PDA

View Full Version : Cayuga Oct. 11th details!

MP328
09-30-2002, 11:34 PM
Since KK was the meeting point at the least meetings why change it. The racing starts at 7pm and i would like to be there around that time to get as much time as possible and since it's friday and pretty busy on the highway we should take off around 5;30pm the latest. if maybe some would go but don't wanna go with their cars. maybe u can come to KK and go with some of us if the other guys wouldn't mind. also here is a map and directions if u wanna print it out. mods feel free to edit the post at any time

Directions from Toronto/Hamilton East: Drive Time 1hr-Hamilton 30min

Follow QEW [towards Niagara] over Burlington Skyway.
Exit on Centennial Parkway [Hwy#20] to right.
Follow Centennial Parkway up Hamilton Escarpment to Junction of highway #56 & highway #20.
Follow highway #56 to highway #3.
Turn right on highway #3. (there is a green gas station on the corner)
Continue on #3 through town of Cayuga, across river, turn left on second road on left, Kohler Rd.
Follow Kohler Rd for 4 miles, track is on left hand side.
first gate is racer entrance, second gate is spectator entrance

Meeting place:Krispy Kreme
Meeting time: 5:00 pm, take off around 5:30pm

so far are going

MP328
MTRD
tlaselva
Lil'Smoothie
Slowered318
E46_lover and his cuzin
saj328
M50E30

Jon@Bimmersport
09-30-2002, 11:44 PM
some1...ANY1 bring a video camera! i have the perfect song and everything!

Rolled_Out
09-30-2002, 11:46 PM
I'm 50% on it...
I'm going to see if i can pull a mission and get one hell of a sick car to do some 1/4's with....
if not, ill bring my car
50%

burnhard22
10-01-2002, 04:54 PM
I would be interested but what do drivers' and cars require at the track. My car is low and not as fast as some but would be willing to see how slow it really is!! What do we need and what can not run?
Plz let us know.
Thanks
Burnhard

Jon@Bimmersport
10-01-2002, 05:04 PM
burnhard..at cayuga i heard all u need is the car, and u can run it...i am pretty sure everything is ok to have....except a ****in afterburner on the car!

Lil'Smoothie
10-01-2002, 05:09 PM
crap I can't get it off work!
sorry guys. ahwell I didn't wanna see myself run high 15's anyways

MP328
10-02-2002, 01:11 AM
as e46_l.... said burnhard u can bring whatever u want even a yugo if u got one around. anyways for more info have a look here http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/dragway/2001schedule.htm

FAST AND FURIOUS FRIDAYS
* Test and tune every Friday Night
* Car & Driver $20.00
* Spectator $10.00
* Open to all vehicles both domestics and Imports
* Starts at 7pm
* Free Instruction is available -- Just Ask!!!
* Burn out Competition
* Prizes every Friday Night
* Sponsored by: International Automotive and Custom
* Come test your vehicle

Update:
MP328
MTRD
tlaselva
Slowered318
E46_lover and his cuzin
saj328
M50E30
burnhard22 (?)
Rolled_Out 50%

tlaselva
10-02-2002, 01:22 AM
Should be fun.

I may be able to access a camera for that evening.

moerom
10-03-2002, 01:44 AM
Hey guys,

I'll be coming along with Rolled_Out. I would bring the x5, but I dont wanna run 16's lol. I'll be there with the Lightning.

Hope to see you all there!

moerom
10-03-2002, 01:48 AM
Oh yeah,

I have one question.

I've heard that if your vehicle runs faster than a 13.999, on some tracks a helmet is necessary.

If so, does anyone know where I can get one (rent one)?

Gamite
10-03-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by moerom
Oh yeah,

I have one question.

I've heard that if your vehicle runs faster than a 13.999, on some tracks a helmet is necessary.

If so, does anyone know where I can get one (rent one)?

I bet you have fun beating people in that pickup. :D Very nice trucks though.

moerom
10-03-2002, 01:58 AM
Thanks, Gamite!

The truck is fun.... verrry fun. I love the look of Vette and Carrera owners' faces when they see the red brick beside them all the way!!!

I have to learn how to drag race though. I've never done it, and I am probably gonna make an ass of myself the first time down that 1320 ft track.

I'm curious to see if I can run even with an E46 M3. More than likely they will take me after the first 1/8 mile (aerodynamics, weight), but I might as well try!

Nice car btw Gamite, I love the E34 5 series. There is a nice one in my area (Yonge and Royal Orchard) black with E39 M5 rims. It looks real sharp. I love those Hamanns you have on there, it makes the car look aggressive but at the same time classy (kinda hard to explain).

Are you gonna be there on the 11th?

ROB89M3
10-03-2002, 02:03 AM
Hey Moerom,you live near a Banquet hall right? Royal orchard is just south of Langstaff? That banquet hall is where Sisley Honda has their Christmas parties.

moerom
10-03-2002, 02:21 AM
I live at Yonge and Centre streets, near the pond. Royal Orchard is the next major light north on Yonge from Centre St.

I didn't know there was a banquet hall near me. Do you know what its called?

Grrrr......
I'm reading on nloc.net how to drag race efficiently..... its gets pretty technical. I'm all confused!

So Rob are you coming on the 11th?

ROB89M3
10-03-2002, 02:24 AM
So Rob are you coming on the 11th?

I have to/need to work !*mumble*

moerom
10-03-2002, 02:27 AM
Ahhhh I see.....

I gave up on work since university started. I wanted to try both, but university is hard enough!!

Respect to those guys who work to pay tuition!

Gamite
10-03-2002, 05:23 AM
Thanks, Gamite!

The truck is fun.... verrry fun. I love the look of Vette and Carrera owners' faces when they see the red brick beside them all the way!!!

I have to learn how to drag race though. I've never done it, and I am probably gonna make an ass of myself the first time down that 1320 ft track.

I'm curious to see if I can run even with an E46 M3. More than likely they will take me after the first 1/8 mile (aerodynamics, weight), but I might as well try!

