PDA

View Full Version : Fill up Now people! in few days 2$/l?

AMG_POWER
09-22-2005, 12:38 PM
I heard because of Rita huricane, petrol prices are gonna hit as high as 2$/l!!! :mad:

Oyster
09-22-2005, 12:40 PM
ya all the oil company gouging little retailers. *uzi*

Manimillion
09-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Time to buy a big tank, and fill it up.

Waterwings
09-22-2005, 01:35 PM
its not gouging its because the biggest oil line in the U.S.A. runs through texas and they are gonna shut it down so it doesn't surface and break and spill everywhere. thats why gas prices will go up. Lack of supply, high demand, price goes up. Getting rid of high gas tax would help though

app
09-22-2005, 03:47 PM
in stratford ontario this morning it went to 2.20/L. Heard people calling in on the radio.

Its still 102 here, but I've got 3/4 tank left.

Eurostyle
09-22-2005, 03:54 PM
I think its time to look into a TDI swap!

jeremy
09-22-2005, 03:54 PM
topped up the tank.. 110.00/L, 89 octane...

i heard it is at 2.10/L in barrie right now.

EMPOWERD
09-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Look who's got the last laugh now?!!! I drive 500km on $15 diesel. I love my smart car.

grievous
09-22-2005, 05:03 PM
i thought the last gas price spike was rediculous, now this. thanks for the heads up.

BMWF1
09-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Ontario is fuking stupid, the guv really needs to fix this, i went to michigan today and not one person raised a single price,,,,,,why because they have anti-gouging laws, which means that cant do this shit, i ain't tanking up until i'm on E

AMG_POWER
09-22-2005, 05:30 PM
I just filled up 1.15 and heard horror stories on radio that in wasaga its 2.40 and somwhere north its 3$+ WTF!

Sickbimmer
09-22-2005, 06:13 PM
F@$& that I'm not sitting in line on Hwy 7 for 20min regardless of the price :moon:

If you can afford to buy the car, then filling it up at a shitty $2 bucks a litre is somthing you got to do.

It does suck though *thmbsdwn*

e36chick
09-22-2005, 06:17 PM
^^ 100% agreed. you cant buy a 6cyl or 8cyl in today's day and then complain about gas prices...4 cyl owners are different bc they are actually looking to save on gas.

Gianpaolo_E46
09-22-2005, 06:44 PM
its still 104 near me

Supershyguy
09-22-2005, 06:47 PM
one person made a mistake for all this to happen actually...

here is the news link

http://www.pulse24.com/Business/Top_Story/20050922-002/page.asp

King Luis
09-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Look who's got the last laugh now?!!! I drive 500km on $15 diesel. I love my smart car.
:D:D:D i knew that was coming....hahahaahhah
i only drive 20km a day

Timbaland
09-22-2005, 06:59 PM
I just filled up at 1.10 for 89. Crazy lineups, and stupid idiots who don't even know what side of the car the tank is on. Drives me insane!

Bob Loblaw
09-22-2005, 07:08 PM
It's $1.75/L here. Yeah, $1.75. The last place at $1.09 has a huge line of cars waiting in line.

Filled up yesterday at $1.04 for the daily driver. $1.13 for 91 in the E30.

What's that I'm hearing? Oh yeah, it's the economy crashing.

SebSter
09-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Its about time for the government to do something about this shit.

Logically, even IF the hurricane damage causes crude oil or even the price of refined gas to rise that high, shouldnt those effects be felt when the gas stations actually have to load their reserves with THAT fuel?? The fuel the gas stations have in their reserves now they bought when the price was stable. I dont understand how the **** they are allowed to raise the prices so drastically and with no warning.

Come one Paul Martin you lazy bastard, do something!

Waterwings
09-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Read My Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waterwings
09-22-2005, 07:16 PM
i mean previous post

M3ti Compact
09-22-2005, 07:20 PM
I just filled up at 1.10 for 89. Crazy lineups, and stupid idiots who don't even know what side of the car the tank is on. Drives me insane!

