PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my arctic blue pearl rsx type-s

vertakul
10-13-2005, 01:14 AM
Just one pic for now.. a girl I talk to on msn is just taking the glare out of the photos for me..

Bought it two months ago.. so completely stock for now.

I'll upload the rest later!

Eurostyle
10-13-2005, 01:21 AM
I got a nice kit for that!!! *th-up*

Betray
10-13-2005, 11:12 AM
:huh?: hmmmmm

Hound
10-13-2005, 12:33 PM
awesome, i love that colour on the type-s. i had a silver one but would have rather had black or arctic blue. thats a '03 or '02 right? i can tell cause of the spoiler, tails and rims. i liked the gunmetal one better than the current rims cause they didn't show the brake dust as much. also here is a really good board for rsx's in case you didn't know already. www.clubrsx.com good luck on any future mods and maybe we will see you at the friday meets. *th-up*

vertakul
10-13-2005, 12:44 PM
awesome, i love that colour on the type-s. i had a silver one but would have rather had black or arctic blue. thats a '03 or '02 right? i can tell cause of the spoiler, tails and rims. i liked the gunmetal one better than the current rims cause they didn't show the brake dust as much. also here is a really good board for rsx's in case you didn't know already. www.clubrsx.com good luck on any future mods and maybe we will see you at the friday meets. *th-up*

Thanks man! I'm already a member on this board. I wasn't too picky with the colour when I bought since I purchased used with 54,000km. It's a 2002. It's the same from 02-04 and the 05's have 10 more hp and a bit of diff body mods like you mentioned. I'm really pleased with the car though.. did you like yours? (i wish the damn thing wasn't fwd though.. my last car was rwd!)

BMWags
10-13-2005, 02:02 PM
really slick looking car man *th-up*
im a pretty big fan of the RSX but i dont got the $$$ for one lol

vertakul
10-13-2005, 03:24 PM
I now have a few more pics.. more to come though.. tell me what you think.. (of the car that is.. my photography skills are PATHETIC)

vertakul
10-13-2005, 03:27 PM

vertakul
10-13-2005, 03:29 PM

vertakul
10-13-2005, 03:31 PM

vertakul
10-13-2005, 03:37 PM
for the few that don't know anything about these cars.. its a 2.0L 200hp dohc ivtec 6spd tranny, fully loaded with all bells and whistles (too bad they didnt come with navi)

Miguel
10-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Possibly the best car for the $$$ available on the used car market today.

big thumbs up from me.

ZiMMie
10-13-2005, 11:04 PM
fully loaded?
Fog lights wasnt an option??

*th-up* for ur Drive train. for a very cool Motor.
the rest of the car its :puke: sorrry but i jst hate the exterior on those things..

WhadUpp
10-13-2005, 11:32 PM
sweet, the blue paint with the rims are a very nice looking combo, not to mention a great drivetrain and one of the best shifters on the market. Must be a blast to drive. *th-up*

vertakul
10-13-2005, 11:52 PM
fully loaded?
Fog lights wasnt an option??

*th-up* for ur Drive train. for a very cool Motor.
the rest of the car its :puke: sorrry but i jst hate the exterior on those things..

okay i guess im an idiot.. it's missing a couple options heh.. as well as oem skirt pkg.. i just meant in terms of interior options, sorry.

thanks for all the compliments..

Mystikal
10-14-2005, 02:55 AM
There were no factory options, just dealer accessories (like the fogs and skirt kit). And if you buy every dealer accessory, you're looking at like a $10k bill.

My sister just bought an '02 Type-S with 61k on it, Milano. Fun car, but needs an LSD so badly I feel sorry for it. We also threw those stock Michelins far, far away into tire heaven and got some 225's on there. I can't beleive how much those tires suck at life.

Now I just need to get a CAI on there. The gains are ****ing crazy, and the sound...

vertakul
10-14-2005, 02:59 AM
I have an AEM V2 CAI, cop pulled me over and told me he could hear my car 3 blocks away.. sounds like the older b series motors!.. vtec + cai = *th-up*

I wouldn't mind getting an lsd but right now it's not top priority.. i want the type-r kit minus the wing.. set of deep dish powder coated gold 18" rims with a polished lip and install the suspension sitting in my room now... (just arrived)

Paul540/m3
10-14-2005, 09:04 AM
Get some JDM headlights, make an incredible difference IMO

I beleive the LSD out of the civic SIR fits perfectly.

vertakul
10-14-2005, 11:20 AM
no LSD in an SIR.. the new SI.. i'm unsure of yet as it might not even be a k-series motor like this one.. honda said they wanted to make another new block and put it in that.. so we'll see..... if not there are lots of other options.

lvan
10-14-2005, 01:36 PM
is it made in Japan?

vertakul
10-14-2005, 02:37 PM
is my car?? i don't know.. its an acura(honda).. where do they make those?
no idea where the factory is.

Manimillion
10-14-2005, 06:02 PM
I like the steering feel of the RSX Type-Ss alot! My friend used to have an RSX-S that ran 14.2 all motor, that thing woudl have been a beast on the auto-x, with just stickty tires.

Jon@Bimmersport
10-14-2005, 08:29 PM
I like the steering feel of the RSX Type-Ss alot! My friend used to have an RSX-S that ran 14.2 all motor, that thing woudl have been a beast on the auto-x, with just stickty tires.

rolled_out did 13 flat with bolt ons...lol but then he blew it up.

theyre nice whips, i raped the shit outta one one day at work...fun car! im considering getting one actually...but i want a white one *th-up*

vertakul
10-15-2005, 03:06 AM
White is nice..

you can run a mid 13 all day long with.. intake, headers, exhaust and hondata #4(ecu)
there are 11 second all motor type-s's..

