PDA

View Full Version : I Broke My Car.... :(

Meegis
09-25-2005, 11:35 PM
So I went up to Barrie last night for an evening and planned on coming home for dinner tonight. Let's just say I never made it.

So, I'm leaving Barrie and I'm making a left turn onto the onramp to get on the 400S. The roads were pretty slick due to rain, and my ass end fishtailed to the right. So I try to correct it but end up hitting the curb on the right hand side. Bounce up and here a BANG! So I try to pull to the left to get off the island. I guess due to the damage myt car pulled hard to the left and I went flying over to the other curb (The other side full of cars exiting the highway and waiting at a red light). I hit the curb on the left but reacted quick enough to not go flying into another car, or possibly multiple.

So, in the end, I called for a tow truck and had it towed from Barrie down to my mechanic where it now sits nose slanted almost into the ground.

The damage I can see is apparent but hopefully not bad. Looking at the car, you can tell the wheel is pushed back and on a slight angle. After jacking it up and inspecting it closer, I find my shock is bent just above the fork. It also looked like my sway bar hit my lower control arm, but just scratched the metal. Nothing else looks out of place (except my 4 wheels that need to be refinished) and I hope there are no surprises when it goes up on the hoist tomorrow.

paul christians
09-25-2005, 11:38 PM
O.M.G!!!!!!!!! dude why you do that man???

Axxe
09-25-2005, 11:47 PM
I thought quattro made you invinceable? Driver error, happens once to everyone. FYI, when your ass fishtails, DON'T LIFT THROTTLE, keep your fit planted and focus on steering, letting go of the gas will **** you up more than keeping it down. Good luck with the repairs.

Meegis
09-26-2005, 12:02 AM
I thought quattro made you invinceable? Driver error, happens once to everyone. FYI, when your ass fishtails, DON'T LIFT THROTTLE, keep your fit planted and focus on steering, letting go of the gas will **** you up more than keeping it down. Good luck with the repairs.

I kept the throttle steady for the initial impact because I know that. I had to hit the brakes on the second curb. I would have smashed a lineup of cars.

fukenricen
09-26-2005, 12:26 AM
just think it could have been worse,hopefully it stays at just that damage once you put it up on the hoist

M3ti Compact
09-26-2005, 12:38 AM

You can lift throttle, better yet hit the clutch. The big no no is touching the brakes or shifting.

SpoolinS6
09-26-2005, 12:41 AM
poor audi i hope its not hurt :(

Meegis
09-26-2005, 12:42 AM
You can lift throttle, better yet hit the clutch. The big no no is touching the brakes or shifting.

I tried to clutch, but upon impact my foot (as well as my body) went flying. It stalled out. :(

I always where a seat belt, and Im glad I do. I hit my knee pretty hard, and scraped my elbow on my door.

SpoolinS6
09-26-2005, 12:43 AM
any body damage suspention damage?

Manimillion
09-26-2005, 01:02 AM
Are you hurt? Thats all that should matter.

Meegis
09-26-2005, 01:08 AM
any body damage suspention damage?

All 4 wheels are mangled. I hope its just bad ass rash and there are no bends. My shock is bent, and my lower control arm is scratched. Anything else I couldnt see. Although lots of stuff looked pretty stable (i.e. my springs were perfect and my wires and stuff were all intact).

Meegis
09-26-2005, 01:09 AM
Are you hurt? Thats all that should matter.

Nothing major. I bruised my elbow and banged my knee. My elbow isnt bugging me, but my knee is still feeling awkward. I hope it doesnt swell over night.

Thanks for the concern.

SpoolinS6
09-26-2005, 01:09 AM
your not hurt are you ?
cars are replacable dont worry

E30 Girl
09-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Don't worry Josh cars can be fixed but people can't so thank your lucky stars your ok!! :)

thinair
09-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Which on ramp??

Jon@Bimmersport
09-26-2005, 12:42 PM
hope your car's alrite....

so...if i was to encounter the same problem...brakes would be the LAST thing i should do? so say i let off the throttle a bit too much...and im already facing the opposite way waht would be the best thing to do?

Meegis
09-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Which on ramp??

Essa to 400 s/b

I was making the left turn and lost it exiting the intersection. Ive made that turn 1-3 times weekly for the past year in rain, snow, dry etc. I dont know what happened differently this time.

Hound
09-26-2005, 12:54 PM
who knows what was different this time but im glad to hear your ok thats what matters and hope that your car will be alright.

RevShoT
09-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Don't worry Josh cars can be fixed but people can't so thank your lucky stars your ok!! :)

im pretty sure they can be fixed! my leg is bionic! im pretty sure the sugron was also a weekend mechanic lol

thinair
09-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Essa to 400 s/b

I was making the left turn and lost it exiting the intersection. Ive made that turn 1-3 times weekly for the past year in rain, snow, dry etc. I dont know what happened differently this time.

