PDA

View Full Version : BAVARIAN AUTOSPORT SHOW & SHINE - SUNDAY OCT. 2, 2005

bimmerpwr
09-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Are any maXbimmer members planning on going to the Bavarian Autosport show and shine in Portsmouth NH in October? Has anyone been before? Is it worth the drive??

www.bavauto.com

*th-up* *th-up*

chromius
09-12-2005, 10:44 PM
there are a few of us going from Ottawa, and Montreal. If any of you Toronto guys end up going we should plan to meet up.

bmdoubleya
09-12-2005, 11:00 PM
I've been twice and it's worth the drive..

///Maluco
09-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Ted Kalman with his E28 M535i *mw* beauty along with Sia's sweet Alpina B11 *mw* are planning on heading down Saturday morning. There may be some others joining them too.
Ted drove down last year and he says its great. *th-up*
Maybe you guys from Ottawa can meet in TO and drive down together? *wiggle*

bmdoubleya
09-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Ted Kalman with his E28 M535i *mw* beauty along with Sia's sweet Alpina B11 *mw* are planning on heading down Saturday morning. There may be some others joining them too.
Ted drove down last year and he says its great. *th-up*
Maybe you guys from Ottawa can meet in TO and drive down together? *wiggle*

Thats to big a detour. *sad*

paul christians
09-13-2005, 02:42 AM
I would love to come with you guys and girls but my is not ready....how much would it cost to go for this anyway????

bmdoubleya
09-13-2005, 12:11 PM
I would love to come with you guys and girls but my is not ready....how much would it cost to go for this anyway????

Last time I went 6 of stayed in one room $80 US. + plus gas, food and ofcourse alcohol the night before.

And however much you want to spend at bavauto.. So at least $200. for the trip.

Hound
09-13-2005, 09:28 PM
im going down with ted, sia and eddie, the hotel is gonna be 120us per night for 2 nights. ted and them are leaving around 4am from his place and i am meeting them in st. cathrines. you should come down with us paul if you can. also anyone else who is interested should email ted for more info on when and where to meet him for the way down. im not sure if he would want me to post his email so if anyone is interested in more info please pm me and i will make sure to pass along his email. ya never know who might get a hold of the email and would hate to be the one responsible for a spam attack. thanks and maybe i will see some of you there. cheers

bimmerpwr
09-13-2005, 09:43 PM
We should definetely meet up and drive down together, it'll be a lot more interesting...

Ted in T.O.
09-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey Maxbimmer guys and gals.We are leaving my place in SW Mississauga at 4am sharp.Hooking up with Sean at the Timmy's and Sunoco gas bar on the QEW at 430 to 445am off the Ontario Street cutoff.Then on to the duty free shop for goodies.Across the boarder by 6am and then onto Portsmouth NH by 3pm,check into the Comfort Inn on 1390 Lafayette drive in Portsmout NH.This hotel is 2 minutes from the meet and close to all ammenities.We then get the cars washed,back to the hotel to freshen up and beer and then out to dinner or whatever.Its a 9 hour drive there with all the stops.PM me if you are interested in joining the caravan to the meet.Book your rooms early.We are meeting up with the Ottawa Maxbimmer group there on Saturday for dinner.There is a link provided for the hotels in the area.http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Portsmouth+NH+hotels&meta=
Confirmed: Ted 86 M535i
Sia Alpina B11
Sean 2005 E60

Ted in T.O.
09-13-2005, 10:54 PM
If the link does not work do a Google search for hotels in Portsmouth New Hampshire and take your pick.If you have a CAA card you get an extra 10 % discount.I paid $116 Us per night for 2 Nights for the Comfort Inn.Cheers Ted

bimmerpwr
09-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Anyone else interested in going??

paul christians
09-17-2005, 10:11 PM
I will try to come with you guys, if can roll with someone???

bmdoubleya
09-20-2005, 12:57 AM
What highways will you be taking from toronto to NH.??

I think we will leave from ottawa and get over to the I89 past montreal.