Soldo
10-15-2005, 03:25 AM
no LSD in an SIR.. the new SI.. i'm unsure of yet as it might not even be a k-series motor like this one.. honda said they wanted to make another new block and put it in that.. so we'll see..... if not there are lots of other options.

The new Si's have a redone K series motor, stilla 2L also i believe!
I really love the TYPE S' and the 05 models are really nice but i like the 02+ better!
My only pet peve with these cars is that since it replaced the TYPE R it doesn't have the same exclusiveness that the typee's have!!

CONGRATS on the ride

vertakul
10-15-2005, 03:34 AM
The new Si's have a redone K series motor, stilla 2L also i believe!
I really love the TYPE S' and the 05 models are really nice but i like the 02+ better!
My only pet peve with these cars is that since it replaced the TYPE R it doesn't have the same exclusiveness that the typee's have!!

CONGRATS on the ride

thanks

there is still a type-R it's just in japan.. it's exactly like my drivetrain but better cams.. and maybe LSD.. (i forget but i assume so).

I also think you're nuts.. 05 type-s is nicer looking.. i like the improvements honda made.. but i couldnt afford a brand new one *sad*

Soldo
10-15-2005, 04:01 AM
Personally i think the 05's look like fancier civics, they're hot, but i like your body style better!
I know they still have a TYPE R in japan, but it just seems like they've lost they're exclusivness, they use to be individuallly numbered on the armrests, slight different chasis, etc.!! Thats the only problem i have with the new type s'

Mystikal
10-15-2005, 07:14 PM
IIRC, the upcoming Civic Si has a helical diff (best one) with the same motor and presumably driveline. It'll take a long time before the diffs are cheap, I bet.

vertakul
10-16-2005, 01:59 AM
IIRC, the upcoming Civic Si has a helical diff (best one) with the same motor and presumably driveline. It'll take a long time before the diffs are cheap, I bet.

I was told it's a different block all together.. it's not even a K series motor.. but i can be wrong.. It's 197hp so there has to be something different.

Mystikal
10-16-2005, 03:06 AM
You're right, they updated the K20. Why the hell it needed balance shafts is beyond me, that motor is like a sewing machine. Expect to see shaft-elimating kits that will free up at least 10hp almost immediately.

Honda has upped the ante with a new 2.0-liter DOHC 16-valve i-VTEC four-cylinder engine that bumps horsepower from 160 to 197 at 7800 rpm. This is a refinement of the K-series four employed in the Acura RSX Type-S, with a balance shaft and other tweaks. Mated with a new six-speed manual transmission (the shifter has migrated back down from the dashboard)...

That last bit about the "new" transmission bothers me, it may mean the new helical diff won't fit the Type-S. Ah well, there's always the JDM Type-R diff.

vertakul
10-16-2005, 04:50 AM
What do you plan on doing to your sisters? intake is a must to hear vtec screeeaaaammm

Mystikal
10-16-2005, 04:11 PM
I'm my hardest trying NOT to mod it, heh. The 225's were a safety move really, I'm trying not to spend my money on other people's cars (I have a habit of that...don't ask).

I do bug her about buying a CAI, but she's plenty happy with the power as-is. I don't blame her, the damn thing runs 14's stock (and she's coming from a B18 non-VTEC).

vertakul
10-16-2005, 08:08 PM
it's decent :) good platform to start with if you are going to mod as well.

Rolled_Out
10-16-2005, 09:31 PM
rolled_out did 13 flat with bolt ons...lol but then he blew it up.

theyre nice whips, i raped the shit outta one one day at work...fun car! im considering getting one actually...but i want a white one *th-up*
No no, i did 13.888 which was my best time, i put on some headers and an exhaust after that, but it blew up before I could track it w/ those mods in addition to what I had. The motor just can't take the abuse I was giving it, tracking it every weekend and just having a lot of fun. It was an alright car, nothing special though.
Heres the nicest pic I have of it.... i never really bothered going nuts on pics since its just a silver rsx..!

Soldo
10-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Heres the nicest pic I have of it.... i never really bothered going nuts on pics since its just a silver rsx..!

:D :D :D
But its beside a ORANGE MERC!

Rolled_Out
10-16-2005, 10:00 PM
:D :D :D
But its beside a ORANGE MERC!
It's either a pic all alone, w/ bry and rob's M3's or the MURCIE!
Which would you choose?
lol this pic sucks
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44166&stc=1

Soldo
10-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Dan i hate you!
hahaha

Mystikal
10-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Haha, ****ing Woodbridge. You're all going to hell.

Rolled_Out
10-16-2005, 10:18 PM
:) Come on, you know when us guys come out to the meets we take it to another level and make everyone laugh!
Let it be races, donuts, hot girls in m3's, whatever.. we share it all w/ the boys!
Love us or hate us! lol

SickFinga
10-16-2005, 10:28 PM
:) Come on, you know when us guys come out to the meets we take it to another level and make everyone laugh!
Let it be races, donuts, hot girls in m3's, whatever.. we share it all w/ the boys!
Love us or hate us! lol

the only problem, you never come

Rolled_Out
10-16-2005, 10:36 PM
the only problem, you never come
It's been a while, I know.. but bry sold his m3, chris's chrome m3 will be out of the paint shop in the next 10 days so maybe we can make it out. If not this year, then next year we'll make it out @ the start of the season w/ the car.