PDA

View Full Version : PS hose leak

myndgone
10-17-2005, 12:35 AM
The hose on the bottom of my PS reservoir has had a small leak for like 8 months now, very little, just messy looking and wet around the top and all the way down to the bottom where the hose ends...

Charlie changed the clamp twice, but the leak is still there...I never had to add the fluid in these 8 months so I can't be loosing much of it, I guess, but I'd still like to replace the hose. Has anyone had the same problem?

I read it somewhere that it's a common 5 series issue and that these hoses can be quite pricey due to high pressure and all...

Comments???
Thanks! :cool:

Gamite
10-17-2005, 03:03 AM
mine has been leaking for like 8 years. it leaks so slow that u don't have to top it up every few years. I didn't even bother with it.

1BADRIDE
10-17-2005, 09:47 AM
It could be the build up on the hose dripping off after being heated by the engine (based on the fact that you haven't had to top it up). I'd suggest checking the level and topping up if necessary, then cleaning up the buildup/excess and going for a drive through some nice winding roads. Come back, park your car and check for leaks/dripping.

myndgone
10-17-2005, 10:08 AM
i did have to clean it up couple of times....and you can tell it's dripping a little, its not just the heat from the engine....

Ted in T.O.
10-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Go to Cysco on the east side of Dixie road north of the 401.They have a hydraulic hose repair shop there.My buddy blew the High pressure PS hose on his 524Td and it cost him only $40.00 CDN to fix the hose.better than the dealer prices by far.

myndgone
10-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Go to Cysco on the east side of Dixie road north of the 401.They have a hydraulic hose repair shop there.My buddy blew the High pressure PS hose on his 524Td and it cost him only $40.00 CDN to fix the hose.better than the dealer prices by far.

i never knew they did work on cars, we always used to send our forklifts and equipment to their shop..
thats pretty cool, i'll give them a ring..thanks!

///Maluco
10-21-2005, 12:38 PM
There is another Cisco on Hwy 7, west of Keele on the North Side (prior to hitting the next set of traffic lights).
I brought over my 25yr old A/C hole and they duplicated the hose for $35. The new hose works like a charm. If I recall, the hose from the dealer was approx. $150...ouch.
You do have to specify the hose application because you don't want a hydraulic hose to be used for your A/C system.

I don't know if they work on vehicles, but I do know if you walk in with the hose in your hand, they are able to make one and hand a new one back in your hand within 15 min.

Cisco Industrial
2104 Hwy 7,
Thornhill, ON
Tel. : 905-660-1494

myndgone
10-21-2005, 12:50 PM
yeah but the hose is still on the car....would they be able to make it if i show them what hose it is, without taking it off??

///Maluco
10-21-2005, 01:31 PM
As long as they have access to it to take some measurements, I don't see a problem with taking it to them.
Give them a call and ask them...doesn't hurt to ask!...it may save you some good coin at the end of the day.