PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 540i Suspension?

Darkness95m3
09-10-2005, 01:24 PM
My car has just turned 100,000Km and I think it needs new front shocks.
I would like to have a bit of a firmer ride. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, comments, remarks, pointers, etc...

I have looked at all of the posts, however I need an honest opinion.
The car is a daily driver, will never see track use.
My wife is also complaining that the ride is to smooth and you cant throw it into a corner like she can with the M3 WTF?

Quack
09-10-2005, 01:34 PM
PM Paul540/M3 I think he picked up a set of H&R coilovers, I was planning on getting the same set, but if you want to spend less you can get a set of Koni yellows with damper adjustment & H&R springs, or Bilstein with Eibachs

Darkness95m3
09-10-2005, 01:37 PM
PM Paul540/M3 I think he picked up a set of H&R coilovers, I was planning on getting the same set, but if you want to spend less you can get a set of Koni yellows with damper adjustment & H&R springs, or Bilstein with Eibachs

Hey Quack, Hows it going?
I will thanks. I don't want to spend too much money since it is my daily driver.

Quack
09-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Hey Quack, Hows it going?
I will thanks. I don't want to spend too much money since it is my daily driver.

I'm doing alright thanks for asking

I know money is always a issue but I notice some places gives great discounts, I heard Tunerworks has good prices on the H&R coilovers, it won't cost that much more than the Koni shocks with H&R springs, did you even want to change the springs? if you do want springs I'm letting you know ahead of time that the H&R will sag a little after awhile dropping you car another 1/4 inch

Paul540/m3
09-10-2005, 03:44 PM
The suspension of choice for the bf.c guys is H&R springs with Koni shocks. Another option is Eibach springs. Tunerworks is a great place to get suspension b/c they ar ein Canada. But do your homework first and get the best possible price and they will match if not beat it.

Another quick, effective, and cheap suspension mod is m5 rear swaybar.

myndgone
09-11-2005, 02:38 PM
what's the best way to achieve the stock-like ride quality and lowered look at the same time? coilovers??