Nice car btw Gamite, I love the E34 5 series. There is a nice one in my area (Yonge and Royal Orchard) black with E39 M5 rims. It looks real sharp. I love those Hamanns you have on there, it makes the car look aggressive but at the same time classy (kinda hard to explain).

Are you gonna be there on the 11th?

Thanks for the compliments, I'm still undecided if I want to go or not, I'll probably just spectate.

Rolled_Out
10-03-2002, 08:28 AM
looks like im comin...moerom's my cousin and hes gunna drive and i can relaxxxxxx, unless i take my car, which i don't want too..
i'll see if brian wants to come, but he has NO tires @ alllllll there so damn blad its unbelievable... u just pin it in 2nd gear and u lose the car... funny thing is, he has another set @ home but he wont put them on.. (idiot?)

Mr seville
10-03-2002, 09:53 AM
i'd say brians an idiot he might put his car into a guard-rail today since it's raining. tell him to watch himself out there today*wave*

tlaselva
10-03-2002, 02:06 PM
Thanks, Gamite!

Nice Truck.

Did some research on the Lightning before I bought my M3.
I've read on the internet about someone who regularly dragged his Lightning. Noted that there tricky to launch, being automatics, they would prematurely shift into 2nd when in first gear when launching, so manually shifting is a must. Secondly, he found that it took him a while to learn how to launch the truck properly. That SC engine has a ton on torque, so it's difficult to work out just how much power to apply.
I'm sure you'll have fun practicing though. *th-up*

With all that torque (450 lb-ft), I don't think that aerodynamics and weight will impede your progress as much as you think. If you launch that truck properly, it should be a close race.

Oh by the way, you've got an E46 M3 that'll race you!

moerom
10-03-2002, 03:12 PM
Alrighty then selva, its a deal!

Do you have the SMG II gearbox or is it full manual?

Also, have you ever run a 1/4 pass before? More than likely I'll screw up somehow lol ;-)

The Lightnings are surprisingly easy to launch. Boost comes in a linear fashion. Dont get me wrong, the roots-type blower ensures full boost even from low rpm, but the boost doesn't "explode" like some turbo applications, thus making launching a bit easier. The Goodyear F1's on the truck do a really good job of hooking, provided that one doesn't floor it off the start. From what I hear, its best to roll out 8-10 ft. on 1/2 throttle and then jam it. Guys who do this get consistent 1.8-1.9 60-ft. times. Personally, I'm looking for a mid to high 13, and then I'll be satisfied. I was gonna run with a chip and an airbox mod, but I decided that I am going to run stock so I can have a baseline to work with when I finally add some mods. There are a few tips and tricks that I've learned that apply to any car that should help me out a little with my time (e.g. weight reduction).

Is anyone gonna bring a video camera?

Btw, I'm lovin the Euro-spec 19's!

moerom
10-03-2002, 03:13 PM
Oh nevermind, I just saw SMG II in your sig.

moerom
10-03-2002, 03:15 PM
My next question is, in terms of performance, are you completely stock?

Jon@Bimmersport
10-03-2002, 04:42 PM
My next question is, in terms of performance, are you completely stock?

i'd first make sure hes done the break in! are u tony? i sure hope u r!

some1 please bring the video camera! im willin to do the taping...to get nice shots out of sunroof/windows etc

tlaselva
10-03-2002, 06:00 PM
The M is completely stock, even down to the filter.
Going K&N, just haven't got arount to it yet.
It'll be the first time with this car I'll be running. The SMG Launch Control should make it a fairly easy procedure though, unless I manage to screw that up. ;)

Just past the 3K mark, which should be enough of a breakin.
I've been a good little boy with the M so far. It's now time to play.

Rolled_Out
10-03-2002, 06:12 PM
I was a good boy w/ the M yesterday too... especially when it was a little wet outside.. i traded my buddy for his 02 m3 for 12 hours.. he was 45 minutes away from me, so i had to test it out, you know, make sure everything runs fine @ the cars limits.. hahahahaa what a day i had...oh boy

moerom
10-03-2002, 09:10 PM
Damn that launch control !

I wish I had that too lol. I'll guess I'll have to rely upon my sticky 295/45/18 F1's.

The Lightning is also new, only about 4700 km on it.

So boys and girls, its stock for stock M3 VS. Lightning.

What do ///M3's pull in the 1/4 on average?

MP328
10-03-2002, 10:06 PM

What do ///M3's pull in the 1/4 on average?

www.car-stats.com list the 2002 M3 as 13.2sec and the 2001 Lightning as 13.8sec but who knows how accurate that is.

anyways update on who is going:

MP328
MTRD
tlaselva
Slowered318
E46_lover and his cuzin
saj328
M50E30
burnhard22 (???)
Rolled_Out
moerom

burnhard22
10-03-2002, 10:18 PM
Now I'm 75% there but don't finish work in Brampton till 5pm.
I won't be at Krispy Kreme till atleast 5:30pm. Do they let you run in the dark? It sure does get dark early now. Also, my car is slammed-does it matter and 1 more thing (sorry it's my 1st time-be gentle) do we need a helmet.
I will confirm by noon tomorrow.
Burnhard*smoke*

MP328
10-03-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by burnhard22
Now I'm 75% there but don't finish work in Brampton till 5pm.
I won't be at Krispy Kreme till atleast 5:30pm. Do they let you run in the dark? It sure does get dark early now. Also, my car is slammed-does it matter and 1 more thing (sorry it's my 1st time-be gentle) do we need a helmet.
I will confirm by noon tomorrow.
Burnhard*smoke*

the whole race thing starts at 7 which like u said at this time is already dark at that time and goes till 11 pm. here is a pic when we went the other time (for nothing they were fixing the track) i don't see any lights but i guess there are some or who knows.
slammed car i don't think it matters since most of the rice-rockets there are slammed anyways.
about the helmet thing i don't know i think like moerom said only if u car is faster then a certain time then u need a helmet

GladdoM3
10-04-2002, 09:57 AM
I AM IN !!! I wanna race the SMG ...hehehehe you in trouble tlaselva, launch control is not going to help you this time !! HAHAHAHAHA
jk. My tires are fairly balding ...so this should be interesting !!
I will give you a go in the Truck. I have the manual.
See you guys @ KK on Friday the 11th @ 5:30.
Later
Jordan

Rolled_Out
10-04-2002, 11:22 AM
haha this is going to be funnnn!
i'll bring a video cam....
moe, why don't u bring that digital video cam u got??? was that even yours? (from my sisters wedding?) coz that was awesomeee... if u have it, bring it, if not, ill ask my sis..

tlaselva
10-04-2002, 11:39 AM
Glad to hear your coming Jordan! *th-up*
If anything those bald tires will help your grip.

