PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get Seafoam or something comparable?

Three_1_Eight
10-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Hi,

I have been reading numerous threads about this product called Seafoam which apparently works wonders on cars. However, I went to NAPA today and they don't carry the stuff. I also went to PartSource and Canadian Tire.

Does anyone know where I can get this product or something comparable in Canada?

Thanks,
Tom

euro*
10-11-2005, 05:08 PM
yes u can go back to nappa and ask them to order it in for u cause i think they only sell it in the states

propr'one
10-11-2005, 05:18 PM
If you really can only get it in the states, lemme know i want some too, and can prolly have it shipped here

djcontra
10-11-2005, 05:32 PM
According to another canadian forum, a place in toronto called CarQuest might have it in stock. You can always head over to a GM dealership and ask to buy their Top Engine Cleaner as it's supposed to be extremely similar.

beamerboycsl
10-12-2005, 11:56 AM
u should try powerfoam or wynns combustion chamber cleaner (comes with 2 bottles)also, did the throttle plate and intake manifold cleaning and combustion chamber with both and it brought compression back up and evened out all my cylinders. i have this stuff at my work and i can vouche for it.

AMI Motorsports
10-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Seafoam is by far the best and yes it is only availible at Carquest! Carquest is similar to UAP/Napa or a place like that they are a automotive parts supplier open to jobbers and the public. i suggest you read a DIY from another forum so you know what to expect there is a hell of alot of smoke that comes out of the exhaust and you must take the car for a drive to get rid of it.

http://www.carquest.com/locator.htm

Three_1_Eight
10-12-2005, 05:42 PM
I definately did my research, that's why I want it. I heard it's great.

Do you think that they can ship the stuff out to me?

What is a comparable product that I can get at either Canadian Tire, Part Source, NAPA? I was really suprised that no one carries it here.....hmmm business idea!!!

I still want the Seafoam but if I can't then I would want something comparable.

Tom

chris ng
10-12-2005, 07:25 PM
You can purchase seafoam in Calgary at Napa and Partsource .. take a nice drive and visit cowtown to pick some up.. don't know why edmonton stores don't stock it..

mpower1226
10-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Seafoam is by far the best and yes it is only availible at Carquest! Carquest is similar to UAP/Napa or a place like that they are a automotive parts supplier open to jobbers and the public. i suggest you read a DIY from another forum so you know what to expect there is a hell of alot of smoke that comes out of the exhaust and you must take the car for a drive to get rid of it.

http://www.carquest.com/locator.htm

can you tell me where that DIY is ?

Three_1_Eight
10-13-2005, 02:18 PM
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322657

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=011167

Plus I have been doing some searches on google and read that a variety of people use this stuff with great results.

Tom

mpower1226
10-14-2005, 06:52 AM
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322657

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=011167

Plus I have been doing some searches on google and read that a variety of people use this stuff with great results.

Tom

so did you get it yet? if you have gotton the can, let us know where you picked it up.

Three_1_Eight
10-14-2005, 09:58 AM
I am going to head down to Calgary in a couple of weeks and pick the stuff up from NAPA. I will update when I get it done.

If anybody else has done it or is going to do it soon, please post your experiences! The more info the better!

Tom

1fast325
10-15-2005, 08:51 PM
I dont know if they have it in Canada but I picked mine up at autozone

Three_1_Eight
11-11-2005, 02:18 AM
I went to Calgary this week and NAPA did not have any Seafoam. It looks like I will order somewhere online.

Tom

Soldo
11-11-2005, 02:22 AM
The shop i worked at in Toronto during the summer sold all kinds of seafoam products............ the mechanics swore by it, specially the DEEP CREEP

bmnorm
11-25-2005, 02:02 PM
There is a place in scarborough that sells seafoam.
the place is called pirana automotive.
416 755 7781 give them a call I was there today

Discostar
06-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Before you jump into anything, there have been a few accounts of issues regarding Seafoam use. Some have even suggested possible damage to the seals in higher milage motors.