When there are huge lines, I go for the one that is the shortest, I don't care what side the pump is on. I can still pump with the filler on the other side without having to turn around like some idiots do, which screws up the line and usually takes like 5 minutes for them to 200 point turn their car.

Jim .E.
09-22-2005, 07:44 PM
103.9 at every gas station in brampton right now

^^ 100% agreed. you cant buy a 6cyl or 8cyl in today's day and then complain about gas prices...4 cyl owners are different bc they are actually looking to save on gas.

no argument there...had half a tank and it still cost me $28 to fill it up...sometimes i wish i could sell my 2.2 4cyl and get a 1.8 4cyl

paul christians
09-22-2005, 07:55 PM
just spent 1.30 hours in line for gas, what is the world coming to..1.03.9........

King Luis
09-22-2005, 08:45 PM
What's that I'm hearing? Oh yeah, it's the economy crashing.
i thought i heard rumbling too:D
i was actually thinking about dropping in a motor from a 318...but thats not going to happen....if gas prices stay like this or go higher i'll just be making my car look good and handling well instead of having good power.

northern_bmw
09-22-2005, 10:06 PM
there are some places up here in the north that are over $2/litre right now

Antz_Marchin
09-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Read My Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your post isn't entirely true. Yes they are going to shut things down in Texas for one damn day or so to prevent damage but that doesn't justify these prices. Most of those big refineries have a 4-6 week surplus of gas crude to work on meaning that if they weren't gouging, we shoudn't even notice the shut down in the price. Even so, they would still be making a mint at $1 during the storm. When the price should go up, we feel the effect that day but when it shoudl go down, we feel it in 4-6 weeks due to the "more expensivley produced gas" still being in the reserve. Check the paper....if they were in trouble right now and trying to hold on during the storm, they wouldn't be making $8-10 weekly stock profits.

This is nothing more than an exercise in fear where they will make people thankful when the gas settles in at $0.9X as opposed to these insane prices. We should all also thank that Mulroney prick for deleting the border between us and the US when it comes to our Alberta supply. That would be plenty for Canada during hurricane season. Dammit....now I need a drink :mad:

SpoolinS6
09-22-2005, 11:42 PM
its time for the gas companys and oil suppliers to go **** themselves thats what i think

myndgone
09-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Dammit....now I need a drink :mad:

amen to that...

its time for the gas companys and oil suppliers to go **** themselves thats what i think

...and THAT!!!! :D

thinair
09-23-2005, 12:24 AM
That $2.10/L in Barrie was BS, anyone can call a radio station and say whatever they want.
.....Yeah, it was $5.67/L for regular here in Bradford, 94 was $25.78/L, I paid $1675.70 to fill up my car.

(in case no one noticed, I'm being sarcastic)

Justin e36
09-23-2005, 12:37 AM
.....Yeah, it was $5.67/L for regular here in Bradford, 94 was $25.78/L, I paid $1675.70 to fill up my car.

holy crap.. you spent over $1600 on a tank of gas!!!
:D

Justin e36
09-23-2005, 12:43 AM
You're not serious are you???

As Supershyguy posted above, this is all a RUMOUR that spun out of control... gas stations are actually hiking up prices now, and the more you line up for gas, the worse the panic will get. Here's the link: http://www.pulse24.com/Business/Top_Story/20050922-002/page.asp

Prices will go up a bit.. but not to $2/L unless you make it happen.

By the way, gas is till 96.8 at the Shell station at Vic Park & Finch.
Also, gas is 149.9 at the Shell at Derry & Hurontario.

WhadUpp
09-23-2005, 12:53 AM
I could of swore Ive seen that link somewhere here before

It will go up especially in the morning hours when everyone's going to work.

Best time to get gas is right after midnight on a Wednesday

StikiGreenZ
09-23-2005, 12:58 AM
Gas never went past 1.80 in Ontario, those were just rumours. Only a few spots in Barrie and Chatham hit 1.76 or something.

