PDA

View Full Version : riced out e36 - ugly!

Justin e36
08-25-2005, 10:17 AM
eww... wtf is this... first off, why would anyone take pictures of their car when it's covered in dirt? can't they wash it first? how lazy can someone be?

The mods are ridiculous: ricer blacked out e46 m3 grills on the fenders, silly played out split spoke deep dish rims, blacked out turns, and some weird ass ICE in the car, what the hell is that display in the mirror? And those bullet thingies in the rear bumper?

Whoever ruins a precious BMW like this should be shot. *uzi*

edit: I hope this is not someone's car here on maX.

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/6716/200510pe.jpg

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3165/200520hy.jpg

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2167/200546jg.jpg

e36chick
08-25-2005, 10:24 AM
yup.... *uzi* *uzi*

lol...

UncleJ
08-25-2005, 10:24 AM
Awesome car.

I gotta say my favorite mod is the blacked out fender grills. Whoever ok'd that mod is brilliant... most likely really good looking too.

jeremy
08-25-2005, 10:30 AM
i like everything but the rims...

Christina
08-25-2005, 11:29 AM
its not as bad as you're making it out to be... =]

ive seen worse.. waaay worse..

fukenricen
08-25-2005, 11:38 AM
i thought i was gonna see big wings ,ugly ass body kits, the car is not that bad i would change the rims ,the rear lights,the gay house heater vents on the side fenders and take out the warning sensors on the rear bumper.

BMW BMXer
08-25-2005, 11:43 AM
I bet the owners a skinny weak mofo.

And those shots were so not a tease.

Miguel
08-25-2005, 11:54 AM
wow... nice SUV.

ara325
08-25-2005, 12:23 PM
looks pretty good...IMO *th-up*

Ryousuke
08-25-2005, 12:26 PM
that poor car ... why would anyone wanna ruin it that way? :'( I think I've seen it parked near Ferarri dealership and some skinny brown guy driving it. We should all go have a talk with him.

propr'one
08-25-2005, 01:07 PM
:( ashamed to say i kinda like it. Would never do that to a car i own, but still...

King Luis
08-25-2005, 01:39 PM
any more pics of this riced out e36??? looks good..i would lower it a bit more, but then again, we're in toronto.

BMW_7
08-25-2005, 01:52 PM
It looks pretty nice. I like the little things like the integrated indicator in the mouldings, and the camera. Any frontal shots?? Or full car shots? It's hard to visualise a car from these shots you have.

Grills and wheels are not particularly my cup of tea but still props for being original.

Understated
08-25-2005, 05:41 PM
:D *th-up*

M-ATTACK
08-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Am i missing something here?

DAM
08-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Am i missing something here?

yeah, is this a joke and this is your new car or something, I sense sarcasm

Understated
08-25-2005, 07:30 PM
ewwww led's in his rearview... :P lol

sorry had to add some more fuel

Jim .E.
08-25-2005, 08:23 PM
thats not justins car...

heres a front shot of what i believe is justins whip
http://my.so-net.net.tw/kensu903/bmw_e36_carbon%20fibre%20lip%20spoiler_5.jpg

Justin e36
08-25-2005, 08:36 PM
any more pics of this riced out e36??? looks good..i would lower it a bit more, but then again, we're in toronto.

yeah, I have a few others... I think it's an Ontario car, you can kinda see the license plate. I never understood what the big deal was with deep dish rims. Apparently he has some kinda boosted engine planned and is going with a quad exhaust setup... so he chopped up an OEM m3 rear diffuser. Personally, I think dual tip is more than enough. The mirrors look OK though.. anyone know what type they are?

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6278/200569hq.jpg

mkgino
08-25-2005, 08:49 PM
Put up a pic of yourself and lets turn this into a real party Mr Muscles

app
08-25-2005, 11:33 PM
damn, that tire is so close to the fender, can you even go over a bump? :)

SeRb
08-26-2005, 12:41 AM
personally i dont mind the car, id change a couple things maybe and thats it

stop bashing a car just because he didnt modify it like every other bmw owner in the world, jus cuz its not ur taste doesnt mean u should bash someones ride,

he prob put a lot of time into it so either use constructive criticism or dont bother

we're not 12 anymore

paul christians
08-26-2005, 12:45 AM
the car looks very nice to me...my 2cents who owns it dude or is it yours dude......

jeremy
08-26-2005, 07:36 AM
personally i dont mind the car, id change a couple things maybe and thats it

stop bashing a car just because he didnt modify it like every other bmw owner in the world, jus cuz its not ur taste doesnt mean u should bash someones ride,

he prob put a lot of time into it so either use constructive criticism or dont bother

we're not 12 anymore

dude.... obviously it's justins car :D

UncleJ
08-26-2005, 01:05 PM
dude.... obviously it's justins car :D

No it isn't.

