PDA

View Full Version : Turbocharger on my 325is

BMW Guy
08-21-2005, 01:48 PM
I have a 1993 325is that I am turbocharging. I am making everything myself and I am using a custom built Garret T3/T4s turbo which is a high flow low boost application (6-8psi). If anybody has ever put a turbo on an e36 could you share your experience with me. Your help with research would be appreciated. I am mainly interested in learning about the BMW fuel system and any add on's that are available for it. I have supercharged alot of Ford Mustangs but this is my first time with a turbo and my first time with a BMW. Any help or experiences you can share would be appreciated. I can be contacted at jillmark99@rogers.com
Thanks

Jim .E.
08-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Dj_Contra a.k.a Adam Supercharged his E36, he might be able to help you

paul
08-22-2005, 05:11 PM
my fuel system and setup check the link
http://bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186308

paul
08-22-2005, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=paul]my fuel system and setup check the link
http://bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186308[/QUO check page 3

any questions feel free to ask

zurCdrawdE
08-25-2005, 03:55 AM
Id hit up bimmerforums.com theres a lot of guys there with forced induction and theres even a board for it.

paul
08-26-2005, 10:18 AM
went to the dyno yesterday. i have to go baack but i was greating good numbers at low boost. i ran 340 to the wheels at 11psi. but by cleaning up the program i will get easy 15rwhp added to that. at the same psi. the thing that wasted alot of time yesterday was setting up the car. with things like cold start and idle etc etc i will post video up just wanting for my friend to wake up. we got home at 3.30 yesterday. all and all we had fun. i went with three cars from my shop. my friend ran 550 to the wheels. in a mk2 golf. i alsowent with another vw. that is know on the streets as high boost. his headgasket blow. :( not a good night for him. then i went and i'm happy with the progress. i'll bet hitting it next week again. *th-up*

fukenricen
08-26-2005, 12:29 PM
yah yah i just woke up i would have been wide awake if i wasnt at the dyno all night with your ass but give me a few hours and ill have it up.Paul cant forget the 800dollar bill you had to pay to the nice officer

app
08-26-2005, 12:46 PM
paul, is that 340 to the wheels outta the 2.5L, or do you ahve a S50 in there?

paul
08-26-2005, 04:50 PM
it's 340 to the wheels on a stock 2.5l m50 motor the only thing that i did was lower the comp with a headgaskey and arp studs. I'll get more out of it i just don't know if i should push my luck unit i build another motor. i also did a pass at 25psi and the car made 400trq to the wheels if you watch the video it shows one pass on the dyno where the turner is say stop stop. the boost hit 25psi at that point. the reason for this is my boost control wasn't running right so we where using a manual one. that why the my buddy ryan is sit next to the car with his hands in the engine bay.

next week dyno again just to clean the program alittle more

app
08-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Sweet, thanks fantastic. Great numbers. :)

propr'one
08-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Hey paul congrats on those numbers. Just wondering if you'd mind sharing roughly how much the FI kit and installation matierals cost you. Im hoping a 325 purchase early this week, and am curious if it makes sense to eventually turbo it, or just sell it in a few years and buy an ///M

(i do understand 325+hp does not equal M:D)

paul
08-31-2005, 07:37 PM
Hey paul congrats on those numbers. Just wondering if you'd mind sharing roughly how much the FI kit and installation matierals cost you. Im hoping a 325 purchase early this week, and am curious if it makes sense to eventually turbo it, or just sell it in a few years and buy an ///M

(i do understand 325+hp does not equal M:D)

all i have to say is. If you don't really want to go crazy by a charger. or do a modest turbo setup. what ever you do don't get a aa kit you won't like it. Now is my case i want to run crazy hp so i'm doing everything overkill at the moment. My fuel system can run 800hp am i going to run that hp no. But i am going to run 500 to 600. With any turbo setup i have learned that to much is never to much. It's more like safe and safer. also keep in mind you get what you pay for. If i was to start over i wound do a custom setup like i have now from the begining.I would have never started off with a aa kit. I would have saved alot of $$$$$$$$. A modest turbo setup on a e36 will cost you between 5000 to 7000 depending on the parts you use. that is with changing the headgasket and clamps and gauges etc etc and you doing alot of work.

i have to say is that i spent alot of $$ and i did alot of the work myself, also the guy with the golf helped me alot with some work. he know his stuff i have also learned alot from him because to get where he is now he had alot of problems.dosen't matter the car the samethings apply his also a vw tech *th-up*