PDA

View Full Version : Got a new goddie for the 5er

Hound
10-05-2005, 05:03 AM
well i was at bav auto's show and shine this weekend and made the plunge and decided to get something for the car to make it a bit more unique. i was gonna go with the acs exaust tips but decided not to just in case i decide to turn in the car when the lease is up. so i got the carbon fiber engine cover for the car. i know this may seem like a silly thing to do to the car since it's not really anything that will make the car handle/perform any better but i wanted to make the car stand out a bit more and also wanted to treat myself to something fun :D. anyways the only thing left on the mods list now is the ipod integration that im doing this friday, so if any of you are interested i can post pics (once i get the engine cleaned, it's very dirty) i can post some, also if any of you come to the friday meets i am always there so you can ask me to pop the hood and take a peek. thanks for any thoughts/comments.

*wave* :cool:

SpoolinS6
10-07-2005, 01:09 AM
im guessing thats a big engine cover or is it a small one ?

Hound
10-07-2005, 02:16 AM
it's the 2 piece that goes on any 6cyl bimmer, it goes over the fuel rod and the block. im not that good at the parts of an engine but im almost positive that's what it covers. the ones that were on there before were black plastic the one that i think is over the block said bmw on it and the one on the fuel rod just had some silver lines. im really happy with the way it looks and if you're there tonight im more than happy to pop the hood :D maybe someone can help me out with the actual names of the parts that they cover. im always eager to learn.

Darkness95m3
10-07-2005, 10:33 PM
well i was at bav auto's show and shine this weekend and made the plunge and decided to get something for the car to make it a bit more unique. i was gonna go with the acs exaust tips but decided not to just in case i decide to turn in the car when the lease is up. so i got the carbon fiber engine cover for the car. i know this may seem like a silly thing to do to the car since it's not really anything that will make the car handle/perform any better but i wanted to make the car stand out a bit more and also wanted to treat myself to something fun :D. anyways the only thing left on the mods list now is the ipod integration that im doing this friday, so if any of you are interested i can post pics (once i get the engine cleaned, it's very dirty) i can post some, also if any of you come to the friday meets i am always there so you can ask me to pop the hood and take a peek. thanks for any thoughts/comments.

*wave* :cool:

Pics or ban. *angel*

Hound
10-09-2005, 01:04 AM
hahaha yes i will get picks up asap of the car and of bav auto. the car is in the shop atm getting the aux input for the stereo for my ipod so i have a toy to play around with this weekend. '05 325ci carbon black. i like this little thing. it's like a go-cart compared to the E60. i want one.