? I went to Goodyear on Dundas and Mavis (one block west on dundas) where I bought the tires.

I asked them if they want me to drive the car up the ramp onto the lift/hoist. This smart-ass kid/mechanic replies to me saying that "its against policy to have customers in the garage..." I go "ok - just take it slow..." he replies "don't worry" and grabs the keys to go.

I watch him through the window as he's entering the shop and right before the ramp on the lift/hoist he gunns it. At the time, I'm thinking - what is this kid doing???

He ends up hitting the left front splitter on the ramp and cracking it. Original ACS splitters... :eek: I call the manager and we go out to the shop at first he wants me to prove it that it was done there... the kid/mechanic is nowhere to be found. I found the piece that broke off and got knocked halfway around the garage.

Anyways, I will be meeting with the owner tomorrow to discuss this. The maanger wanted to glue it back together?!? WTF!!!

T.

JazzM
10-19-2005, 06:24 PM
... so this story continues.... I go back to the waiting room and watch them lift up the car and get the wheels off... After the wheels come off I look at the car and see that they jacked up the car on the CONTROL ARMS?!?!?! I run out start yelling at the mechanic (different guy) and he tries to convince me that its ok to be hoisting the car with the control arms. My e30 M3 aluminum ltw control arms??? I told him right away to put the car back down and lift it from the frame pads. what an idiot.

He also scratched one of my rims slightly. Very hard to see but you can feel it with your finger.

I got all the damaged stuff listed on the invoice so that if there's a dispute tomorrow with the owner...

T.

hioctane
10-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Holly crap! I got mad reading this....good luck tomorrow.

STALKER
10-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Thats why I only get my tires mounted in 3 shops. Hope it goes well with the owner.

propr'one
10-19-2005, 06:37 PM
i keep a bat in my bmw for just these occasions...

keep us posted

JazzM
10-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I usually get it mounted at one particular shop here in Mississauga... but they gave me a deal on the install and I thought "why not" - well big mistake on my part.

Going to take pictures tomorrow morning in case there's an insurance claim agains his shop.

I also noticed that my front bumper now shifts around on the driver side when I move in back and forth... about 1/2 an inch of play. I think that bracket that holds it up or something cracked.

T.

thinair
10-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Wow, that's sucks. I've learned my lesson, there is only one place I'll go now to change my tires....Tireworks. I've been there and they didn't do any damage to anything at all.

JazzM
10-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I usually go to Kennedy auto... but he couldn't come anywhere near the price I was getting for the F1s... his cost was more than what I got them for. I should have just picked them up and gone to Kennedy auto for the install. :mad:

T.

T.Dot_E30
10-19-2005, 07:08 PM
So many bad places out there.

Which is why I dont trust any machanics, and im a machanic.
No one works on my car but me, my uncle or my dad.

But im lucky to have that convinence.

I feel sorry for u guys out there....

paul christians
10-19-2005, 07:28 PM
TOM sorry to hear this shit. Nail their ass to the wall man......

Kal
10-19-2005, 07:29 PM
damn ... u would think a small job like changing tires any shop could do .. i guess not :S

rodo
10-19-2005, 07:42 PM
i had to get a new bumper bracket myself, 200 bucks from stealer :S Its gona cost that place a pretty penny for that kid's stupidity. Rip them a new asshole tomorow!:)

JazzM
10-19-2005, 08:17 PM
TOM sorry to hear this shit. Nail their ass to the wall man......

My body shop is ready to do an appraisal. My guess is that it will be around $2,000.00... :eek:

T.

Furious
10-19-2005, 09:02 PM
sorry to hear bro.. thankfully i do my own tires.

E36er
10-19-2005, 09:10 PM

yeah same...i take them up to my old highschool and my (used to be) mechanics teacher lets me use the tire machine and the balance machine.

but damn that suck. hope u get EVERY CENT u deserve, and u should, my teacher had full insurence on that kinda stuff...

coolhand
10-19-2005, 09:38 PM
Ya, I been to that good year before, don't really like it. Some of the guys are cool tho.

Anyways, where in Mississauga do you live? I'm right by Woodlands high school, hence the reason I'm asking.

jeffrie
10-19-2005, 09:40 PM
So many bad places out there.

Which is why I dont trust any machanics, and im a machanic.
No one works on my car but me, my uncle or my dad.

But im lucky to have that convinence.

I feel sorry for u guys out there....

This is why I do all my own work.....Way too many retards out their.
Unfortunatly tyres I can't do myself, I don't have a wheel balencer.
So I bought 4 extra rims and do the install myself.
17's for the summer 15's for the snow.

jeremy
10-19-2005, 09:49 PM
that is crap... especialy since you told the kid to be carefull ... after you get your coin, you should go back and slap that kid.

lvan
10-19-2005, 09:54 PM
^ You are right. I can bet he said something like :screw him let me take this for a rip :

Quack
10-19-2005, 10:01 PM
sorry to hear about the bad nes Tom, I don't understand how shops like that survive, hiring morons, but the kid is right, customers shouldn't be allowed to drive into the shops, other than that the kid should be fired

Clarence

windwagen
10-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Unbelievable! The incompetence out there just stinks. I also do as much work as possible myself. I don't trust the BMW dealer, the Honda dealer (for the Odyssey), Canadian tire!!! no way!!!