This is sounding like an evening to behold!

> Lightning vs E46 M3 SMG
> Lightning vs E46 M3 Manual
> E46 M3 SMG vs E46 Manual

Anyone else want a piece of the action?

Were just missing an M5! *devil*

Someone defiantly bring a video camera.

moerom
10-04-2002, 01:20 PM
Ok Dan, I'll see if I can get that thing for next Friday.

Oh man, am I ever excited!!

Anyone have any idea where we can get our helmets?

I spoke to Neale Armstrong of Toronto Motorsports Park, and he said anything quicker than a 14, even a 13.999, you need a helmet.

tlaselva
10-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Does it have to be a car racing helmet, or will a DOT approved, full face motorbike helmet do?

Jon@Bimmersport
10-04-2002, 04:27 PM
tony and jordan...enuf of this 6spd manual 6spd smg crap! time to bust out my bike....24 SPEED BITCH!! lol

tlaselva
10-04-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
tony and jordan...enuf of this 6spd manual 6spd smg crap! time to bust out my bike....24 SPEED BITCH!! lol

Hey, you could hold a blowhorn in your mouth as your racing down the track, same effect of Ram Air Induction!

Now, quicky injest some spicy borrito's from Taco Bell, and that should have the same effect as nitrous!

Now we have to work on your exhaust....oh, never mind. Don't want to go there! *no-no*

lol, JK Grassy! :D

SickFinga
10-04-2002, 05:28 PM
I think I will go too, but I'm not racing that damn truck.
Don't wanna feel gay, being beaten by a truck :mad: :mad: :mad:

moerom, nice car anyway *th-up*
I don't undertand one thing though, why don't US make fast sedans or coupes, instead they make F-CKING FAST trucks???

Jon@Bimmersport
10-04-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
I think I will go too, but I'm not racing that damn truck.
Don't wanna feel gay, being beaten by a truck :mad: :mad: :mad:

moerom, nice car anyway *th-up*
I don't undertand one thing though, why don't US make fast sedans or coupes, instead they make F-CKING FAST trucks???

mustang SVT cobra isnt fast? z06 isnt fast? wat about shelby cobra? i admit...the sedans arent fast but will get a good lead 0.60ft maybe for some of them

moerom
10-04-2002, 05:37 PM
Ford GT40 (old and new one)
Shelby Cobra and Coupe
Chevy Z06

But trust me I would rather have a European supercar (anyone up for a Biturbo Koenig F50? ) than an American car. (Most) American cars don't have the feel and intuition that European (esp. German and Italian) cars have.

Enzo Ferrari once said, "Its not how fast you go, its how you go fast". This is particularly where European cars shine.

Anyways, about Cayuga, I have no idea about DOT approvals of the helmets. Im trying to get my hands on a motorcycle/dirt bike/ATV helmet.

On a side note, I sure hope its going to be cold and crisp next friday otherwise I'm screwed (F.I.) !!!

SickFinga
10-04-2002, 05:46 PM
Well I meant not that many.
And I'm talking about new cars.
Old muscles were pretty fast I think.

Z06 and Viper are fast, Mustang SVT, not fast enough for this type of car.

WASABI
10-04-2002, 05:48 PM
Don't sweat it too much about the helmets, last time I went, Type Rs running low 13s and drivers with no helmets.:huh?: Only drivers I saw with helmets were the big guns and motorbikes, they were running in the 10s-12s. But then again fast 'n furious fridays maybe different. I heard you can rent them at your local bike shop ... not cyclepath grassy!:D

tlaselva
10-04-2002, 06:02 PM
Well I meant not that many.
And I'm talking about new cars.
Old muscles were pretty fast I think.

Z06 and Viper are fast, Mustang SVT, not fast enough for this type of car.

The new SVT Cobra not fast enough?

Were talking about 4.6L Supercharged V8.
390 HP @ 6000 rpm
390 lb.-ft @ 3500 rpm

This car can consistanly pull high 12 sec quarter mile times, stock!

I've heard from an owner that with a few grand, the 8 psi boost can be pushed to 21 psi, and looking at mid to low 11's with slicks! (Advantage to using a cast iron block V8, they can take an insane amount of abuse, and not even flinch).

I wish BMW's were that easily modded. :(

SickFinga
10-04-2002, 06:05 PM
ohhh you mean that one with ugly spoiler?

Jon@Bimmersport
10-04-2002, 06:07 PM
sickfinga thats the svt cobra R...thats the racing 1 like in gt3...i wish i had that its VERY limited!!

tlaselva
10-04-2002, 06:14 PM
ohhh you mean that one with ugly spoiler?

You must be talking about the 2000 SVT Cobra R.
Ya, I'm not to crazy about that wing either. Too ricey for my liking.

The SVT I'm talking about is the 2003 SVT.

Posted link below:

http://www.svt.ford.com/flash/index.html

SickFinga
10-04-2002, 06:20 PM
w0w didn't know thay are that fast.

but 2002 model is not that fast, right??

how much are this stangs
?