Hound
09-20-2005, 01:21 AM
hey paul you can roll with me man if you'd like to come with. ill talk to you this friday about it.

cheers

Ted in T.O.
09-20-2005, 06:53 PM
We are taking the New York State Thruway to Albany and then south on I 87 to the Massachusetts Turnpike I 90 heading east to 495 north to connect up with 95 north on into Portsmouth,NH.According to Mapquest it is a 6 hour drive to Albany and from there in it is another 5 hours to Portsmouth.It would be better if we contacted each other at the hotels as soon as we get there.I have no clue what time we would get there.Mapquest says 6.6 hours to the sevice centre but that does not include other stops as well.See you there. Ted,Sia,Sean and Mark.

bmdoubleya
09-20-2005, 11:19 PM
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&location=wY6R%2f3ukRhdIW%2f6RpQIzoYQ3ToX3SEUNF7xWv hPaeriZCcLb5lSbN9SyJoZMPmf%2fGSx7AXLjw3ZqUlTt8V%2b kO71D8NarCfD6JFDTygNUFUM%3d

bmdoubleya
09-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Wouldn't the 401 to montreal be quicker.?

How long does it take to get to montreal from T.O?

We're thinking of going from ottawa to montreal the cut over to the 93 which goes down to highway 4 right to portsmouth.

Ted in T.O.
09-21-2005, 08:44 AM
Heading up to Montreal is adding time to our trip.I did this once going down to New Jersey.Went across at Gananoque and headed south from there.It added 2 extra hours to the trip because i went northwest and then south.Mapquest say 5 hours and 7 minutes from Montreal to Portsmouth.We'll meet you there Saturday. Ted

bimmerpwr
09-24-2005, 08:51 PM
I'm in, hey Ted is the meeting time and place still the same?? Timmy's & Sunoco gas bar at the Ontario St. exit on the QEW at around 4:30 - 4:45am Saturday morning??

Hound
09-25-2005, 08:15 AM
yes sir that would be the place. maybe i will see you on the road, i plan to leave around 3:30ish not sure how long it'll take for me to get there and seeing as though there will be little if no traffic you and i may be some of the only ones on the road. what kind of car do you got? I will be in the new 5 series 530i with 18's titanium silver on black and no tint. lemme know what your driving and i will keep an eye out. either that or if you'd like to cruise there together you can drop by my place say around 3:30-3:45 and we can head out together up to you if your interested. i am at 281 Wilson St. W.

there is a light by the road and a black iron fence on either side of the driveway and xenon like lights on the house itself. black acura tl plate RSX TYPS and the bimmer in the driveway. if you do want to meet, not sure which way you would take but i am just east of the wilson st. exit on the 403 and a block and a half from the fire hall, which is at the traffic circle, on the same side as the fire hall.

sorry for the long post, glad that another bimmer is joining the group and look forward to meeting you. I'm Sean by the way.

Cheers

P.S have you booked your room yet, if not be sure to do that. the cheapest i found was on the comfort inn site on there you can acctually get the same rate as for 50+ and caa/aaa members, with the "internet user" deal when you go to book. just something i thought i'd mention

Hound
09-25-2005, 08:59 AM
anyone else planning on comming along. also paul are you still wanting to roll with me or are you comming with the G.A. or protoge, or maybe not at all. lemme know, i wont be at this friday's meet cause i'll be going to bed early to wake up to go. if you do come with us can you possibly get a ride with one of the others to st. cath, or do you need me to pick you up if so bimmerpwr i may not be able to cruise down with you.

bimmerpwr
09-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Hey Sean, I'm coming up the 401, then HWY 6 south to Hamilton, and then 403/QEW towards St. Catherines. I'm not very familiar with that area, so if you'd like to meet we'll have to meet somewhere close to the highway, that is if you're not picking Paul up. If you are we can just meet up at the Timmy's...

I drive a silver E36 on silver 18's...

How's the drive down to Portsmouth, is it fairly smooth road??