Justin's black, he has like 20 inch chromes on his car.

ara325
08-26-2005, 02:43 PM
No it isn't.

Justin's black, he has like 20 inch chromes on his car.

You mean Justin's is black!

UncleJ
08-26-2005, 02:58 PM
You mean Justin's is black!

Uhhh, no I mean Justin himself IS black. He's a black guy, dark skin. Opposite of me, a white guy, light skin.

ara325
08-26-2005, 04:07 PM
Uhhh, no I mean Justin himself IS black. He's a black guy, dark skin. Opposite of me, a white guy, light skin.

ohhh, my bad...sorry, i was not meaning anything malicious by it anyways. *th-up*

paul christians
08-26-2005, 04:52 PM
so how did he get the pic of the inside than...dude you have nice car cheers dude...

paul
08-26-2005, 05:19 PM
so many haters

mkgino
08-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Justin is dark chocolate??? Since when?

Justin e36
08-28-2005, 12:13 PM
yeah, is this a joke and this is your new car or something, I sense sarcasm

I haven't bought a new car (for myself) in almost 4 years now. Just my old crappy e36 in my sig.

Phantom
09-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Not very big on posting but I'll chip in here. The display in the rear view mirror is a custom unit hardwired to a V1 located somewhere behind the front grill. Jim Powell used to custom make these units a few years ago. Not sure if he still does.
It's an ingenious creation as it allows operation of the V1 in true stealth mode. No visible wires, no suction cups on windshield, and a simple glance at the mirror provides necessary feedback. The unit autodims after detection and completely fades out when the vehicle stops.

5style
09-05-2005, 12:08 PM
am I missing something here? It does not look bad...

///Milk
09-10-2005, 04:56 PM
I like it. Looks good, blacked out fender grill is a cool idea *th-up*

maxx318i
09-16-2005, 03:06 PM
that's one hot 318i !!!

Justin e36
09-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Not very big on posting but I'll chip in here. The display in the rear view mirror is a custom unit hardwired to a V1 located somewhere behind the front grill. Jim Powell used to custom make these units a few years ago. Not sure if he still does.
It's an ingenious creation as it allows operation of the V1 in true stealth mode. No visible wires, no suction cups on windshield, and a simple glance at the mirror provides necessary feedback. The unit autodims after detection and completely fades out when the vehicle stops.

I'm impressed... someone on here is paying attention to the technology in that rear view mirror.

Jim Powell is still making / selling the V1 stealth mirror too... it's not his design that is in this mirror though. His is an all red display in the corner of othe mirror.. this is a colored one in the middle. Still a cool technology though.

1BADBMR
09-19-2005, 07:47 PM
I've seen that car in woodbridge last weekend. Some Asian guy drving it. It looks aight, except for the lift kit. The thing is way off the ground

Understated
09-19-2005, 08:07 PM
ROTFL @ 1badbmr :D

Kal
09-19-2005, 08:45 PM
lol justin good going.. you have half of max confused.

anyhow the car looks tight .. what do you have planned for underneath the hood?

WhadUpp
09-19-2005, 08:53 PM
like everything but the side grills, rims, and eye lids

uber e36
09-23-2005, 07:06 PM
Yes, I'd love to get the stealth mirror... no more worrying about speeding tickets!

And the "bullets in the rear bumper" are Park Distance Control sensors... I think...

Hound
09-25-2005, 09:57 AM
yes they are PDC looks like a nice job of putting them in they look like they were always on the car

Darkness95m3
09-25-2005, 11:56 AM
The e46 grills do not belong on a e36.
Everything else looks pretty good to me.

Cabrio
09-25-2005, 01:48 PM
The e46 grills do not belong on a e36.
Everything else looks pretty good to me.

I was just about to say the same thing.

This car is not bad, no need for the bashing, really.

I would've got different rims. But, to each their own.

Justin e36
11-25-2005, 10:57 PM
lol justin good going.. you have half of max confused.

anyhow the car looks tight .. what do you have planned for underneath the hood?

forgot about this thread...

I already have a 325 engine laying around, and a turbo kit sitting in my basement. Just have to get off my lazy ass to install it.. probably not until spring time though. Along with that will be the quad exhaust (body modifications have already been done for it)... and that's probably it...

Justin e36
11-25-2005, 10:58 PM
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/5821/200579eh.jpg

ZiMMie
11-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Am not a fan of the wheels but i guess it can pass with those bad ass tires *mw*
yea turbo that sucker. get that body moving.
Arent u Boared with the pwr yet?