Although some swear by it and use it regularly without encountering problems, I decided against using it. My motor is nearly 300k and its running well now, so I didnt wanna risk it and cause a potentially expensive problem.

Heres another option incase your in the same boat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sjZ1wib34w

SiR
06-17-2011, 03:14 AM
uh did you see the thread date? lol

nothing wrong with seafoam ...no one should be using it regularly.

sparf328
06-17-2011, 08:19 AM
the only thing wrong with seafoam is the intructions on the can are weak

Discostar
06-17-2011, 10:54 PM
uh did you see the thread date? lol

nothing wrong with seafoam ...no one should be using it regularly.

I didnt see the thread date actually. Ill pay more attention next time. For some odd reason it showed up in bold on the first page for me. Very odd.

Although I cant speak from direct experiance. I was simply pointing out that there have been some instances where Seafoam was alleged to cause problems to become worse or appear when they were not there prior to Seafoam use...

Terra-clean has never had any of those issue to my knowledge and is even used by many dealerships now. Just offering an alternative.

DIY
06-19-2011, 12:26 PM
every part source I've gone into has had it, it would be nice if they sold it in a gallon pail though

dcramer
06-19-2011, 01:09 PM
crappy tire sells it now

iverson03tj
06-20-2011, 01:31 AM
Before you jump into anything, there have been a few accounts of issues regarding Seafoam use. Some have even suggested possible damage to the seals in higher milage motors.

Although some swear by it and use it regularly without encountering problems, I decided against using it. My motor is nearly 300k and its running well now, so I didnt wanna risk it and cause a potentially expensive problem.

Heres another option incase your in the same boat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sjZ1wib34w

I had the same problem.. i was stupid enough to mix it into my oil.. and i started to burn oil... i guess it really did clean the sludge but some sludge is good on high mileage cars, it helps create a kinda of a seal... i regret using it... i was looking into buying it and this time just putting it in my vaccum line... but no point...

And where can i try terra clean??

Discostar
06-20-2011, 10:49 AM
I had the same problem.. i was stupid enough to mix it into my oil.. and i started to burn oil... i guess it really did clean the sludge but some sludge is good on high mileage cars, it helps create a kinda of a seal... i regret using it... i was looking into buying it and this time just putting it in my vaccum line... but no point...

And where can i try terra clean??

You can get it done at Bavarian Motors (http://www.bavarianmotors.ca/) near 404 and Steeles. I also know many Subaru Dealerships have started using it as part of their scheduled maintainance program as well. Depending on where you are there may be a shop closer to you that can perform it. There are quite a few places that use it in Toronto I'm sure.

iverson03tj
06-20-2011, 03:40 PM
any one have any experience with terra clean?

propr'one
06-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Gallon pail?

I've used this on my e36 before, i put 1/3rd of the bottle in the oil, and fed 2/3rds of it through the intake manifold.

I then went out to go beat on it, and then changed the oil.

This stuff will eat rubber & other silicone seals, its not supposed to sit in your oil/fuel/etc/

iverson03tj
06-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Gallon pail?

I've used this on my e36 before, i put 1/3rd of the bottle in the oil, and fed 2/3rds of it through the intake manifold.

I then went out to go beat on it, and then changed the oil.

This stuff will eat rubber & other silicone seals, its not supposed to sit in your oil/fuel/etc/

yup it really does eat away at the rubber and silicone seals... i let the car sit a bit before changing the oil...If only i knew i shouldnt have done that...its gotten to the point where i gotta swap in my other motor soon.

limenuke
06-24-2011, 12:24 PM
I got cans at canadian tire....I don't know why everyone has so much trouble finding something like this...

SiR
06-24-2011, 12:59 PM
back in 2005 it was really hard to find.

only in the last few yrs has it become so easily available to us.

marks525
06-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Bought mine at Walmart in Newmarket, Ontario. Saw it at the local Canadian Tire as well.