MP328
10-04-2002, 09:11 PM
On a side note, I sure hope its going to be cold and crisp next friday otherwise I'm screwed (F.I.) !!!

ok here is the weather report right now. it's dryyyyy thats the best thing. so far 17 degrees they say for the 11th but that might change anyways better then 30.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/cities/can/cayuga_ON.htm

update:

MP328
MTRD
tlaselva
Slowered318
E46_lover and his cuzin
saj328
M50E30
burnhard22 (???)
Rolled_Out
moerom
GladdoM3
Sickfinga

moerom
10-04-2002, 09:13 PM
The 2002 Cobras were very nice peices of machinery as well.
4V per cylinder, v8, 320 hp

0-60 in 5.5-6.0, not bad for a N/A car.

The Cobra R easily pulled over 1g on the skidpad, despite being over 3000 lbs.

The 2003 Cobra's list for around 42-45000, Summit Ford (where I bought my Lightning from, nice bunch of guys) has a black one for 45g I think.

With a Lightning pulley swap, and a K&N filter and slicks, Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords pulled a mid 11.

I'd much rather have an M5 or a 4200GT though.

SickFinga
10-04-2002, 09:15 PM
The 2002 Cobras were very nice peices of machinery as well.
4V per cylinder, v8, 320 hp

0-60 in 5.5-6.0, not bad for a N/A car.

The Cobra R easily pulled over 1g on the skidpad, despite being over 3000 lbs.

The 2003 Cobra's list for around 42-45000, Summit Ford (where I bought my Lightning from, nice bunch of guys) has a black one for 45g I think.

With a Lightning pulley swap, and a K&N filter and slicks, Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords pulled a mid 11.

I'd much rather have an M5 or a 4200GT though.

hell yeah, but m5 is kinda in different price range.

Gamite
10-04-2002, 11:33 PM
Yea, you could buy 2 cobra's.

Jon@Bimmersport
10-05-2002, 12:29 AM
guys...if everything goes right, ill bring the new car...ill run u mp328 since its a really..really even race! u too saj328.

mkgino
10-05-2002, 05:57 AM
guys...if everything goes right, ill bring the new car...ill run u mp328 since its a really..really even race! u too saj328.

What are you racing them in?? Listen guys, if E46 lover wins the race then tell the people at Cayuga he doesnt have a licence!!!!:D :D :D

MP328
10-05-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by mkgino

What are you racing them in?? Listen guys, if E46 lover wins the race then tell the people at Cayuga he doesnt have a licence!!!!:D :D :D

yeah did i miss something u bought a car?? or u mean ur cuzzins civic?

Jon@Bimmersport
10-05-2002, 02:22 PM
hehehehehe....wait and find out....well i have to wait and find out too!

Jon@Bimmersport
10-05-2002, 08:53 PM
oh yea mkgino i forgot....ill run u too! since i dont think ill win...how bout u guys shift 1, 3, 5 instead of 1,2,3,4! hahaha..

moerom
10-05-2002, 10:31 PM
LoLEveryone bring a bicycle, and we'll see who runs the 1/4 the fastest!!

Ok basically I was thinking, the guy who runs the track can't possibly be on everyone's ass about a helmet. As long as there are two helmets at any one time (and assuming no one has ticks, lice, or crabs LOL), we can just swap. If that doesn't work, just run and then if you run a sub 14, say "whoops, it usually doesn't do that" hehehe

On a side note, is Sunoco's top of the line fuel 93 or 94 octane?

Gamite
10-05-2002, 10:36 PM
LoLEveryone bring a bicycle, and we'll see who runs the 1/4 the fastest!!

On a side note, is Sunoco's top of the line fuel 93 or 94 octane?

Tha'd be hillarioius..

94 octane.

MP328
10-06-2002, 01:38 AM
what i wanna know is if we're gonna be able to do the races like we want or we're just gonna get stuck in the line and have to race with who ever we end up staying beside.

like what u guys wanna do race the lightning and the m3's against. i hope we can do that cuz i don;t feel like racing someone thats way out of my league and get raped by the end of the track.

Rolled_Out
10-06-2002, 02:24 AM
when you line up, you line up together in pairs, one guy takes the left and one takes the right... you can race whoever you want.....
i'am thinking if i should bring my car to race YOU MP328... i ran my car again agains the the 1.8T and beat him by even more than b4 and he was supposed to be running quicker coz he had an exhaust leak lol... and i beat a no turbo 300ZX whatever tho nothing crazy.. i want to run you, but on the other hand i dont wanna drive down there i'd rather hop in w/ my cousin or gladdo which i just might do

moerom
10-06-2002, 05:05 AM
(Crosses his fingers) (palms sweaty) Please don't let the M3 use launch control... LOL :(

moerom
10-06-2002, 05:26 AM
Danny, take the RSX, the more cars the better, and its only a short drive.

Did anyone go to Weston/7 hangout tonight. I was there with Rolled_Out and all of a sudden an eclipse, deckout exactly like Paul Walker's in F&F comes screaming down a parking lot lane, brakes too late and BOOM smashes his front skirt and complete right hand side suspension geometry on a curb. About 200 people at once go "oooooooooooohh", it was hilarious. Then he pulled over to the side, and the whole place went over to see what he had done to his car. I swear to God it was a scene from the Fast and the Furious!

I have a buddy with a 310 hp S4, he was wondering if it was alright to drop by. I know its an Audi, but its very fast, and would be an interesting contender in our drag racing evening fun.

Jon@Bimmersport
10-06-2002, 12:23 PM
LOL dammit i shud have gone!!! that would be hilarious.... guys, this is a bit off topic...but will the sports package help a 328 with a launch? or only applies to the handling?

