PDA

View Full Version : Where to DYNO?

grossi
09-26-2005, 05:14 PM
Hey guys... anyone know of any decent shops that run Dyno's in the GTA???? Thanks in advance.

- G

paul
09-26-2005, 05:19 PM
tag motorsports

Mystikal
09-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Dyno Power Service
325 Nantucket Blvd, Unit 31
Scaborough - 416-752-3966

Good rates from what I hear. Protech in Mississauga offered $100/hour with wideband for BMWCC guys, you could lie your way into that deal.

grossi
09-26-2005, 06:53 PM
They usually give you 2 or 3 runs on the dyno right? A friend of mine with a heavily modded GTI and myself, would like to get a few runs on a dyno.

MarkD
09-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Jason,

did you forget the GRAF AUTO dyno at 151 Bentworth Ave? It's better and more accurate than a Dynojet.

- 3 runs with wideband a/f ratio for $95, extra runs after that are $25 each
(or a flat $100 /hr for dyno time instead of the above rate for 2 or more hours)

- $65 to supply and install an O2 sensor bung ahead of the cat. (required for accurate wideband a/f ratio readings as you must have the sensor before the cat)

- $100/hr for Motronic DME tuning, 3 hour minimum.

MarkD

Jari
09-26-2005, 08:58 PM
thats a good deal for installation of bung. I put my own in and it was a bitch to do. With dual exhaust I had to weld in a cross pipe but even just drilling and welding a bung in, its a good deal.

MarkD
09-26-2005, 09:18 PM
thats a good deal for installation of bung. I put my own in and it was a bitch to do. With dual exhaust I had to weld in a cross pipe but even just drilling and welding a bung in, its a good deal.

Thanks Jari.

Almosy everything Rudy (co-owner of Graf Auto ) does is a good deal. And so are the prices I charge for software. Even the dyno and tuning rates are good, considering what you will get.

I'm off to the USA from Thursday to Sunday, I'll be at the Genesee Valley chapter driving school at Watkins Glen to meet some American racers and get them interested in my tuning.

MarkD

KIRASIR
09-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Mark,

I am assuming this offer is for OBD-I only?

SL

MarkD

MarkD
09-26-2005, 11:54 PM
Mark,

I am assuming this offer is for OBD-I only?

SL

Yes it is. I've now got the tools to edit OBD-II files at the dyno but have not had time to actually try them out there yet. It would take me some time to adjust things since I'm not up to speed withthe new software I just bought. But next year, I'll be able to tune OBD-II cars on the dyno. The problem is, it's still quite complicated as for real-time tuning, I have to desolder the FLASH memory to connect the emulator. But I will be able to log a/f ratio and then edit the maps based on the readings I see, and re-load to the DME without de-soldering the FLASH memory.

Mark

Mystikal
09-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Jason,

did you forget the GRAF AUTO dyno at 151 Bentworth Ave? It's better and more accurate than a Dynojet.

- 3 runs with wideband a/f ratio for $95, extra runs after that are $25 each
(or a flat $100 /hr for dyno time instead of the above rate for 2 or more hours)

- $65 to supply and install an O2 sensor bung ahead of the cat. (required for accurate wideband a/f ratio readings as you must have the sensor before the cat)

MarkD

Thought about mentioning Rudy, but I knew you'd chime in with the details.

3 runs with wideband for $95 is lower than anywhere I've seen in the city, add that to the superior equipment and I think it's obvious where to go for testing/tuning.

MarkD
09-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Thought about mentioning Rudy, but I knew you'd chime in with the details.

I'd rather not be the one to chime in as I don't want to look like I'm promoting myself also.

(But if you want to your BMW tuned on a dyno, where else can you go?) :)

3 runs with wideband for $95 is lower than anywhere I've seen in the city, add that to the superior equipment and I think it's obvious where to go for testing/tuning.

That's correct! Thanks for mentioning it. *wave*

MarkD

SpoolinS6
09-27-2005, 06:16 PM
evolution racing is ganna be doing some dyno runs at theyre open house for 15 bucks each run ,no tunning thought

Mystikal
09-27-2005, 06:19 PM
evolution racing is ganna be doing some dyno runs at theyre open house for 15 bucks each run ,no tunning thought

That's about right for a run without A/F wideband, which I should mention isn't a very useful run.

SpoolinS6
09-27-2005, 06:20 PM
whats an a/f wideband btw ???

KIRASIR
09-28-2005, 02:04 AM
DynoPower used to charge(2 years ago) 70 bucks for 3 runs with the A/F curve. Anyone knows how much they charge now?

SL

paul
09-28-2005, 08:26 AM
dynopower has moved