PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting zkw lights??

tallicagolf
09-01-2005, 04:09 AM
OK heres the deal i have a set of the zkw headlights fitted into my 97 passat, and they look great btw, but they are pointed sky high im blinding every car infront of me can anyone give me any tip on how to properyly adjust them theres two adjustment points on the back of the housing but i can't which each one of them does, figured this would be the best place to ask since people obviously don't know to much about these lights on the vw forums thanks for the help in advance

tallicagolf
09-05-2005, 09:53 PM
anyone????

Justin e36
09-06-2005, 12:34 AM
hi tallica... I want to see pics of these on your passat! ... I'll let you know tomorrow night how to adjust them, as I will be doing mine tomorrow evening.. one of my headlamps aimed to the skies.

Soldo
09-06-2005, 01:24 AM
Theres a socket that uses an ALEN KEY to turn a dial to move the headlight up or down!

(sorry if my lingo is incorrecct.... you should be able to see what i'm talkin about!)

Justin e36
09-06-2005, 01:45 AM
what about left / right?

Soldo
09-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Left/right can be adjusted by using the bif washer/screws that hold the headlight in place!

Justin e36
09-14-2005, 07:51 PM
soldo... still lost. I found two adjustment screws, one near the turn signal, the other in the middle of the headlight. I turned them both for a solid 10 minutes.. the headlights did not adjust at all. (I put masking tape on the garage door to gauge progress.)

Which one is supposed to be vertical tilt?.. or are they independant?.. (one for high beam, one for low beam?)

98Dinan3
09-14-2005, 08:43 PM
the mechanisms inside may be a little screwy/cocked. My Inpros were the same way (couldn't be adjusted) until I took them apart and put everything back the way it was supposed to be.

Soldo
09-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Ya, i had the same problem with my DEPO's, the aiming mech. wasn't assembled i guess. Now that i have OEM BOSCH lights, you turn the mech. and the lights move!

Justin e36
09-15-2005, 12:05 PM
... mine are OEM ZKW's... taken from a M3 in Germany at a scrapyard by my brother while on vacation there. It has the power motors / auto levelling, and candlelight too. (generation 2 ZKW's)... seems fishy that the mechanism would be broken. :S .. it'll be a bitch to remove it all to check though... my lights are all spliced.. (low, high, candle, and angel eyes)... grr.