PDA

View Full Version : insurance help

blkm3
10-03-2005, 08:37 PM
hey guys ,
I would like to have some input from you guys who know about insurance claims. What if the insurance writes off your car and then only give you 1\4 of what you think it is worth . Talked to the insurance adjuster but it goes no where . What choices do I have now . He will not allow me to put the car back on the road as it has been in the flood.
1) can I tell him nevermind and I will fix it myself ?
2) if we still do not come to an agreement for the amount what can I do .
3) after he pays me can I request to buy the car back ?
any help would be great

JazzM
10-03-2005, 09:21 PM
1. depends if your car has flood damage title already on it

2. not much... they will pay you what the same car that you have (without any upgrades that you might have put on unless you claimed them when you got the policy) with the same milage and year goes for. If you believe what you're getting paid is not right, get a few ads for the same car from the autotrader, etc... thats about the only negitiating stance you may have.

3. You may buy back the car, BUT it will have a slavage title and if its been flood damaged it cannot be fixed in ontario to be put back on the road here. You can fix it and sell it outside of the province.

T.

blkm3
10-03-2005, 09:40 PM
1) ok car does not have a slavage title .
2) i looked in the trader this week and did not find a car at the price they are willing to pay me . IE all more than what he is giving me .
3) he claims that last week there was one less than what he is paying me .
4) how can an insurance company pay according to what ppl sell cars for .. So this week i decide to sell my 10,000$ car for 2000$ cuz I need money . That does not justify the market value of the car . I asked him about book value he claims that they go with that they sell the cars for in ontario . The cars at that price are in ottawa?? I am in the GTA ..
5)what are my other options now?
6) how sure are you about the selling the flooded car in another province

JazzM
10-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Ask justine36. He knows more about salvaged cars...

look at autotrader.ca. there is cars only in ontario and you can search for just toronto. You can also do a high-to-low price bracket comparison of your make and model. Try to match the milage, options and year as accurately as possible and justify your price. Also get them to justify their price as well.

T.

daytona
10-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Make a long story short...$45000 finance 2005 Acura TL,owner had it for three weeks..car was total...insurance only paid out $30000..biggest legal scam in the world..insurance companies.

blkm3
10-04-2005, 05:52 PM
that is exactly what I am talking about .
the insurance claims that a 96 convertible is only worth 3000$ you tell me is it a scam or what ?

SickFinga
10-04-2005, 06:48 PM
that is exactly what I am talking about .
the insurance claims that a 96 convertible is only worth 3000$ you tell me is it a scam or what ?

what car is that?

blkm3
10-04-2005, 08:18 PM
325ic