PDA

View Full Version : Just a Heads Up

Paul540/m3
10-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Quoted from 5driver.com

Just a heads up that a member of a competing messageboard (m5board.com) has decided to illegally copy the TC Design Rear Sway Bar Brackets that BeastPower and TC Design had worked so hard to design and fabricate almost 3 years ago.
We believe that this is not only illegal and is liable for prosecution, but also highly unethical.

Here is the m5board.com post:

"OK Guys-

A machinist has agreed to fabricate some number of heavy duty sway bar brackets. These will be identical to the well know standard set by an ex sponsor here.

Fabricated from 6061 Aluminum. Edges relieved and parts tumbled. Fasteners included. Black anodized. Virtually Indistinguishable from the ones that list at $195 and sell for $175 plus shipping.

If I get a minimum of 6 we can do it at $110 including shipping in the USA. 10 pair drops it to $105

There is no commercial interest for me in this venture. In fact, I am stupid for doing this as I've already purchased a set of BP brackets for $120- (He's using those as a model).

Just figured I can, and the machinist is probably going to make a few hundred on the deal.

So, who's in?

If there is no interest it will just die on the vine so to speak.

Regards

Adam"

In light of this unfortunate situation, BeastPower has decided to sell the TC Design Brackets at an unpresedented discount during the month of October. A set (2 brackets) is available for only US$99.00! The price has already been adjusted on www.beastpower.com and the brackets are in stock and available for immediate shipment. This is a limited time offer and in November the price will revert back to $175.00.

Although this will significantly hurt our profit margins, it will nonetheless block the illegal activity which has been initiated on m5board.com.

As a side note, Gustav, the owner of M5board.com has put his personal stamp of approval on this illegal copy, and has stated in his own words to the person doing the copying: "Sure, go ahead with this."

Cheers, Daniel.

Quack
10-11-2005, 07:31 PM
are you getting a pair Paul? maybe we can order together to save on shipping

Paul540/m3
10-11-2005, 08:21 PM
I was thinking the same thing
I just might have to get them LOL

Althought I do have an extra stock set, hmmmmmmmmmm

PS- I have one M5 rear swaybar left so give me a shout if you want it

jeremy
10-11-2005, 08:29 PM
this goes on all the time... replica wheels, replica body kits etc etc ... it sucks, but what can you do ?

Paul540/m3
10-11-2005, 08:33 PM
Yea thats true, I dont think Beastpower will do anything about it. I think they are jsut pissed off b/c some1 finally copied there "oh so special" design. It was more of a heads up for the drastically reduced price than anything.