PDA

View Full Version : gas consuption???

ticoupe
10-11-2005, 11:54 PM
my car is eating alot of gas lately... feel no power what so ever... did oil change, plugs, don't see any improvements what so ever.. could it be the fuel filter? a guy told me my cat could be blocked.. could that be the cause too? any one have any idea what I could do to improve the gas milage? Thanks for the inputs! *th-up*

beamerboycsl
10-12-2005, 11:53 AM
id start with the fuel filter.

ticoupe
10-12-2005, 11:14 PM
thanks beamerboycsl, I'll try that first. Does any one have the write up with pictures that shows how to change the fuel filter? thanks in advance!

beamerboycsl
10-14-2005, 06:26 PM
simple, lift the car and on the drivers side right almost where the drivers seat should be is a metal protective cover. use a screw driver or socket to take off the tabs take the cover away and ull see the looonger ass filter right there. pretty straight forward do it ur self from there.

Jon@Bimmersport
10-14-2005, 06:56 PM
u forgot to add that hes gonna have gas spill everywhere and to have something to catch it, and some rags as well.

see if u got a buddy with a compression reader, itd save u the time of trial and error.

1fast325
10-15-2005, 08:49 PM
id say the fuel filter too or it could be something with the fuel injectors...but i agree with beamerboyscsl and id start with the fuel filter

Pawel_11_11
10-16-2005, 05:57 PM
yea I had the same to me a couple weeks ago and I'm still trying to figure it out...
went from about 650K on a tank to like 400... I changes a bunch of stuff and its getting better but still not close to original. The weird thing is it all happened when I did my schudaled oil change. Right after it started drinkin gas like water!

ticoupe
10-16-2005, 10:57 PM
thanks guys, I'll try to change the fuel filter and hopfully the car will run as smooth as before...

JazzM
10-16-2005, 11:56 PM
My suggestion would be to also look at the spark plugs (they are a lot more likely to be the problem than the fuel filter though a possible candidate as well).

Also check your ignition coils.

Basically whats happening is that you're giving it more gas to go the same speed as you have done before. but you're injection more gas.

T.

myndgone
10-16-2005, 11:59 PM
My suggestion would be to also look at the spark plugs (they are a lot more likely to be the problem than the fuel filter though a possible candidate as well).

He did.... ;)
did oil change, plugs, don't see any improvements what so ever..