PDA

View Full Version : carbon fibre hood

jeremy
09-23-2002, 07:57 PM
this isn't for sure....i might need to get some money together for a new winter beater......i'm just trying to feel out what kind of cash i will get...the hood was made by BMP Design in texas..i will post more pics when i get some..or if anyone has pics they want to add, please do...thanks

i paid:

470.00us- for the hood (it lists at 1095.00us)
170.00us-shipping
120.00 canadian-duties

= 1170.00 canadian... this is what i paid so please keep it in mind:)

Sim_Sima
09-23-2002, 11:46 PM
Its a really good hood but, Why pay soo much for it??

Sim_Sima
09-23-2002, 11:51 PM
I was talking to some guys who came into my work and they were telling me about their carbon fibre company they started. I'm sure they'll make custom hoods and stuff for cars.

jeremy
09-24-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Sim_Sima
I was talking to some guys who came into my work and they were telling me about their carbon fibre company they started. I'm sure they'll make custom hoods and stuff for cars.

try and source a cf hood for a e30....everyone knows someone who knows someone who knows someone....there was supposed to be a guy in burlington that does them (he did gurl bmw's bf's old car) he's outa buisness... also i dont mind paying for something that carries a good quality name such as bmp..i know you can buy them from bc auto in markham, they import them from asia they take30-40 days to get and are 600.00 canadian wholesale,god knows what the quality is like...if your not a distribuitor for them who knows how much you'll pay..:)

Sim_Sima
09-27-2002, 05:24 PM
Thats tru about the everyone knows someone who knows someone, I see now, i respect that, sorry buddy thats a quality hood and BMP is a name i would trust too.

lates..

Sim_Sima
09-27-2002, 05:27 PM
Hey could i get some pictures of the mounts for the carbon fibre hood for my own personal reasons. I wanna know how to build them if i get a CF kit, Is it O.E. mounts or did you have to make adjustments??

jeremy
09-27-2002, 05:44 PM
Hey could i get some pictures of the mounts for the carbon fibre hood for my own personal reasons. I wanna know how to build them if i get a CF kit, Is it O.E. mounts or did you have to make adjustments??

the hood uses the oem mounts from your old hood...you need to make the cf thicker where you are going to put the mounts and use thread inserts so you can bolt the mounts in:P hope that helps....i dont have that much access to a dc, but i will try to take some pics for you

Sim_Sima
09-28-2002, 10:23 AM
thanx man, I'll tell my buddy bout this and i gotta take my hood off but i'm concerned cuz its not in perfect shape, Hey hows ytour old hood would you let me buy or borrow it for a bit maybe?

jeremy
09-29-2002, 08:32 PM
thanx man, I'll tell my buddy bout this and i gotta take my hood off but i'm concerned cuz its not in perfect shape, Hey hows ytour old hood would you let me buy or borrow it for a bit maybe?

my old hood is in perfect shape...i would lend it too you but if the paint gets f-up i would be pissed (incase i decide to switch it back):)