Florin

Ted in T.O.
09-25-2005, 07:30 PM
You got a PM

Hound
09-25-2005, 07:41 PM
hey bimmerpwr, yea thats cool man alrighty i know the route your taking and the best place to meet would be at the timmies at clapisons corners (spelling?) there is a petro can and a wendy's/timmies or the right hand side. unless I need to grab paul how bout we meet there around 4ish cause i figure with such light traffic the drive to st. cath's is gonna be about the same ammount of time from there as it will be for the guys comming from oakville maybe a bit less but we will proly be there at the same time or a bit before. if you think that we would need more time to get there let me know by posting on here when you think a good time would be to meet up.

bimmerpwr
09-25-2005, 10:50 PM
Are you talking about the Timmy's at the top of the hill there at Dundas and Hwy. 6?

paul christians
09-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Can not make it this time some thing came for that weekend sorry Sean.But I will make to next years thought.Have fun boys and girls.cheers dude.

Hound
09-26-2005, 12:05 AM
cool man thanks for the reply, yea bimmerpwr thats the one what time is good for you? 4ish

Ted in T.O.
09-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Hey Sean and Florin.Here is the correct location of the meeting place.It is the Ontario Street(Route#18) exit #64 that goes into Beamsville.This exit is 20 minutes and 34 KM from where the 403 connects up to the QEW to Fort Erie.Don't get off at the first Ontario Street exit because you will get lost on that one.The one you want to get off at has a Sunoco gas bar,Timmy's and a Wendy's.It will be on your right hand side as you get off on the exit.You can see it from the highway.See you there around 445am Saturday morning.

Hound
09-26-2005, 01:01 PM
alrighty then see you there i am pretty sure that this is the exit right after the bridge that you cross that has the lions or w/e in the middle i will proly drive down there tonight just to see exactly where it is and how long it will take. Florin you still game to meet at the timmies?

Ted in T.O.
09-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Sean.This is way before you even get to St'Catherines.It is one of the Grimsby exits.This exit is only 10 minutes east of the Centenial Parkway exit as you are heading towards Fort Erie.Pm me if you are still not sure which one it is.Ted

bimmerpwr
09-26-2005, 10:24 PM
Hey Sean, we can meet up at Timmy's (Dundas & Hwy 6 south) at around 3:45am, and then drive down to the other Timmy's to meet up with Ted and the rest of the group. If the exit to Ontario St. is right off of the QEW, we should be able to find it no problem.

Florin

bmdoubleya
09-28-2005, 11:17 PM
Just an idea.??

Meet at bavauto for 10pm saturday night.. I think we should get there by 7 or 8 pm

Hound
09-29-2005, 02:27 AM
aight sorry i got confused, i know where this is and it's only maybe 20 or so minutes away from the timmies that we are meeting at so we will have lots of time to grab a coffee or w/e at the first timmies and then head on to the next one. i will see you @ 3:45am. looking forward to this :D

bimmerpwr
09-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Ok Sean, sounds good, i'll see you there.

How many people are going anyway, I see 8 voted as being interested, but as far as I know there's only 4 or so...

Hound
10-01-2005, 12:56 AM
*yawn* im up now, couldn't sleep, it's 1am went to bed at 7 last night neways i will see you in a bit florin and not sure if there are more going or not. hope so cause that would be great *th-up* i also took a drive on wednesday to see exactly where the exit is and im glad i did because i had the wrong one in mind. i know where it is and it took me 25 minutes from the top of the hill to there in heavy traffic so we will have lots of time to get there. the trees around there make it hard to see the place from the hwy but it is the second ont street exit and just a bit past the sign for Lincon Township.

///Maluco
10-03-2005, 09:31 AM
So Boys, how was it???

bimmerpwr
10-03-2005, 09:19 PM
It was really good, awesome weather, a lot of really nice cars...

paul christians
10-03-2005, 11:25 PM
is there any pic?????

bmdbley'sBro
10-05-2005, 01:08 PM
is there any pic?????

YES follow links in this thread...for Lots of them
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59126