Rolled_Out
10-06-2002, 01:14 PM
haha what a joker... there were like 2 or 3 cars that hit curbs that night...
i just don't understand this.. you put SO much time/ so much effort, so much $$$$ and dedication into your car, and then you speed like a bloody retard though a packed parking lot... what do you expect to prove?
ok, your car is fast.. that's nice...go to the track! if you just feel like pushing it, at least go somewhere that's not a f'n obstacle course and where theres no people around..... stupid stupid people

MP328
10-06-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
when you line up, you line up together in pairs, one guy takes the left and one takes the right... you can race whoever you want.....
i'am thinking if i should bring my car to race YOU MP328... i ran my car again agains the the 1.8T and beat him by even more than b4 and he was supposed to be running quicker coz he had an exhaust leak lol... and i beat a no turbo 300ZX whatever tho nothing crazy.. i want to run you, but on the other hand i dont wanna drive down there i'd rather hop in w/ my cousin or gladdo which i just might do

i would like to take an rsx eventhough i think that your car should be faster then mine.

i have a guy who works with me that has an jetta 1.8T he might come to. i have to talk to him on monday. his car is chipped and has a blowoff valve. and a chip on the vw turbos brings 45-55 hp. i raced him 2 or 3 weeks ago, but he couldn't launch he had too much wheelspin. so we went with a rolling start. from 20 km/h i kill him easily he stll had too much wheelspin. but from 50km/h we were dead even up to 170km/h and i had like 1/2 car lead. right were we were shifting from 2nd to 3rd i pulled ahead just that little bit.

but we can see if there is another rsx there and compare the times. the 1/4 mile 14.86 in my car works only if i get everything 100% right which i can't. most of the time i'm over 15sec

tlaselva
10-06-2002, 04:54 PM
I have a buddy with a 310 hp S4, he was wondering if it was alright to drop by. I know its an Audi, but its very fast, and would be an interesting contender in our drag racing evening fun.

He's more than welcome.
Would be an interesting race with my M3!

Hey GladdoM3, get in line! ;)

tlaselva
10-06-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
haha what a joker... there were like 2 or 3 cars that hit curbs that night...
i just don't understand this.. you put SO much time/ so much effort, so much $$$$ and dedication into your car, and then you speed like a bloody retard though a packed parking lot... what do you expect to prove?
ok, your car is fast.. that's nice...go to the track! if you just feel like pushing it, at least go somewhere that's not a f'n obstacle course and where theres no people around..... stupid stupid people

My sediment's exactly Rolled Out.

You see, if you go 40 kph in a parking lot, it feels like your going fast! Hey, look at me! I can squeel my tires in first gear! :rolleyes:

Most of them won't go to the track, say Cayuga, cuz they know there cars look fast, but are far from it. They know they’d go home with their tail between there legs with a 16 or 17 sec. slips. They're fragile litt'l ego's wouldn't be able to cope with that.

moerom
10-06-2002, 08:55 PM
Just curious, what speed at we going to be doing on the way there?

MP328
10-06-2002, 09:48 PM
Just curious, what speed at we going to be doing on the way there?

well it's a friday afternoon before a lnog weekend so i think the QEW is going to be very busy around 5;30pm when we take off. so there u can't drive fast even if u want to. but once we get to hamilton on the country roads which are longggggggg straights it should be very clear of traffic. but who knows if there are any cops around. whoever wants to lead on the country roads and is not affraid to get a ticket we follow him.

Jon@Bimmersport
10-06-2002, 10:38 PM
ahh guys dont count on my race...looks like it wont happen this time...but..if my cuzins engine goes in..u can count on a race with him!

M3_Styles
10-07-2002, 01:12 AM
I have a buddy with a 310 hp S4, he was wondering if it was alright to drop by. I know its an Audi, but its very fast, and would be an interesting contender in our drag racing evening fun. [/B][/QUOTE]

id love to c that s4 against an e46m3:eek:
id like to c him race anything that would b in his league but that would be a very exiting race!!
i hope he races it!!

bimmerpwr
10-07-2002, 08:32 PM
Hey guys, is the departure time still 5:30pm????

moerom
10-07-2002, 09:24 PM
I'm prepping the truck for Friday (I'm so uncontrollably excited).

It enjoyed a nice wash, wax, vacuum, and oil change (the latter not done by me).

The S4 doesn't look like its coming either...

Any M5's out there?

Jon@Bimmersport
10-07-2002, 09:49 PM
florin yea we're leavin at 5:30pm

guys, i was talkin to this dood jeffery at BMW of mississauga, he wanted to go to bimmercruize with an m5 he cud have borrowed from the dealer, im goin back sometime this week so ill invite him to bring an m5 or like somethin sick!

MP328
10-07-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by bimmerpwr
Hey guys, is the departure time still 5:30pm????

yeah since it'sa friday before long weekend so it will take a while o get through the traffic on the QEW.

there is a map on the beginning of the post if u wanna try come a bit later. we'll be there at cauyga then.

moerom
10-07-2002, 10:52 PM
Ok guys, big problem...

My dad needs me to accompany him to a function, and so I won't be able to cruise up. Now, since the function ends relatively early (9:00 to 10:00) I still am willing to make the drive to Cayuga, depending on whether or not you guys will still be there. My question is, how far is Niagara Falls from Cayuga?

moerom
10-08-2002, 12:55 AM
Also, what time does all the fun end?

SickFinga
10-08-2002, 01:26 AM
moerom, I smell chicken :D

j/k

I think I'm not going either. I totally forgot about the club that happening same night

Jon@Bimmersport
10-08-2002, 01:28 AM
moerom, I smell chicken :D

j/k

I think I'm not going either. I totally forgot about the club that happening same night

sickfinga...thats alrite, ill come there...pick up the car, drop u off...and go have some fun!!

SickFinga
10-08-2002, 01:31 AM

sickfinga...thats alrite, ill come there...pick up the car, drop u off...and go have some fun!!

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Gamite
10-08-2002, 02:56 AM
I have a question, the $10 spectator fee, is that per head or per car?

SickFinga
10-08-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Gamite
I have a question, the $10 spectator fee, is that per head or per car?

per head, hide some ppl in the trunk

ghette style

tlaselva
10-08-2002, 01:43 PM
Ok guys, big problem...

My dad needs me to accompany him to a function, and so I won't be able to cruise up. Now, since the function ends relatively early (9:00 to 10:00) I still am willing to make the drive to Cayuga, depending on whether or not you guys will still be there. My question is, how far is Niagara Falls from Cayuga?

