View Full Version : E34 clutch
09-12-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm going to be replacing the clutch on a 1990 535i. Can anyone link me some sites that will help? Does anyone have experience with this project?
09-23-2005, 10:39 AM
very easy, lot's of bolts all around the transmission but very easy to do. I did it many times on the 535i and it is easier because the starter stays on the engine.
- remove exhaust
- remove shield
- remove flex disc bolts
- remove center bearing bolts
- pull driveshaft out of the transmission
- set it aside
- remove the bitch clip from the transmission and shifter linkage
- hold the transmission with a jack and remove the transmission holder bracket (with trans. mounts)
- remove the slave cylinder
- pull all the bolts out of the transmission
- remove the transmission and you are there.
While you are at it:
- change transmission fluid with redline MTL
- Change trans mounts
- You need a new bitch clip
- Best time to change the flywheel for a E28 one
Best time to change all the shifter bushing and add a Z8 shifter.
Easy job really as long as you have impact tools and that the studs don't break at the exhaust manifold.
I would do it anytime on a 535i. Takes me 1/2 day crawling on my back.
Good luck, email me if you need help.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.