PDA

View Full Version : Rear Headrest Install

Antz_Marchin
10-10-2005, 10:19 PM
How tough of a job is this?? And if it's not something I could tackle (I'm very timid when it comes to my mechanical skills and my M3) how much would it cost me to get it done (amount of labour/time)??

bmdbley'sBro
10-11-2005, 02:31 PM
How tough of a job is this?? And if it's not something I could tackle (I'm very timid when it comes to my mechanical skills and my M3) how much would it cost me to get it done (amount of labour/time)??

lost me a little..

do you have headrest holes in your current rear seats..?
if yes you'd pop them in...
if no then you'd first need rear seat backs that have the headrest holes in them....

to remove my fold down 60/40 seat backs I have to push up a clip in the middle of the pass/drvr side seat backs, really easy
then they just plop out..
you will need to remove the seat belt bolt to get them out entirely thats under the ass part: lower seat
30/45 minute job...

Justin e36
10-11-2005, 03:48 PM
rear seat headrests do not slide into the rear seat itself. they slide into the rear deck where your speakers and third brake light are.

how difficult to install? easy.

either a) drill holes for the headrests. And they will slide straight down. (the catch for the headrests is already on your car).. or b) get a rear deck that has the holes already drilled out and swap them.

328is_Perf
10-11-2005, 09:21 PM
are there headrest catches on 328is?

Antz_Marchin
10-12-2005, 01:19 AM
ok, cool thanks everyone....no I dont have holes already or I wouldn't have asked. Justin, is there any sort of guide on where to drill to make sure I find these catches in the deck? It's not a huge deal, just something that I thought might be nice to throw on.

Justin e36
10-12-2005, 04:06 AM
Antz... there is no guide, but if you ever come down to T.O. I can give you a spare deck. The only way really is to take the deck lid off and measure the holes from there...

DON_MEGA
10-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Go here: http://www.e36coupe.com/, on the left hand side click on technical, and then click the "Fitting rear headrests" link, i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for!!!.

Rampage
10-13-2005, 10:53 PM
were headrest an option on the early e36's ?

Just wondering for future reference

Antz_Marchin
10-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Cool, thanks guys. No, I dont think they were an option early. Justin, to be honest, I went and checked things out the other day and am now questioning the install as I don't want the insert bars extending through the bottom of the deck when I have to fold the seats down. We'll see what winter brings. :)

RevShoT
10-14-2005, 12:40 PM
im 90% sure i had head rests on my 92 325i

Justin e36
10-14-2005, 03:59 PM
headrests came on vehicles with the winter package.
winter package included, ski-bag (not rear folding seats), rear headrests, winter tires, heated seats, and with later e36's models LSD as well.

Ital_325i
10-14-2005, 04:16 PM
headrests came on vehicles with the winter package.
winter package included, ski-bag (not rear folding seats), rear headrests, winter tires, heated seats, and with later e36's models LSD as well.

If thats the case then I have the winter package(94 325i), without the LSD. Mike's 94 325i has an LSD. I however dont have the sport package, but he does.

So was the LSD a seperate option on its own, I was informed that the winter package included the LSD, or is that part of the sport package?

Anyone know?

ZachE36
02-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Ive got a 92 325i with 60/40 folding rear seat and headrests installed into the rear deck. The only problem is i cant seem to be able to remove them from the rear deck since they are cloth and i now have a leather interior. Any help would be great.

Thanks Zach

bimmer318ti
02-23-2009, 09:05 PM
talk about bumping an old thread.. back when revshot and justin use to post *rockout*