PDA

View Full Version : My head is hurting me!!!!!!!!

Jigga2g
09-25-2002, 07:59 PM
Hello Bimmer owners!!!!

Fairly new guy here. But here's the story, 3 years ago I was in an accident (not my fault) and sewed the insurance company of the other driver. Now 3 years later were settling this. I have a pretty unique fracture to my right wrist but I'll survive.
Now heres the dilema, this settlement is for $120,000 net now 4 sure Im getting a house for my future wife and my new 1 month baby boy. Now I'm 25 and I can really get a sweet ride to drive around in I'm looking at the 99 328i which my girl really approves of and this is like a head start for me to drive in style. Im also findind a little love for the new 03 Honda accord V6 coupe 6 speed. My girl says we have money now why drive a freakin Honda?? Get into the Bimmer!!! but to tell you the truth the price of the Honda is 31,000 and the bimmers i see for 28-31 Thousand. Now do you think im being stupid by looking at a Honda or is it feasable? Basically what Im saying is what would you do in a situation like this?? Oh and Im only putting 10 to 15 down on a car.

all currency in Canadian.
*smoke*

Mr seville
09-25-2002, 08:11 PM
i'd say your girl is gonna put you into the poorhouse pretty quick. but i would rather go with the 328i. why you ask? just cause:D 328dtm's old car is for sale at one of the bmw dealers around town i think:huh?:

M50E30
09-25-2002, 08:15 PM
I'll be honest and say that Hondas are nice, but I love BMW's. BMW's feel solid in every aspect of what a car should feel like not like a tin can. Is this going to be your car? or for both you and your future wife? Can she drive manual? 'Cause if you get a BMW you have to get a manual for shure!

Also I do suggest that you MUST test drive BOTH cars first before you buy anything! And don't be afraid to give it when you take it on the highway! LOL!

Good luck!,
Dave

Jigga2g
09-25-2002, 08:21 PM
This is going to be my car, thats why its stick......she can't drive it. She wants a Benz truck ( like thats ****in happening)

gsbadbmr
09-25-2002, 08:29 PM
C'mon man, there's absolutely NO comparing these cars.*no-no* :D

rico328i
09-26-2002, 12:07 AM
Wish I had that tough decision to make!?! haha. The new Accord Coupe V6 in a 6spd doesn't come out until around Feb. If you can wait that long, it'd be worth taking out for a spin. At least to compare the 2. It's coming w/240hp too. Which isn't a bad thing. My guess is, as far as performance goes, 0-100km/hr will be in the low to mid 6's. Pretty comparable to a 328i. And.....17" wheels are standard. If I'm right, they're only 215 wide. But that's not bad to start. About time they throw some 17's on the the Accord.

All I can say is, there's nothing wrong with Honda's. I came from a 90 Accord, and that car treated me extremely well. Up to 380K, when I sold it and got my 328i. The new Accord's supposed to be much, much better than the last gen.

Tough call!

Rico
98 328i

mkgino
09-26-2002, 12:25 AM
I think you have to be realistic here. The BMW is gonna be about 3 - 4 yrs old when you get it, the accord will be brand new. The accord is faster, but the bmw is more luxurious etc. See the bad thing about buying an older bmw is that since you wont have the type of warranty on it as you would with a honda, once the maintanience starts rolling around your gonna be in trouble. Its very expensive to maintain a bmw as opposed to a honda. The only reason I would take the BMW over the honda is cause of the prestiege, or feeling you get when your in one. But the honda is more practical, plus you can drive it all year long. So the honda in a sense outweighs the bmw in all practical areas, but the bmw is nicer.

MP328
09-26-2002, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by mkgino
I See the bad thing about buying an older bmw is that since you wont have the type of warranty on it as you would with a honda, once the maintanience starts rolling around your gonna be in trouble. Its very expensive to maintain a bmw as opposed to a honda.

about the warranty i wouldn't say that u won't have the warranty. depends where u buy the car from. i bought mine of a bmw dealer and it came with the extended warranty up to 120K or august 2003 whichever comes first. and so far the extended warranty has covered almost everything that i didn't break or wasn't normal wear. i got the O2 sensors, new rotors after i bought it, 2 times changed the OBC, frozen OBD replaced with a new one, brake light cuircit sensor and soome other stuff whee all replaced under the extended warranty and were free. and my car is a 1997.

but u probably won't get a warranty if u buy some place other then a real bmw dealership.

328power
10-01-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by mkgino
I think you have to be realistic here. The BMW is gonna be about 3 - 4 yrs old when you get it, the accord will be brand new. The accord is faster, but the bmw is more luxurious etc. See the bad thing about buying an older bmw is that since you wont have the type of warranty on it as you would with a honda, once the maintanience starts rolling around your gonna be in trouble. Its very expensive to maintain a bmw as opposed to a honda. The only reason I would take the BMW over the honda is cause of the prestiege, or feeling you get when your in one. But the honda is more practical, plus you can drive it all year long. So the honda in a sense outweighs the bmw in all practical areas, but the bmw is nicer.

YES watch out ...bimmers are sick YES...but they do brakedown

...Mine did yesterday for the first time since i got it ...

1500 +

Not good

GOod Luck