Luckily, there is at least one solid shop in Markham - Sam's Garage

Darkness95m3
10-19-2005, 11:44 PM
It does not matter where you take your car these days. I had a 4 wheel alignment done on my 540i through a BMW dealership and now I have 2 rear bald tires and the two fronts are feathered.
I hope everything turns out ok for you.

qimis
10-19-2005, 11:51 PM

I wish I could do that with my stretched tires ... it took the shop more than 2 hrs just to install the tires.
*sad*

BMW_7
10-20-2005, 12:04 AM
Dude that ****ing sucks! The ACS splitters are not repairable at all??

Maybe you should go for a sleeper look and put on Z3 bumper *shiner*

Mystikal
10-20-2005, 12:12 AM

You wouldn't be saying that if I wrote on them like Don told me to.

JazzM
10-20-2005, 12:17 AM
Ya, I been to that good year before, don't really like it. Some of the guys are cool tho.

Anyways, where in Mississauga do you live? I'm right by Woodlands high school, hence the reason I'm asking.

I'm around dundas and erin mills prkwy.

T.

JazzM
10-20-2005, 12:19 AM
Dude that ****ing sucks! The ACS splitters are not repairable at all??

Maybe you should go for a sleeper look and put on Z3 bumper *shiner*

The ACS is a solid plastic piece... not sure if its repairable... I will have to talk with the body shop about that. If not they are 485 USD + shipping + taxes.

T.

BMW_7
10-20-2005, 12:29 AM
The ACS is a solid plastic piece... not sure if its repairable... I will have to talk with the body shop about that. If not they are 485 USD + shipping + taxes.

T.

I know,
I just hate when something like original rare part breaks. I mean that piece is so rare! I think you should get every penny, and prove to them how much it costs new.

Oh yeah-and find that kid and rip him a new one. I would be harassing those idiots non stop... But I'm sure you are doing it already.

Good luck

Mitch555
10-20-2005, 01:45 AM
Wow!

Idiots!

Speaking of tires.... I have to get new 19inch Rubber for next year! :mad:

BMW_7
10-20-2005, 01:53 AM
Wow!

Idiots!

Speaking of tires.... I have to get new 19inch Rubber for next year! :mad:

Damn! What will you be saying once you put that new engine of yours in.

AMI Motorsports
10-20-2005, 02:06 AM
Let me know how you like the F1's we are not impressed at all with them. Sorry to hear about your incidents with the shop.

Axxe
10-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Shit Tom, let me know if they give you trouble. If they don't repay you we might have to beat the shit out of somebody. Mr. T and Mr. T, the matha****ing A-team^2

Tomek.

RevShoT
10-22-2005, 12:35 PM
damn Tom sorry to hear ur loss, something similar happend to me at a trusted shop they were putting my low-pro's on and i guess the machine let go and left a massive gouge in my brand new rim,oh man i was pissed i ended up getting free tire installs for as long as i need them now i take all my tires there and my friends tires lol

Oyster
10-22-2005, 12:44 PM
sorry to hear about this non-sense

keep in mind that most mechanic treats car like a mean of transportation from A to B and they might not be car fanatics, so they don't care.

So my rule of thumb is to take it where other bmw take theirs.

If I were to go to Goodyear or somewhere generic, I would just drop off the rims to have tires mounted. Then I would mount rim on car myself.

The bigger the rims, the more specialized machinery and operator it requires.

Deep 3.2TL
10-22-2005, 01:36 PM
any news on the outcome?

MarkD
10-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Tom,

sorry to hear about this. I only read your first two posts so don't know if there is more. All I have to say is I would never take any decent car to Goodyear etc. Most of these places have $12/hr monkeys working there and they don't know much about how to work on a BMW and also, usually you get what you pay for. I realised that many moons ago.

In the future go to Tireworks or Steelcase tire.

Hopefully you can still make it to the autocross tommorrow.

MarkD

Cabrio
10-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Sorry to hear what happened Tom.

I second MarkD's comment. I only go to Steelcase. I have mounted quite a few sets of tires there before and they did a perfect job everytime time.

I never let anyone put the wheels on my car. I am just too paranoid.

One time I went to a little Chinese shop and I heard the most terrifying screeching noise when they were mounting my tires...and I still remember it till this day.

JazzM
10-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Well, going to see the owner on tuesday to show him the damage in person and to discuss the outcome. He already told me that he's willing to cover the cost of the cosmetic damage as well to review any other damage to control arms, etc...

Regards,

T.

Mitch555
10-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Damn! What will you be saying once you put that new engine of yours in.

I'll be sayin' Damn! :D

I could mean it in two ways....

"damn... I did it again... I spent too much money on the bloody car....fak!!!"

or

"damn this car hauls way more ass!!!"

or

a mix of both! *mumble* :D

Jordan
10-23-2005, 05:33 PM
Thats why I only get my tires mounted in 3 shops. Hope it goes well with the owner.

Thats why I always do all this sort of work myself. Damn.

rollee
10-23-2005, 07:01 PM
i am so sorry to hear your story.
a similar incident happened to me years before and i have learned a big and expensive lesson.
i am mad as hell and knows exactly how you feel.
i only take my car now to wheel and tire zone. i feel that they are very professional and knows exactly how us owners pamper our cars.

best of luck to you and hopefully this will not happen again.

i was unlucky back then and ended up with no compensation, those idiots jus tsimply dont care, sue me.....

2002guy
10-23-2005, 07:50 PM
that really sucks balls... i have never had an experience like that and i hope i dont but the only place where i take my car for rims and tires is automotive import market (AIM WHEELS) they do a really good job and will go out of their way to make u happy.