PDA

View Full Version : max cfm

icu
08-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Would anyone know what the max cfm a 328i engine ca draw ? trying to determine which cold air intake will be the best for my mtr. Have installed M/ Ds chip and very impressed . any thoughts? .G. :)

thinair
08-15-2005, 12:30 AM
I have no idea, but I wouldn't worry too much, most intakes won't net you a bunch of power anyway. Basically anything with a 3" tube is fine. The honest truth is if you had a bunch of intake kits (AA, ECIS, JC, Carbonio, Dinan, etc, etc) and went to the dyno with they, they'd all dyno within 1hp of each other. It's pretty hard to mess up an intake, as long as it's not sucking up hot air you'll be ok.

icu
08-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the info , I was looking at the intake from Carbonio at the meet in July and had no idea what it was really worth , well I should have bought it on the spot ! nearly $4oo ouch!! Live an learn. Back from vacation looking forward to fri nite meet. :)

djcontra
08-15-2005, 07:54 PM
any aluminum or carbon fiber intake which ports down into the lower levels of the bumper with a heat shield will work fine, even a home-made one. Make sure the filter isn't too small though, and dont get one with an inverted cone in the top of it, get one like K&N makes with a sealed top; the only filtered parts should be the sides of the cone.

thinair
08-15-2005, 09:09 PM
you should have got a carbonio intake at Bimmercruise, I think the e36 one was like $300CDN.