:( *mumble* :( *mumble* :( *mumble* :(

Jon@Bimmersport
10-08-2002, 04:46 PM
if u want...pm most of us for our cell phone #'s...me, tlaselva and mp328 have the same providers and phone..so if 1 of ours wont work, none of ours will...so take saj328, and 1 of our #s down....its ok with me cuz i got unlimited time, if u guys have normal minutes im guessin u wont wanna waste em

moerom
10-08-2002, 08:41 PM
Tlaselva,

I swear if you guys will still be there at 11:00, I'll be there as well. I have to leave Niagara Falls (where to function is) and drive to Cayuga. When I found out I almost punched a wall, I was sooo pumped to run. Anyways, as soon as I get there I'll line up for tech and line up in the staging lanes...

Dan, I'll give u a call when im 10 mins away from there ok?

And no I'm not chickening out if any of you are thinking that ;-)

SickFinga
10-08-2002, 08:44 PM
hey I was just kidding

Rolled_Out
10-08-2002, 08:49 PM
Tlaselva,

I swear if you guys will still be there at 11:00, I'll be there as well. I have to leave Niagara Falls (where to function is) and drive to Cayuga. When I found out I almost punched a wall, I was sooo pumped to run. Anyways, as soon as I get there I'll line up for tech and line up in the staging lanes...

Dan, I'll give u a call when im 10 mins away from there ok?

And no I'm not chickening out if any of you are thinking that ;-)

Supercharge your way down the 401 when your finished. I have NO idea what time the track closes...I'll wait for you if jodan and tony wait for you, that's for sure.... try to pull out of the function a half hour at least beofre it ends, that timing may be critical...

M50E30
10-08-2002, 10:42 PM
Well the track wheels are on (crappy pic)! Now new rear shocks and i'm all set (kinda).

*th-up*

M50E30
10-08-2002, 10:43 PM
Closer pic of the wheel (still crappy pic).

*shiner*

M3_Styles
10-09-2002, 12:15 AM
hey m50e30...
wat kind of engine is an m50??

moerom
10-09-2002, 12:52 AM
Hey M50e30, does your lisence plate say 3M TA3 or something? Cause I saw an E30 exactly like yours in Markham tonight!

M50E30
10-09-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Chrome///m3
hey m50e30...
wat kind of engine is an m50??

It is a 1995 325is 2.5L engine.

*th-up*

M50E30
10-09-2002, 07:51 AM
Hey M50e30, does your lisence plate say 3M TA3 or something? Cause I saw an E30 exactly like yours in Markham tonight!

My plate is not even close to that...besides I live in Niagara Falls.

Gamite
10-09-2002, 07:23 PM

Was it totaly slammed? I saw one in markham that looked like dave's here, but his was crazy slammed, his camber was way off

moerom
10-09-2002, 09:28 PM
Yeah, Gamite, that was the one. Lol he was riding on the inside edges of his tires!

Autotechnica
10-10-2002, 06:14 PM
Hey, for Cayuga, do the timers work? If not I got a G-TECH off my friend we could use, exclusive to Maxbimmer members only :)

How many of you are going? I'm gonna be there for sure! Please some 320's, E30 325's, auto 325 E36's and 318's come! I want some competition.

Bryan

Jon@Bimmersport
10-10-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by MTRD
Hey, for Cayuga, do the timers work? If not I got a G-TECH off my friend we could use, exclusive to Maxbimmer members only :)

How many of you are going? I'm gonna be there for sure! Please some 320's, E30 325's, auto 325 E36's and 318's come! I want some competition.

Bryan

hey bryan...my cousin is comming...1.6L honda...im sure u'll beat it..since his is auto!! but we wanna see how fast it is 1/4mile.

i cant wait! im gonna invite some of these guys from my skool...suppossed to have hihg 13sec hondas...NA..with just bolt ons

WASABI
10-10-2002, 09:21 PM

Byran, Do you mean if they're (cayuga) accurate? I'd guess they are, but how accuate, I dunno. MP328 has the G-tech as well, if I remember, the G-Techs are accurate to +/- .1s.
He (MP328) said he ran a 14.86 with the G-Tech, so I'd say he'd probably run high 14s to low 15s at cayuga, I'm hoping to run low to mid 15s.:rolleyes:

I wish more people from max would come though.:huh?: :(

See ya guys tommorow at 5:00 pm at KK.*wave* *smoke*

Jon@Bimmersport
10-10-2002, 10:33 PM
i think my cuzin is planning on running high 18s...me, since i dont know how to launch with auto...maybe 30sec? lol!

MP328
10-11-2002, 12:23 AM
Bryan as fas as the "No Timing" sign as saj328 said it means only the boards are not on you get a time slip. and yeah i will use my g-tech to compare and see what the difference is.

Saj i hope i can do any high 14s. my left foot's been killing me the last few days. but i suck it up while driving hope i have no problems tomorrow.

Rolled_Out are u bringin the RSX or getting a ride with someone? btw is randy coming? if so bring the EGG!!!

to all that are coming Plz be there at 5:00pm we leave at 5;30pm.

there are 3 ways we can drive to get to the QEW.

1. go on the 403 and go to QEW straight
2. go on the 403 exit on Dundas St. go on Dundas to xxxx (saj328 knows that way

3. go on the 403 exit on the 407 (toll route) and go on the 407 till the end, and exit on the QEW. the cost for the 407 would be around $3 + $2 if u don't have a transponder.

i think the 403, 407, QEW would be the fastest way to get away from the traffic but i don't know if u guys would spend the extra 3 or 5 bucks to get there faster.

what do u guys think which way we should go 1,2 or 3???????

