PDA

View Full Version : Pope Benedict XVI Takes Delivery of BMW X5!

AMG_POWER
10-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Following an audience with the Pope, the BMW Group yesterday handed over a BMW X5 to the Holy Father. Dr. Michael Ganal, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, and Marco Saltalamacchia, President of BMW Italy, represented the company at the official reception.

Michael Ganal: "We are proud to be able to provide Pope Benedict XVI with a BMW car.

The BMW X5 increases the number of BMW vehicles owned by the Vatican: in addition to a fleet of BMW C1 two-wheelers, the official Vatican vehicle fleet has two more BMW automobiles: a BMW 525ix and a BMW 740i.

http://www.germancarfans.com/news/2051007.011/2051007.011.1M.jpg

e36chick
10-07-2005, 07:39 PM
lol...not surprised though.

RevShoT
10-07-2005, 07:42 PM
dayum hes old

Gianpaolo_E46
10-07-2005, 07:46 PM
4.8is?

rodo
10-07-2005, 07:48 PM
hahaha ya in that sick blue too, oh and dinan too.... RIIIIGHT :P maybe hell be on this forum soon hahahahah wanting to know how to put a S/C in his ride and some bbs rims :P

Understated
10-07-2005, 08:01 PM
hahaha ya in that sick blue too, oh and dinan too.... RIIIIGHT :P maybe hell be on this forum soon hahahahah wanting to know how to put a S/C in his ride and some bbs rims :P

LOLLLL :D

i'd give rep pts if they still existed

rodo
10-07-2005, 08:50 PM
if what still existed, the blue?:P

grievous
10-07-2005, 09:05 PM
last i heard vw was modifying a vw toureg for the pope(http://www.thecarconnection.com/Industry/Daily_Edition/Daily_Edition_Apr_22_2005.S173.A8501.html)
glad they went with a bmw

rodo
10-07-2005, 10:13 PM
his username on max will be:

Avu$Benedict_XXII_$pinnin

Darkness95m3
10-07-2005, 11:22 PM
his username on max will be:

Avu$Benedict_XXII_$pinnin
...... :D.......

myndgone
10-08-2005, 01:45 AM
wow..Hannibal Lecter in a bimma'!!! Thats some pimp $hit!!!!

M3ti Compact
10-08-2005, 12:11 PM
During the time they were showing Pope John Paul, all I could see was a sea of Mercedes.

Soldo
10-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Such garbage.... religion is such a scam!

I mean the guys the POPE, why does he need these FLEET of BMW's! Aren't there still poor people starving to death? For someone whos supposed to be the spokesperson for god, hes doing a GREAT job!

///MAC
10-08-2005, 01:52 PM
hhahhahah
please the pope holds the most money in the world, no one knows for sure how much he is worth, all those vaults man, i just want half of one, and id be fine

Soldo
10-08-2005, 01:58 PM
hhahhahah
please the pope holds the most money in the world, no one knows for sure how much he is worth, all those vaults man, i just want half of one, and id be fine

I know, thats exactly my point! Why does he even NEED money?
*no-no*

Understated
10-08-2005, 02:05 PM
pffff how is he gonna afford 24 inch BBS rims custom made for his X5 guys?

a guy needs SOME sorta vault to lean on when modding :rolleyes:

rodo
10-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Benedict is gona drop an ESS supercharger on his 4.8is and gun metal 24'' BBS rims. u know the song by three6mafia, hell be pumpin it rolling through the vatican while singing "Rim's spinnin', Pope's grinnin, he look like he in th' vatican and must be winnin" hahaha :P

Jon@Bimmersport
10-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Such garbage.... religion is such a scam!

I mean the guys the POPE, why does he need these FLEET of BMW's! Aren't there still poor people starving to death? For someone whos supposed to be the spokesperson for god, hes doing a GREAT job!

better than the job u do arguing on a forum..

religion isnt supposed to be a scam, you idiot. religion is made for us to live by, without religion what do u think this world would be like? it'd be an all out riot.

