PDA

View Full Version : need help!

aziz
10-04-2005, 12:35 PM
guys, i need help!

time to change spark plugs/coolant/and rotors!

i have the diy printed out but dont have all the necessary tools, can someone help! thanks in advance!

az

Nascar318is
10-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Coolant for the rad??? Rotors are easy if you have a hex(allen) key.. I wish I could help you with the tools but I went through a buddy for Plugs and Coolant to bleed the lines and what not...

aziz
10-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Coolant for the rad??? Rotors are easy if you have a hex(allen) key.. I wish I could help you with the tools but I went through a buddy for Plugs and Coolant to bleed the lines and what not...

yup, time for inspection 2 and i am doing it myself! dont have 800$ for the stealership *no-no* .

bmdoubleya
10-04-2005, 06:35 PM
This is Daves bro Btw.....

rotors pads a little time consuming, but should be easy barring
seized callipers..

plugs "look" easy too (from what i saw in pics) no speacial tool required like a VW VR6 *thmbsdwn*

coolant i wouldn't touch... GET far away from stealers!
I can pm you the number of the guys we go to in Aylmer really reasonable!!

you got all the parts already?

chromius
10-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Spark plugs require nothing special...just a standard spark plug socket, and wrench. If you don't have one, and don't want to buy one, there should be one in your BMW tool kit in the trunk.

Coolant is really simple...like changing the oil. Drain, refill. If you are planning on doing the block too, then you will need to bleed the air out after yoiu refill. The shop manual should say exactly where the bleeder screw is.

If you want to flush the coolant system, then you will most likely have to bring it to a shop, they have special machines that run chemicals through the entire system to flush it out.

Brakes, time consuming, but easy. All you need is an alan key (as Tony said) and a socket set. And preferably a torque wrench, unless you are good at guessing tightning torques.
oh, and invest in some anti-seize paste, you will thank yourself for using it the next time you do the brakes.

If you don't have a socket set, I suggest you splurge and get one. :P

Nascar318is
10-07-2005, 08:10 AM
I hear he'll supply the beer and booze if we all go and help him *shiner* after the beer and what not not we can paint his car :)

aziz
10-07-2005, 11:11 AM
damn right i will! some poker afters too! now only if we had angie(dooly's waitress rmmbr) to serve us!!!

thanks for the suggestions, i have all the parts! just dont have the experience 1st hand lol!