PDA

View Full Version : Inspection

bmwm5lover
10-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Ok, well the insurance company just called, me they wanna do a inspection my car. Does anyone know what they look for? I'm afraid that since my car is slammed, im gonna get screwed. HELP. Should i raise it using those canadian tire spring spacers, or what? Are my rims going to have an effect? the rest, body kit, and flares im not worried about since they are technically OEM parts. What about Maxbimer stickers, are they gonna say anything?

Jim .E.
10-17-2005, 03:20 PM
my friend has a Accord slammed to the ground turbo, h22, no rear seats, rsx passenger and driver seat mugen front/sides/rear and a lot more stuff...he jus sent the insurance company a photo (of when the car was stock) and a witnesses testimony/appeal in writing that his car is still stock and the insurance company accepted it...try it out...

your car, the only thing they can really say is about your cars height...jus swap in a oem suspension for the day they come to inspect it...or make up an excuse such as you are busy that day so youll send them a picture of it...gl

bmwm5lover
10-17-2005, 03:27 PM
no dice, just talked to her again. It's a mobile service, they come to you, wherever you are... FAWK

Mystikal
10-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Hahaha, you're screwed.

Rims are fine, bodywork is fine. It's the suspension that will kill you. You need a way to raise that thing at least 2 full inches to be beleivable.

Bet you wish you bought GC's now. :P

bmwm5lover
10-17-2005, 05:07 PM
**** **** **** **** ****. Im gonna buy all the spring spacers CT carries.
The parts guys is gonna look at me like im crazy lol.

Hound
10-17-2005, 05:09 PM
if it were me i would do what you need to do and then leave it that way cause if you got in an accident and insuace was called into play then you would be screwed then cause they would just say that since you slammed your car and they had it as being higher for an aproval then sorry but we can't cover it. that would totally suck. maybe the thing to do would be to get some GC's like mystikal said and then when you need to you can raise and lower the car. just my 2c. not sure how much those GC's are neways. good luck man hope it goes well for you.

bmwm5lover
10-17-2005, 05:15 PM
How much are GC's Jay??? What are their rates?

Mystikal
10-17-2005, 05:17 PM
How much are GC's Jay??? What are their rates?

The springs/perches/sleeves are $399usd, and you choose any rate in the world you want (from below stock to a million lb/in, seriously).

I have 300/475 right now, moving to 375/475. I've had the new springs for months, just need to get in there already.

bmwm5lover
10-17-2005, 05:31 PM
wanna sell me ur old ones?
will they be a good match?
PM me and we can talk.

M3ti Compact
10-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Why did they suddenly want to do an inspection?? I never heard of this before?

SickFinga
10-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Your rims could be a problem, if they are bigger than OEM wheels.(thats how it is with statefarm)

craz azn
10-17-2005, 09:56 PM
ya dude, If it were me, I'd try and get it as much stock as possible that you can do with such little time.... stock rims, suspension etc.... I think you should be good after that *th-up* Good luck Terry

King Luis
10-17-2005, 10:12 PM
does seb still have his ix springs???? :D:D:Dhahaha
change the rims and height and your set

paul christians
10-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Bad news for TERRY.....Good luck.....

Jim .E.
10-17-2005, 11:41 PM
only bit of advice left...leave it as it is...like Hound said...if they see the car stock and then u put the after market shit back on they'll cancel your policy in the event of an accident and screw u up the ass

BMVV
10-17-2005, 11:53 PM
I had to take my car for an inspection a some body shop a few years ago when I changed insurance cos. They only looked at the body for any damage perhaps so you don't make a claim an old damage. Took 5 minutes.
I agree that you should leave the car the way it is. Now that your car will be inspected there can be no surprises if you ever have to make a claim (god forbid). Make the changes and risk them canceling on you or not paying a claim if need be.

///Maluco
10-18-2005, 12:02 AM
FWIW...Best you leave it the way you'll drive it. Last thing you need is an insurance cancellation in your record while searching for other insurance companies if anything (knocking on wood) does happen!

lvan
10-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Isnt insepctrion required only if you have comprohensive coverage? Not sure

SebSter
10-18-2005, 11:39 AM
at least raise it a little bit, stick one of those spacer things in each, and i would put stock rims on it, if you want you can come over and put on my 15" weaves for the day. also take off the front skirt put on the "i" lip (it will make the car appear higher.

i wonder what would happen if you had the car up on jackstands when they came to see it. tell them it hasnt been running right so you are in the middle of fixing a couple of things. that way they wont be able to see the ride height. (have a few of the wheels off, in case they ask you to drop it down just tell them you dont have the rims they are getting tires replaced)

Gamite
10-18-2005, 12:16 PM
FWIW...Best you leave it the way you'll drive it. Last thing you need is an insurance cancellation in your record while searching for other insurance companies if anything (knocking on wood) does happen!

if he leaves it, I'm pretty sure they're gonna cancel his insurance.

Terry's gonna be riding a horse to the meets. haha..

M3ti Compact
10-18-2005, 12:19 PM
So...what is this random inspections???

bmwm5lover
10-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Seb, thats what I was thinking.
Im gonna call them and say the car is on jack stands becuase its getting some work done. If they say its ok, then they can come look at it. IF they say otherwise, then Ill raise it somehow, and prolly use some weaves. Body mods should be ok, since they are 'technically' an OEM thing. That's how the car cam inspector...LOL

SebSter
10-18-2005, 12:36 PM
well you do store it for winter.. so tell them its on stands all winter because you drive another car.

CLEAN325is
10-18-2005, 12:54 PM
It all depends on what insurance company youre with. My wife is an auto underwriter. For example, with a company like statefarm, they will not insure your car if its lowered more than 1 inch. If during your inspection its stock, then you make a claim later on and see that your car is lowered, they will still pay you out, but cancel your insurance policy after the claim is resolved. Rims and stuff like that dont really matter if you add them on later, you will still get paid for the value of that stuff even if they didnt know about it. I've had slammed cars pass inspection no problem with other insurance companines, but a company like statefarm would not insure me, so it all depends on which insurance company youre with.