Soldo
10-08-2005, 07:56 PM
better than the job u do arguing on a forum..

religion isnt supposed to be a scam, you idiot. religion is made for us to live by, without religion what do u think this world would be like? it'd be an all out riot.
:confused:
Wasy there jon, i don't argue on the forum, i posted an opionon on knockoff headlights, and now this. Not tryin to argue with anyone!

Care to explin? By the looks of it the world IS an all out riot, and a lot of times its BECAUSE OF RELIGION!

There would still be LAW, which is what is used to keep the world abiding by rules!

Jon@Bimmersport
10-08-2005, 08:12 PM
How often is the law broken? shit at work we broke it every wed by washing cars...and why did we do that? to keep customers, and to get more profit. the law has a consequence, jail..community service, house arrests, etc. Do people care? Some are scared, most dont...but religion goes beyond this life, religion (if you beleive in it) helps you understand what is beyond this world. Maybe you dont care about it, or dont understand it...but the majority of people in this world do beleive there is a God, me being one...you actually beleive that "big bang" theory bullshit? LOL...2 rocks collide and life is made? Why is there signs of life on mars? Oh yea..another 2 rocks collided as well? I personally dont think so...yes, science has its answers...but they only take you so far. What about the other XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX billion miles in space?

Religion, such as Buddism teaches you about an afterlife and reincarnation right? Well what you do in this life, affects your next life. If your bad in this life, your punished with a terrible one next time. In Cristianity, if you kill someone, or commit suicide (end God's gift of life), or dont abide by the rules of christianity etc then you go to hell. I am not sure in the Muslim religion, but during Ramadan (SP?) fasting for 40 days during sunlight...that shit is pure disciplin. A lot of people i know who are muslim, yes theyre stupid sometimes...yea some have been to jail for things, BUT their religion has taught them certain things they cant go against, can the law do that? i mean...i know people who have been to jail 3 times, theyre muslim...but they wont do things against their religion. Religion has a lot of power, it all depends on your beleif.

Soldo
10-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Do you not see how crazy religion is, it makes some people do messed up things, thinkin its alright because of religion. I was born and raised as a good little catholic school boy. But i have nothing against people who have a BELIEF, theres nothing wrong with that. I actually encourage it, why? Because it helps people get through life cause not everyone handles lifes situations the same!

But jon, anyone that has some form of intelligence knows that science is the only religion thats RIGHT. What i mean is that YES the big bang theory is true, two rocks colliding (and its much more complex than that) makes a LOT more sense then a SUPREME BEING creating something outta nothing!

If you look at the Old school Greek times, where they had gods which served a purpose for everything. Well it makes sense cause in those days they didn't have the technology as we do today, and religion was used to explain the uexplainable, but as we all know now, lightning is NOT cause by a god named zeus who throws those things down. Science is what allows us to explain everything.

I know that religion is a very powerful thing, but are you telling me that in order to have a faith (i'm refering to the catholic one in this case) you MUST enter a specific building every week and donate money?? To me that just sounds like a scam!

You don't need to go ANYWHERE in order to have a faith or a belief system.

So i appoogize if i messed things up cause thats what my main point was from the begining, thats why i said religion is a scam, cause in many ways it is! But i am NOT trying to make fun of ANYONES beliefs!

