PDA

View Full Version : www.autocarparts.com (about to place an order, reputable?)

SebSter
10-19-2005, 03:18 AM
Anyone know anything about this place? Im about to place an order, their site says they try their best to lower the "value" to save on customs fees. Has anyone done business with them in the past? The customs thing isnt as big of a worry as the fact that I just want to make sure they wont take the money and not ship out.

Thanks,
Seb

T.Dot_E30
10-19-2005, 07:19 PM
what are u ordering.

Mystikal
10-19-2005, 07:37 PM
I bet anything you're ordering can be done cheaper locally or through BMA.

T.Dot_E30
10-19-2005, 07:40 PM
I bet anything you're ordering can be done cheaper locally or through BMA.

Exactly.

Stop steeling all the spotlight.
lol jk

Mystikal
10-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Haha, I love it too much.

I think I'm gonna call Precision for the flex disc and CSB, I'm thinking he can get a good price. Oh, and remember to ask Lenny about the job for me, if he can do it himself I'll go with him. He should anyways, most guys do it in their driveways.

T.Dot_E30
10-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Im pretty sure we'd have to remove the exhaust to get to the drive-shaft. Which the nuts are surely to be rusted and hard to get out.

Plus its getting cold, and he's getting lazy.
I'll ask him again, but it looks like u should start calling charlie from now.

Mystikal
10-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Again? You already asked him once?

If I start calling Charlie now I just might get it done by Christmas. Eh, I'll call him tomorrow.

SebSter
10-20-2005, 01:54 AM
I need the koni yellows for the ix. Point me to the right place guys... Im very open to suggestions, local would actually be preferred.

BMW_7
10-20-2005, 01:56 AM
Tunerworks?

SebSter
10-20-2005, 02:07 AM
You guys gotta give me more details on these things. BMA, Precision, Tunerworks?? I must not get out enough... Websites? Emails? Addresses? Phone #s?

Axxe
10-20-2005, 09:15 AM
QMR Performance, maXsponsor. It might cost a bit more than in the states, but if they are FUBAR you can return them without sending to the states and paying customs.

Mystikal
10-20-2005, 11:48 PM
http://www.precisiontuning.ca/

My secret spot. Cheap cheap cheap OEM and aftermarket (and yes, Koni dealer).

For example, he sells OEM oil filters for $8/ea. I couldn't beat that anywhere in the city (almost twice that at the dealer, hah).

BMW_7
10-21-2005, 12:10 AM
You guys gotta give me more details on these things. BMA, Precision, Tunerworks?? I must not get out enough... Websites? Emails? Addresses? Phone #s?

Sorry bro,

www.tunerworks.com

Based off calgary, just email them, they probably got the stuff. I think Terry got the konis from them as well. I had many flawless transactions with them.

SebSter
10-21-2005, 01:35 AM
Thanks guys, I'll check the places out. Jay, are you sure they are a Koni dealer? Its not listed on their site.

Mystikal
10-21-2005, 01:38 AM
Seb, I worry about you.

URL = http://www.precisiontuning.ca/images/logos/koni.jpg

Notice to the Precision Tuning root directory and the name "koni" at the end.

Here's what happens when I link it:

http://www.precisiontuning.ca/images/logos/koni.jpg

Whoa! Who saw that coming! And it's right on the homepage!

Don't worry, I still love you.

BMW BMXer
10-21-2005, 01:51 AM
Im pretty sure we'd have to remove the exhaust to get to the drive-shaft. Which the nuts are surely to be rusted and hard to get out.

Ya you do have to remove the exhasut because of the way the bmw shaft is.

I was going to remove my exhaust and shaft when I thought I needed to replace my tranny, was not looking forward to it.

Mystikal
10-21-2005, 01:54 AM
You guys hear Charlie is opening up his new shop next week? Spoke with him today, I'm excited. He's handling my driveshaft work, for sure.

SebSter
10-21-2005, 01:58 AM
Seb, I worry about you.

URL = http://www.precisiontuning.ca/images/logos/koni.jpg

Notice to the Precision Tuning root directory and the name "koni" at the end.

Here's what happens when I link it:

http://www.precisiontuning.ca/images/logos/koni.jpg

Whoa! Who saw that coming! And it's right on the homepage!

Hmm... they have the internet on computers nowadays???

(I just looked at the "Official Dealer Of" on the left frame, and didn't see Koni listed there, but yes now that you mention it their logo is in the center there)

bmwm5lover
10-21-2005, 09:58 AM
You guys hear Charlie is opening up his new shop next week? Spoke with him today, I'm excited. He's handling my driveshaft work, for sure.
About fricking time. That's kind of good news. Expect his labour to go up tho... *mumble* O well, He is good so that's all that matters I guess.

T.Dot_E30
10-21-2005, 11:19 AM
:huh?:

Mystikal
10-21-2005, 12:40 PM
You too Trev, don't worry. We're all batty men driving around the hood.

SebSter
10-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Jay, just talked to the guys at Precision, they got be a pretty damn good price and seem like decent guys. A thumbs up for anyone thinking to do business with them. Gonna go place my deposit later today.

T.Dot_E30
10-21-2005, 01:40 PM
There you go, afterment parts are be coming alot easier to find local now, even OEM parts are cheap local now.

Now there is almost no need to order some stuff from the states.
Of course there might be some things u can't find local.

But recently us e30 guys have been finding good local sources for parts that we didn't know about.