And u pushin threw this dirty city in the winter.
Comon men get a Beater..

Justin e36
11-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Am not a fan of the wheels but i guess it can pass with those bad ass tires *mw*
yea turbo that sucker. get that body moving.
Arent u Boared with the pwr yet?

And u pushin threw this dirty city in the winter.
Comon men get a Beater..

I hear ya... in pictures I don't like the rims either, in person I like them, probably just because I'm getting used to them though.

The truth is, I'm a cheapass. I refuse to drop money on my car... at the end of the day, it is a 13 year old 318i. I do the mods myself, I'll buy them broken and fix them---or make my own. Repair & retrofit broken M5 mirrors, roll my fenders with a mallet, bastardize Rx7, 325, and Jaguar parts to make a new alternator.

I can not justify spending thousands on summer rims. I figure original VR5 (not knockoff) 18" staggered rims that are designed for the e36 (hubcentric / no spacers), with a dish, gunmetal centre, McGard wheel locks, and locking stem caps for $200 ea. straight from the factory... I'm not going to complain. There are much sexier rims out there, but I'd be an idiot to spend that kind of coin on a daily beater.

I also can't justify storing this for the winter---this car was supposed to be my dedicated winter beater, but I didn't end up buying a droptop during the summer as planned. *mumble*

Don't have a problem with the power to be honest... could use some more torque, for those hills. It's not like I race around.. I'm usually cruising down the road listening to music... not swirving in and out of traffic. The modified 325 engine and turbocharger I'll be dropping in more for the learning experience of doing it. Engine + mods = free (did myself), turbocharger is a brand new AA knockoff kit (uses a Garrett turbo).. and I got it dirt cheap too.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55419&stc=1&d=1132925619

Kal
11-26-2005, 02:05 AM
I dont care what anyone says, those rims look solid! I love the dish!

BTW, now that you FINALLY posted a picture of your car, I have seen you many times in rexdale. It looks badass cruising.

I'll try to wave you down next time i see ya.

Kal

ara325
11-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Justin, your rims suit your car, i'll bet that it's the best $800 you've spent on it...anyways, your ride's awesome, continue your rational thinking*th-up*

ZiMMie
11-26-2005, 09:47 PM
I hear ya... in pictures I don't like the rims either, in person I like them, probably just because I'm getting used to them though.

The truth is, I'm a cheapass. I refuse to drop money on my car... at the end of the day, it is a 13 year old 318i. I do the mods myself, I'll buy them broken and fix them---or make my own. Repair & retrofit broken M5 mirrors, roll my fenders with a mallet, bastardize Rx7, 325, and Jaguar parts to make a new alternator.

I can not justify spending thousands on summer rims. I figure original VR5 (not knockoff) 18" staggered rims that are designed for the e36 (hubcentric / no spacers), with a dish, gunmetal centre, McGard wheel locks, and locking stem caps for $200 ea. straight from the factory... I'm not going to complain. There are much sexier rims out there, but I'd be an idiot to spend that kind of coin on a daily beater.

I also can't justify storing this for the winter---this car was supposed to be my dedicated winter beater, but I didn't end up buying a droptop during the summer as planned. *mumble*

Don't have a problem with the power to be honest... could use some more torque, for those hills. It's not like I race around.. I'm usually cruising down the road listening to music... not swirving in and out of traffic. The modified 325 engine and turbocharger I'll be dropping in more for the learning experience of doing it. Engine + mods = free (did myself), turbocharger is a brand new AA knockoff kit (uses a Garrett turbo).. and I got it dirt cheap too.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55419&stc=1&d=1132925619

In that case, for a budgeted DIY car. Looks awesome *th-up*. I love those mirrors. was it a pain to fit them lke OE. the installation of it looks really good. and that camera its mounted, gotto be the sickest mod ive seen this yr. is it zoomable?

let me know when u ready to do work on ur car. i will not mind givin u a hand. althought my knoledge on e36 motors is very limited. it will be great experience for me too.

shimajer
11-26-2005, 10:00 PM
i like the rims too!

Justin e36
11-28-2005, 09:35 AM
I dont care what anyone says, those rims look solid! I love the dish!

BTW, now that you FINALLY posted a picture of your car, I have seen you many times in rexdale. It looks badass cruising.

I'll try to wave you down next time i see ya.

Kal

Thanks! ... I think I've seen you before in the old car... you were coming out of the street with Chuck's Auto. I think my car is fairly known around Rexdale---if not with the people, then at least with the cops.

Yeah, flag me down if you see me around...