Understated
10-08-2005, 09:00 PM
yea so anyway.....any pix of the actual x5?

rodo
10-09-2005, 01:39 AM
hey superman87, did you read my post? here it is

Benedict is gona drop an ESS supercharger on his 4.8is and gun metal 24'' BBS rims. u know the song by three6mafia, hell be pumpin it rolling through the vatican while singing "Rim's spinnin', Pope's grinnin, he look like he in th' vatican and must be winnin" hahaha

dropped_E30
10-10-2005, 12:19 AM
lemme clear some things up:

the big bang theory actually goes somethin like this, in laymans terms: there was one single energy source, or singularity, that went through a cataclysmic explosion, releasing an enourmous amount of energy and continued to expand outward, forming the universe that we see today.

now the thing is, science can explain everything that happened leading up to the big bang, but it cannot explain wat happened at the actual time of the big bang, or "time zero". all the mathematical and scientific formulas become distorted as time zero approaches, therefore the question of why the big bang happened, or how that singularity came to be, remains unanswered. and this is where the argument of a higher power comes into play. someone or something had to have initiated that explosion, or had to have created that single energy source. this is a question that science has yet to answer, but i believe that in order to answer it, it needs the open-mindedness of religion and faith. this is why science and religion need each other and must co-exist.

dtthiaga
10-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Not to judge anyone, but there is nothing wrong with giving only 10% of what you have to help others. Churches do a lot of good with the money. Mine runs a food bank just to name one. You don't have to go into a building to pray. You can communicate to God any where you want or need to. Faith in God is not a scam. I'm just sharing what I believe, so no nasty grams please. :)

As for the Big Bang, science can't explain it all. An interesting read...

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v20/i3/big_bang.asp

http://www.answersingenesis.org

Waterwings
10-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Its called "faith" for a reason

Jon@Bimmersport
10-12-2005, 09:41 PM
lemme clear some things up:

the big bang theory actually goes somethin like this, in laymans terms: there was one single energy source, or singularity, that went through a cataclysmic explosion, releasing an enourmous amount of energy and continued to expand outward, forming the universe that we see today.

now the thing is, science can explain everything that happened leading up to the big bang, but it cannot explain wat happened at the actual time of the big bang, or "time zero". all the mathematical and scientific formulas become distorted as time zero approaches, therefore the question of why the big bang happened, or how that singularity came to be, remains unanswered. and this is where the argument of a higher power comes into play. someone or something had to have initiated that explosion, or had to have created that single energy source. this is a question that science has yet to answer, but i believe that in order to answer it, it needs the open-mindedness of religion and faith. this is why science and religion need each other and must co-exist.

basically, i said the same thing. :D :rolleyes:

Jon@Bimmersport
10-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Do you not see how crazy religion is, it makes some people do messed up things, thinkin its alright because of religion. I was born and raised as a good little catholic school boy. But i have nothing against people who have a BELIEF, theres nothing wrong with that. I actually encourage it, why? Because it helps people get through life cause not everyone handles lifes situations the same!

But jon, anyone that has some form of intelligence knows that science is the only religion thats RIGHT. What i mean is that YES the big bang theory is true, two rocks colliding (and its much more complex than that) makes a LOT more sense then a SUPREME BEING creating something outta nothing!

If you look at the Old school Greek times, where they had gods which served a purpose for everything. Well it makes sense cause in those days they didn't have the technology as we do today, and religion was used to explain the uexplainable, but as we all know now, lightning is NOT cause by a god named zeus who throws those things down. Science is what allows us to explain everything.

I know that religion is a very powerful thing, but are you telling me that in order to have a faith (i'm refering to the catholic one in this case) you MUST enter a specific building every week and donate money?? To me that just sounds like a scam!

You don't need to go ANYWHERE in order to have a faith or a belief system.

So i appoogize if i messed things up cause thats what my main point was from the begining, thats why i said religion is a scam, cause in many ways it is! But i am NOT trying to make fun of ANYONES beliefs!

actually i dont really like going to church to begin with, i agree on that...i dont think u have to go to church or the mosque to or where ever to be a good..watever your religion is.

dropped_E30
10-14-2005, 07:57 AM
you actually beleive that "big bang" theory bullshit? LOL...2 rocks collide and life is made? Why is there signs of life on mars? Oh yea..another 2 rocks collided as well?

lol two rocks bumping into each other is not the same as a point of pure energy exploding by itself :P