See ya tomorrow I CAN'T WAITTTTTTTTTTT *par-t* *par-t* *par-t* http://www.fadzter.com/smilies/buttrock.gif the maxbimmer crew http://www.fadzter.com/smilies/war.gif

WASABI
10-11-2002, 11:10 AM
Oh ... the "no timing", yeah there will time slips handed out.*th-up*
A bit cloudy, but no rain (crossing fingers), should be ok. Still debating whether I should take off the 18's and put the original 16"s on:rolleyes: ... or maybe bring a set of 16's for the back and find out if there is a difference.:huh?:

tlaselva
10-11-2002, 12:07 PM
Partner called in sick this morning. :rolleyes:

Going to have to stay late at work to cover, so I can't make the 5:30 meet. *mumble*

If I can get out early enough, I'll meet you all at Cayuga.

To my partner: :moon:

M50E30
10-11-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by saj328
Oh ... the "no timing", yeah there will time slips handed out.*th-up*
A bit cloudy, but no rain (crossing fingers), should be ok. Still debating whether I should take off the 18's and put the original 16"s on:rolleyes: ... or maybe bring a set of 16's for the back and find out if there is a difference.:huh?:

Bring 'em both! I'm sure that someone will spare the trunk space while you are on the track. Oh and me too! I have an extra set of wheels/tires in the trunk and when i'm on the track can I use someones trunk (who ever isn't going on the track) please?

Thanx,
Dave
*th-up*

M50E30
10-11-2002, 11:13 PM
Where the hell were all you LADIES tonight??? It was saj328, 328DTM, 328power, and myself @ KK. Those three guys went to Cayuga and I just went to empowerd's shop to bug him for abit. I know it is getting chilly out but lets see a better effort to show up to the meets.
*no-no* :confused: :( :huh?: *mumble*

My $0.02,
Dave

Autotechnica
10-12-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by M50E30
Where the hell were all you LADIES tonight??? It was saj328, 328DTM, 328power, and myself @ KK. Those three guys went to Cayuga and I just went to empowerd's shop to bug him for abit. I know it is getting chilly out but lets see a better effort to show up to the meets.

My $0.02,
Dave

The roads were quite wet tonight. A lot of people who were supposed to go with me didn't call me or anything so if I went it would have been a wasted effort anyways, added I don't know the way :p

Anyways, how was it? Did you guys have fun?

Bryan

M50E30
10-12-2002, 12:42 AM
The roads were quite wet tonight.

Wet?!?! What are u talkin' about Bryan? I drove up from Niagara Falls and they were bone dry! I didn't go since the turnout was...well ya know...*thmbsdwn*

MP328
10-12-2002, 01:35 AM

My $0.02,
Dave

well out of 10-15 that were supposed to show up it was only 5 that came and 4 of us that went down to cauyga.

btw Dave it was me (MP328) , saj328 and bimmerpwr that showed up at KK. 328dtm or 328power where not there. and we met e46_lover and his cuzin on the way down on the highway.

it was greatt :) lot's of fun bt even more waiting :( takes forever. but anyways me and saj were racing only we both got 5 runs in. can't wait for next year hehe i don't think we'll have the chance to go this year again.

To all of you that didn't show up http://216.40.241.68/contrib/sarge/Guillotine_anim.gifhttp://216.40.241.68/contrib/ruinkai/flipa.gifhttp://216.40.241.68/contrib/geno/321.gif

SickFinga
10-12-2002, 01:37 AM
So what's your times

MP328
10-12-2002, 01:53 AM
not that great. first run was the best one and then it kept going up and up and up.

1. 15,334sec @ 92.29mph
2. 15.490sec @ 91.47mph
3. 15,524sec @ 90.80mph (G-Tech said 15.04 sec ??? off by .5 sec)
4. 15,648sex @ 90.15mph (G-Tech said 15.35 sec ??? off by .3 sec)
5. 17.472sec @ 63.25mph (didn't turn off ASC and 3rd gear jumped out, after i shifted 2nd to 3rd)

SickFinga
10-12-2002, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by MP328

5. 17.472sec @ 63.25mph (didn't turn off ASC and 3rd gear jumped out, after i shifted 2nd to 3rd)

still can beat most civics :D

MP328
10-12-2002, 02:04 AM
heheh actualy that was the best race of the evening if i didn't mess it up. it was against a chevy truck that did a 15.6

btw i won all of my races except that truck on the last run i was ahead untill my 3rd gear jumped out.

1. vs a old camaro i think he did a 15.7
2. vs saj328 he did a 17.7 but he messed up on the start and kept spinning his wheels
3. vs a VW GTI (Gen II) he did a 16.5
4. vs a Dodge Ram 1600 pick up truck he did a 19.8 (whyyyy do u race a truck like that. after i got back in line i got right beside th guy and his buddies where all around him and giving him tips how to launch and how to shift. i laughed my a$$ off on the side hehehe)

and 5. vs that chevy truck where he won cuz i messed up 15.6

Slowered318
10-12-2002, 04:28 AM
Well it's good that some people had the balls to go tonight (328 guys *th-up* ) and E46 lover! what was your best time anyway?

It was a little slippery but with warm tires.. hookin up wasn't too hard. These Falken Azenis tires are amazing I had to launch at 4,500 rpm because at 3,000 they would just grip and boog my engine.

Anyways I did consistant low 17 with one 20 but that's because I missed third and just gave up. I did a 16.6 last year with a different exhaust and a chip so i'm gonna have to work on that this winter.. get her back down to the 16's ---> damn 4 banger! Goes to prove my car is "Slowered" hahah

Good to see maxbimmer at the track, fun night, lots of laughs, hope no one had any car troubles.

Last run I went against my Dad in his 427 Chevelle! I was right beside him for 200 ft. then he smoked me with a 13.25 at 109 mph :) oh well i have half the cylinders and about a quarter the desplacement ....so what can ya do right?

BTW Did anyone see the Mustang hit the rail OOOUUUUCHHHH!!! it was her boyfriends car too.. *mumble*

moerom
10-12-2002, 05:33 AM
Hey guys, I'm so sorry I couldn't make it out. The dinner thingy finished at like 11:00 and it was raining, so I said **** it!

