PDA

View Full Version : thornhill/toronto garage

propr'one
10-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Anyone know of a reliable garage between thornhill and toronto? (i live in the west end of toronto, seller lives in thornhill, neither wants to drive)

i gotta meet a seller at a garage to have the car looked at. Normally i'd insist on a mechanic i knew, but this car is in great shape, i just wanna be sure.

thanks

propr'one
10-05-2005, 01:11 PM
bizzzzzzzzzzzump comon guys iminahurry:)

Meegis
10-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Well.... I live in thornhill....who is the seller, maybe I know him/her?

Also, you can call up Silver Service. They are my mechanic since owning my first car. My dad has been going for over 20 years.

They are located on Caledonia, just south of lawrence. You can call them at (416)783-1121. Talk to Bruno, if you want, mention the name Josh Zilberberg with the blue Audi S4 as a referral.

propr'one
10-05-2005, 07:43 PM
the seller is Steven Malezian. its a 98 328i. took a look over it today, looks good, just want a mechanic to check and feel the same way, then i'll make him an offer.

T.Dot_E30
10-05-2005, 08:22 PM
I work at Active Green + Ross. In the Promenade Mall, Thornhill.

You could take it there if you wanted, not sure what exactly you want checked.
Brakes, fuilds, general things they will check for you.

Is the car certified already? If not get them to check the things that it will need to pass.

propr'one
10-05-2005, 09:06 PM
I want mostly the engine and transmission+clutch checked, could you do that there?

T.Dot_E30
10-05-2005, 10:07 PM
I want mostly the engine and transmission+clutch checked, could you do that there?

There is no real way to tell exactly how good an engine/tranmission is. You asking very hard to answer question without knowing the history of a car.

Yes we can check to see if the engine is leaking oil or any other fluids, make sure everything is there, we can pull a spark plug if you'd like. We can lift it up, check suspension components, check brakes etc.

No we can't tell you when the waterpump will go, headgasket.. etc

To check the clutch you'd have to drive it, make sure no noises are present, make sure the pedal isn't low.

Basically what im trying to say is we do a general check and make sure everythig is good at the present time.

I know thats not what your hoping to hear, but
What is more important is to make sure the car has been serviced properly and according to the maintance schedule from bmw. This way if the car is taken care of well, your likely not to have any problems in the near future.

This has nothing to do with us, im just trying to give you general advice on purchasing your car.

Call the shop tomar 905-763-1236, Talk to either Rohan or Emilio. Tell them your thinking of buying a car and you want to have it looked at, have a few specific things u want to check. Ask how much n stuff........

If you need the car safetied or emission tested, you can have it done there.

propr'one
10-06-2005, 01:54 AM
well im not asking someone to rip everything apart and check. I've been driving standard for 6 months, clutch/tranny seems fine to me. I've been working with cars for a while, other components also seem fine. Mostly, i just want a second opinion, and i think that's exactly what your shop can do for me.

lvan
10-06-2005, 01:59 AM
What about Autohaus bmw?

propr'one
10-06-2005, 02:13 AM
where is that?

lvan
10-06-2005, 02:20 AM
Steels and younge. Just west of yonge. Thornhill area

MarkD
10-06-2005, 08:42 AM
Anyone know of a reliable garage between thornhill and toronto? (i live in the west end of toronto, seller lives in thornhill, neither wants to drive)

i gotta meet a seller at a garage to have the car looked at. Normally i'd insist on a mechanic i knew, but this car is in great shape, i just wanna be sure.

thanks

Why not take it to an independant BMW garage such as Bavarian Motors (805-479-1769) or EuroJapan ? ( 905-415-1006) It's worth having someone with knowledge of BMW's have a look for common problems. It would be worth the extra effort, especially if they find anything else.

MarkD

propr'one
10-06-2005, 12:38 PM
car's getting dropped off at active green & ross. Thanks for the advice of a bmw dealership, but im really not that concearned about the car having a problem. It is VERY clean, and im mostly concearned with HUGE problems that any reasonable mechanic will be able to detect. besides, if maxbimmer members vouched for a garage, im sure its at least a decent garage:)

Paul540/m3
10-06-2005, 02:50 PM
I'll vouch for that Active, thats my normal garage, I always take my car there

T.Dot_E30
10-06-2005, 03:17 PM
I'll vouch for that Active, thats my normal garage, I always take my car there

I fixed your tire leak on wednesday.
Those tires are a bitch to get off.

Paul540/m3
10-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Is it finally fixed?!?! That tire/rim has been giving me trouble for the last year lol

What was wrong with it?

T.Dot_E30
10-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Is it finally fixed?!?! That tire/rim has been giving me trouble for the last year lol

What was wrong with it?

It was leaking around the rim......
Im not 100% sure its fixed, because first i cleaned up around the rim, and put air back into the tire. Then I used water around it to test it, and i saw a few bubbles, I then fill more air in it, thinking it didn't seal properly, then the bubbles stop coming. So im hoping it did seal properly now and doesn't start leaking again.

Paul540/m3
10-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Thats what ( I forget his name, the dude with the civic) did last time and it was alright for a bit then recently it got really bad. I guess only time will tell. I have a feeling it could be the valve.

icu
10-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Yeah Munich Mtrs 73 Alness St. 416-665-1695 , ask for Mike great work ucan tell him I sent you , fair prices. Oil change ect cheaper than most. *th-up*