At least the gov't. could reduce the gas tax temporarily to help out motorists during the hurricane season, ah well, we dont have a big enough lobby group i suppose..

daytona
09-23-2005, 01:16 AM

hahhah,,I was at Jane/Finch area and these fricking white homeboys was trying to act cool by washing the windows with the station squeege while there was a huge line up behind them...a white AMG SUV pulled up three cars behind and these huge brothers got out and "politely" ask them to F OFF the pumps...the car waiting behind the homies clapped his approval...what a day.. *par-t* those homies took off faster than Flash Gordon.

By the way the Canadian goverment is raking in extra 11 million dollars a day on the taxes alone because of the higher fuel cost,plus with the Canadian dollar getting so strong the cost of "buying" back our fuel that we sent to the USA is getting cheaper,just say the fuel companies will show a very impressive profit at the next quarterly reports.

ChrisTO
09-23-2005, 08:08 AM
people are idiots...crude prices actually went down yesterday!!!! this is completely stock market mentality of dumb ass people penting up unnecessary demand.

gas prices are not rising from the oil companies, the retailers are taking advantage of the demand from people lining up.

if people stop lining up they have no choice but to reduce the gas prices back down to what it should be.

it's a free market and if i was a retailer I'd take advantage of this as well.

and let's think about it, the hurricane hasn't hit land yet!

qimis
09-23-2005, 09:01 AM

i think we need a maXsmart group buy now ...

paul christians
09-23-2005, 09:14 AM
dude yor are my HERO...hehehe.... :confused:

King Luis
09-23-2005, 09:42 AM
At least the gov't. could reduce the gas tax temporarily to help out motorists during the hurricane season, ah well, we dont have a big enough lobby group i suppose..
if the government reduced the tax, would you think the oil companies would reduce the price for more then a day? hell no.....i rather have the government make money to fix this country then the oil companies make billions for their own wealth.
the taxes aren't the problem. those never changed. (that i know of).
its the oil tycoons that want to make more...they made something like 570% PROFIT so far this year....and profit is whats going into their pockets.

SpoolinS6
09-23-2005, 10:14 AM
That $2.10/L in Barrie was BS, anyone can call a radio station and say whatever they want.

(in case no one noticed, I'm being sarcastic)

BUWHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D :D :D :D :D :D U ROCK !! hahahahahahahahahha :D

e36chick
09-23-2005, 10:57 AM
i filled up this morning at 104.4....NO LINE....and morons were panicking blocking all of mcCowan rd (and every other road imsure) for the SAME price last night. of course they're going to gouge if people start acting like the sky is falling.

JazzM
09-23-2005, 11:53 AM
The government is NOT going to reduce the gas tax as it is a huge cash cow for them. Even more so if the price goes up since they make a per centage of that price! Just like GST, the gas tax was supposed to be temporary. But once the governments starts to get money for something they won't let go.

T.

Antz_Marchin
09-23-2005, 02:40 PM

I love it.....Been saying that one for 2 years now..... *uzi*

Waterwings
09-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Your post isn't entirely true. Yes they are going to shut things down in Texas for one damn day or so to prevent damage but that doesn't justify these prices. Most of those big refineries have a 4-6 week surplus of gas crude to work on meaning that if they weren't gouging, we shoudn't even notice the shut down in the price. Even so, they would still be making a mint at $1 during the storm. When the price should go up, we feel the effect that day but when it shoudl go down, we feel it in 4-6 weeks due to the "more expensivley produced gas" still being in the reserve. Check the paper....if they were in trouble right now and trying to hold on during the storm, they wouldn't be making $8-10 weekly stock profits.

This is nothing more than an exercise in fear where they will make people thankful when the gas settles in at $0.9X as opposed to these insane prices. We should all also thank that Mulroney prick for deleting the border between us and the US when it comes to our Alberta supply. That would be plenty for Canada during hurricane season. Dammit....now I need a drink :mad:

It takes a full day to shut down the refineries and another 2 to start them back up. Its not as simple as flipping a switch. The oil companies shut down the planets on expectations, and that is also how the prices work. So they won't start any of the refineries back up until all the flooding is done with, and they are positive there is no danger hence the 2-3 week delay in price dropping. Sure they have back up oil supplies but what good are they when the refinery is shut down. You can't put crued oil in your gas tank.