Next weekend, I'll go up, I just want a peice of that M3 ( :-) )

DaveM3
10-12-2002, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by MP328

well out of 10-15 that were supposed to show up it was only 5 that came and 4 of us that went down to cauyga.

btw Dave it was me (MP328) , saj328 and bimmerpwr that showed up at KK. 328dtm or 328power where not there. and we met e46_lover and his cuzin on the way down on the highway.

it was greatt :) lot's of fun bt even more waiting :( takes forever. but anyways me and saj were racing only we both got 5 runs in. can't wait for next year hehe i don't think we'll have the chance to go this year again.

To all of you that didn't show up http://216.40.241.68/contrib/sarge/Guillotine_anim.gifhttp://216.40.241.68/contrib/ruinkai/flipa.gifhttp://216.40.241.68/contrib/geno/321.gif

Hey!! I was there too!!! :D :D

Oh and Jordan was there too :)

Vids coming up soon ;)

Stay tuned...

WASABI
10-12-2002, 12:12 PM
Where the hell were all you LADIES tonight???
My $0.02,
Dave

Yeah ... wut happened to the rest?*thmbsdwn*

It was perfect weather, thought it was gonna rain for sure when we got there, but it cleared out. Good to see GladdoM3 and GimpZ3(w/ civic though) later on in the evening though*th-up*

BTW>Dave, 328DTM and 328POWER were not there at KK.:D

It was funny getting smoked by a couple CRXs :rolleyes:.

Results:
1 15.62 vs crx 14.96
2 17.78 vs mp328 15.49 :mad: damn traction
3 15.51 vs firebird 16.74 i dunno
4 15.68 vs crx 14.95 damn these little suckers
5 15.55 vs camaro 14.55 this one sounded wicked

I was consistent ... in driving like a gramma!:rolleyes:

I couldn't launch the car, the one where I raced MP328, I dropped the clutch at 2500rpm, and my tires just kept spinning. I found a happy medium later on around 1500rpm, but I was still disappointed because the car was running well.

I had a blast guys.*th-up*
We'll definitely have to go again.*wave*

Autotechnica
10-12-2002, 12:16 PM
Honestly? I thought it was on Saturday! hahaha :rolleyes:

Bryan

mkgino
10-12-2002, 01:05 PM
:(

moerom
10-12-2002, 01:08 PM
Guys, how does next Friday sound?

MP328
10-12-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by DaveM3

Hey!! I was there too!!! :D :D

Oh and Jordan was there too :)

Vids coming up soon ;)

Stay tuned...

i know you were there but you didn't have your car so it doesn't count *wave* . i also forgot that slowered318 was there as well

u had a camera on you??? my dad bought some cheap fooking batterys and i put them in mine and they went dead in a week so i only have the 2 pictures in front of subway but those are blurry as well :(

Jordan was there with the M3??? no one told me that

Slowered318
10-12-2002, 01:52 PM
Yeah sorry i didn't come up to KK I went down with my friend in his white SAAB 9000 turbo (blown head gasket on the way home) and my Dad in his black 67 chevelle.

Jon@Bimmersport
10-12-2002, 03:19 PM
haha thats ur friends saab??/ i remember he lined up against a volvo...how did he do?? the craziest cars were that white SS and the black camaro! those both hit low 11s...we gotta do this again...and if ur comming, plz bring ur car..ahem DAVEM3 ahem

DaveM3
10-12-2002, 03:26 PM
haha thats ur friends saab??/ i remember he lined up against a volvo...how did he do?? the craziest cars were that white SS and the black camaro! those both hit low 11s...we gotta do this again...and if ur comming, plz bring ur car..ahem DAVEM3 ahem

I'll bring mine if you bring yours
AHEM :D

moerom
10-12-2002, 03:34 PM
Lets all go next Friday, or this Sunday!

Jon@Bimmersport
10-12-2002, 04:01 PM
i say next friday!

and davem3...do u really want to run ur 14sec m3 against my 3sec bike? hehehe

MP328
10-12-2002, 04:21 PM
Lets all go next Friday, or this Sunday!

I'm back on afternoon shift the next two weeks and gotta work fridays till 10:40 so i can earliest in 2 weeks.

Mr seville
10-12-2002, 04:50 PM
any pics???:huh?:

DaveM3
10-12-2002, 05:16 PM
i say next friday!

HELL YEA!! :D :D
Bring it on... *uzi*

M50E30
10-12-2002, 05:24 PM

It takes you about 3 minutes to get on the bike 'cause you are soo small GRASSHOPPER! LOL!
:D

Jon@Bimmersport
10-12-2002, 05:35 PM

It takes you about 3 minutes to get on the bike 'cause you are soo small GRASSHOPPER! LOL!
:D

lol thats jus bout the same it takes for ur POS car to start up!! lol jks

DaveM3
10-12-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Mr 318ti
any pics???:huh?:

Got something better
Video Clips :)

Hit me! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6254)

M3_Styles
10-12-2002, 07:36 PM
cayuga was sik!!!!
i only saw a few of u guys there
some ppl bailed huh!?!?!

ne one know wat gladdos time was??

Jon@Bimmersport
10-12-2002, 07:38 PM
gladdo ran 14.17..that was his best..the first run wasnt so good cuz his tires werent warmed up or something i guess....wat car where u in?

M3_Styles
10-12-2002, 09:10 PM
i went w/my buddy in his integra
but we didnt run it
we just watched
e46 lover, wat car did u run in?

Jon@Bimmersport
10-13-2002, 12:34 AM
i am only 15..i wish i got to run a car! i was with the guys from max most of the time...white integra? 1990 or 91 right?

Slowered318
10-13-2002, 03:26 AM
Don't make fun of the SAAB.. it ran 15.4 so he would have beat most of you guys.. next time it'll be even faster maybe some NOS who knows. (that's if it makes it to the track :D )

M3_Styles
10-14-2002, 04:43 AM
naw its a grey integra
but it is 91