Justin e36
11-30-2005, 07:40 AM
In that case, for a budgeted DIY car. Looks awesome *th-up*. I love those mirrors. was it a pain to fit them lke OE. the installation of it looks really good. and that camera its mounted, gotto be the sickest mod ive seen this yr. is it zoomable?

let me know when u ready to do work on ur car. i will not mind givin u a hand. althought my knoledge on e36 motors is very limited. it will be great experience for me too.

The mirrors weren't that difficult to retrofit, the bases are almost the same. Just wiring up the harness was a bit different. The e39 m5 passenger mirror tilts down when you go in reverse, so trying to decypher which wire does what took a few hours... then running the wires to a switch in the car took a bit. Apparently I need a module to get the passenger tilt fully functional. :(

I'll be doing the work in the spring time I think. I'd appreciate the help as well. I'll probably be doing it at Charlie's shop since he has experience installing turbochargers. He's been getting really busy lately though. :(

Justin e36
11-30-2005, 08:19 AM
btw... took a quick video the other night with a cheapy old 2.0MP digicam in the rain, you can see the NES/reverse-cam in action: http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0YI83EJ1AZKEJ0OBCD5VR7NXRB

icu
11-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Amazing what folks will spend on vid games, I gave the 360 a try and Ide have to say the gr affix are outstanding, but not at the price.Nice rezo on that rear view cam Justin, the link I'm sure doesn't come close to the view one would get in the car, what type of cam are you using? Rims are amazing as is the M grills ,I suppose you custom fit the side repeaters in the fender trim? or are they from a 7 ? One should not stand too close to your ride for fear of getting smacked in the head by mtr mirrors! jus kidding nice touch. I think you need a car cover! *th-up*

Jim .E.
12-01-2005, 12:13 AM
your car is sick

Ital_325i
12-01-2005, 12:34 AM
Justin, that is a sick car, honestly, for those who didnt watch the video, do it now. Everybody would change this, and would change that, but then you would be "customizing".

I give Justin the credit due, A lot of the mods made my jaw drop and go WTF????? Thats Sick. Sure there are things I personally wouldnt do, but theres a lot that I would. The mirrors are fackin crazy, the camera is fackin crazy, the rear view mirror is fackin crazy. Shall I go on?? Okay the angel eyes are fackin crazy. I guess you get the point.

Only thing I would complain about is the title, Justin, you shouldn't bash all that hard work. Riced out, I wouldnt say so, That is one creative ride.

*th-up* *th-up*

If your looking for someone to give you a hand, look no further, Im sure I could learn a few things from you.

Good Job on the car.

Furious
12-01-2005, 04:01 AM
justin the car looks awesome dude, you done lots of stuff to it, and i have to say its all tastefull and impressive, the rear view display is my favorite mod on that car, and dont let people hate on you for the rims, they look hawt.

ZiMMie
12-02-2005, 02:05 AM
The mirrors weren't that difficult to retrofit, the bases are almost the same. Just wiring up the harness was a bit different. The e39 m5 passenger mirror tilts down when you go in reverse, so trying to decypher which wire does what took a few hours... then running the wires to a switch in the car took a bit. Apparently I need a module to get the passenger tilt fully functional. :(

I'll be doing the work in the spring time I think. I'd appreciate the help as well. I'll probably be doing it at Charlie's shop since he has experience installing turbochargers. He's been getting really busy lately though. :(
i jst buzt a nut on those mirror. dude ur car is sick.!! tuning u can go to charlie but for fittin the motor in that engine bay, let me know. ill definetly give u hand if its needed. i cant belive u call that a beater. if its a beater wat will be the baby?

*th-up*

Adriano
12-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Justin,

Those "bullet holes" are actually reverse parking sensors. They do look crappy but saved my 'rear end' many times :D

I learned my lesson when backing on my trailer and scratching my bumper. Now I just view my readout and parking is actually enjoyable *wiggle*

BTW, what do you guys think of the kidney grills on an E36? I was actually considering this (not blacked out of course)

Justin e36
12-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Ah okay.. parking sensors, thanks! You should post some pics of your ride up in a new thread, I'd like to see some of the latest work you've done. Any word on the movie?

I don't think fender grills would match your Zeemax kit very well imo... especially if you end up going widebody sedan, it'd look too messy.. but that's just my impression.

Adriano
12-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Ah okay.. parking sensors, thanks! You should post some pics of your ride up in a new thread, I'd like to see some of the latest work you've done. Any word on the movie?

I don't think fender grills would match your Zeemax kit very well imo... especially if you end up going widebody sedan, it'd look too messy.. but that's just my impression.

Point taken about the kidney grills. Justin, I need to talk to you about a little problem with the movie.
Go here:
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=699478#post699478