Ah, that onramp has claimed many. It's a reducing radius ramp, sure is fun to drift though. So far I've seen a Chevy Tracker and a Barrie Taxi fly into the grass on that ramp.

Darkness95m3
09-26-2005, 05:22 PM
Sorry to hear that.
Hopefully everything will turn out fine.

Meegis
09-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Ah, that onramp has claimed many. It's a reducing radius ramp, sure is fun to drift though. So far I've seen a Chevy Tracker and a Barrie Taxi fly into the grass on that ramp.

Ya, I know the ramp is famous, but its famous at the top bend. I went out right at the intersection. My car ended up next to the merge.

grievous
09-26-2005, 06:10 PM
sorry to hear that man, hopefully there's no extensive damage

qwk325
09-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Josh , as long as your ok dont worry the car is fixable if you need a hand let me know .

oafguy
09-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Josh,

Glad you are ok. Now lets talk Audi's! I have one at home that will be perfect for you! hmmm lets start dealing! :cool:

lor
09-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Josh I am glad your okay,

But now the car will be a right off and you can take advantage of the insurance money and buy a new car, maybe say... a Civic........sorry couldn't resist.

You will think of finding a booty call closer than Barrie next time babe.

Glad your okay and hope the car isn't too badly damaged

Waterwings
09-27-2005, 12:21 PM
LOL got Busted on a booty call Josh, tisk tisk. Or was it school related. I sure hope not

Meegis
09-27-2005, 02:57 PM
No insurance involvement. Too much shit happening lately.

It's going to cost more than I have.

I may not be around for a few days. :(

oafguy
09-27-2005, 06:47 PM
No insurance involvement. Too much shit happening lately.

It's going to cost more than I have.

I may not be around for a few days. :(

What are you going to do? hit up a bank? i'll call 222-TIPS and turn you a$$ in and get the reward money. Then buy your car from the wrecking yard and use it as a crash up derby car! *wiggle*

Hound
09-27-2005, 07:19 PM
What are you going to do? hit up a bank? i'll call 222-TIPS and turn you a$$ in and get the reward money. Then buy your car from the wrecking yard and use it as a crash up derby car! *wiggle*

hahah thats a great idea lol let's see how much that thing will take and find out if quattro is really all it's said to be mwhahahaha

Meegis
09-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Guys, Im usually all in it for the jokes and I know your obviously not trying to be offensive in any way. I'm just not in the best of moods.

Sorry to kill your fun...

Meegis
09-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Pictures.... :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Meegis/IMG_1584.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Meegis/IMG_1585.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Meegis/IMG_1586.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Meegis/IMG_1587.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Meegis/IMG_1588.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Meegis/IMG_1589.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Meegis/IMG_1590.jpg

Meegis
09-29-2005, 04:26 PM
And now the list of crap to replace....

***This is all in the front end, so if I use the word rear, it means in the rear of the shock assembly.***

-Right rear upper control arm
-Right front upper control arm
-Right front steering knuckle
-Right front wheel hub
-Right front bearing
-Right front shock
-Right front curve control arm
-Right front stright (bad hand writing, not sure what it is)
-Sway bar
-Right front sway link

Waterwings
09-29-2005, 04:50 PM
damn dude , that sucks, whats the bill on the parts?

Meegis
09-29-2005, 05:46 PM
No prices yet....waiting for lists to come back

BMWF1
09-29-2005, 09:24 PM
throw it out and get a new one

Axxe
09-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Damn, you were going waaaaay to fast for that much damage to occur. I had much less damage after a curb incident at 80kph. Either that or audi is butter soft.

Meegis
09-29-2005, 09:47 PM
It's soft. Aluminum bends.

I'm not stupid enough to try pulling a turn at high speeds after the rain. Especially one that I have so much experience with.

I wasn't going much faster than mid 40's - 50ish. That turn is way too sharp for me to even think of it.

SickFinga
09-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Damn, you were going waaaaay to fast for that much damage to occur. I had much less damage after a curb incident at 80kph. Either that or audi is butter soft.

You prolly just drove over the curb, his damage looks like he hit the curb with the sideways.

Meegis
09-29-2005, 10:04 PM
You prolly just drove over the curb, his damage looks like he hit the curb with the sideways.

I did, hopped the curb on the right.

All I hope is that when my car goes all back together that my subframe isn't damaged. :(

Oh, and one more thing added to the list. Drive shaft... *mumble*

SpoolinS6
09-29-2005, 11:14 PM
can i have a bent rim to put up on my wall ??
if ur ganna throw them out minus well :( :P

Meegis
09-30-2005, 12:45 AM
can i have a bent rim to put up on my wall ??
if ur ganna throw them out minus well :( :P

I dont think im tossing them.

I might sell them as is though. I'm going to see if they can be fixed. If not, then I am open to offers. I need just about all the money I can get right now.