PDA

View Full Version : Bimmercruise comment section....

EMPOWERD
07-17-2005, 11:11 PM
I'd like to take time out again and thank our premier sponsor (and promoter) maXbimmer for all the support for BimmerCruise '05. To help me improve the show, i'd like to ask maXmembers what they think BimmerCruise needs to make it better. Obviously weather is a factor that can't be altered (except time of year) and I know the obvious screw ups (like not enough BBQers, and gang fights *uzi* ) so please don't be afraid to post some constructive criticism.

http://www.e46toronto.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2086&stc=1

paul christians
07-17-2005, 11:15 PM
sorry I had to miss this dude but for next year WOW I will be at and in it big time see all of you there!!!!!!!!!!

Furious
07-17-2005, 11:15 PM
i know its a bit to ask but an indoor event would be cool , keeps the people cool , and keeps the cars clean, however i can see it being a bit more tha 5 dollars to enter of course. overall the show was excellent. and yes more food, less fighting.

SpoolinS6
07-17-2005, 11:17 PM
not in the grass :(

EMPOWERD
07-17-2005, 11:28 PM
I know what you mean about indoor, that would be absolutely awsome but after doing AutoNation show in the Toronto Metro Convention Center, I know that they run in the neighbourhood of $90,000 budgets.

Jorge, why don't people like grass? I pay a lot more for having this show at a public park (permits/insurance/licences etc...) Parking lot shows are easy and cheap to run, but don't look very classy (try and keep the wet-weather bad-thoughts out, have an unbiased opinion)

bimmermafia
07-17-2005, 11:28 PM
too bad i missed it but whats these fights you guys are talking about

King Luis
07-17-2005, 11:33 PM
ya the grass was kinda weird to be one with mud in certain areas cause of the rain....more food and drinks are needed...but i found it to run smoothly...besides the fight....also more women are needed:P...a indoor event would be too much money i think....btw...what was that company with the RH wheels???;)
btw...thanks again for the stickers Bruce.

edit: second opinion on the grass...if it was dry and shorter grass it wouldn't be as bad.

Christina
07-17-2005, 11:35 PM
i slept in.. and missed bc again.
:(

*sighs..* next year

Razkal
07-17-2005, 11:40 PM
The show was great - the weather was nuts - giving us bouts of rain and then extreme heat. Apart from waiting for the final judging (I know it's quite hard for the judges to decide is some classes), the rest of the show went off quite well and I was really impressed with the turnout.

Well done to all of the staff, promoters and most of all spectators that made Bimmercruise '05 a success!

well done!
Sanj

hioctane
07-17-2005, 11:53 PM
It was overall good. I didn't see any fights; however, I had to leave early. Maybe I'm getting old or something but I would rather have the show a bit more "family oriented". Not too sure what that means but it sure does feel like a "club" atmosphere (even though we were outdoors). For me, I go just to see the cars

I did like how there was dedicated staff; all were very helpful.

thinair
07-18-2005, 12:04 AM
My comments aren't really directed at Randy, but I'd like to see more people show up. I understand that people might have other things to do, but so many people missed this show. It's only a little rain, your car won't melt.

Also, why are people with very modded cars not entering? There were a bunch of beautiful cars there that decided not to enter, I don't get why. $20 isn't a lot I don't think.

Also the fighting was pretty useless, as was the casual amount of swearing (this is a family event I think).

paul christians
07-18-2005, 12:11 AM
there was a fight why......It is a family there so can we have fun and hang out and things but no fighting guys and girls just love OK.......cheers

Miguel
07-18-2005, 12:13 AM
wait a sec... I missed a fight? cliffs?

What in the hell would anyone have to fight over at a bmw meet? someone dissed another dude's rims or something?

myndgone
07-18-2005, 12:28 AM
it was great...thumbs up to the organizers & staff and all those who didnt get scared of melting in the rain & decided to show up... *th-up*

sure wouldda been nice if it was sunny all along...and too bad my car broke down a day before :mad:

there was a fight? wow!....a-holes everywhere!

Ted in T.O.
07-18-2005, 12:30 AM
Randy.You and your Maxbimmer team put on a great show.The weather probably wiped you out of refreshments.Hey Maxbimmer group lets not talk about the fight and concentrate on the future meets to make them better.It's something i would like to forget about because it's not worth discussing on the board.I'm sure you will here something at the Friday meets.The location was great Randy.Grass is fine with me but it's too bad we can't stop traffic on the QEW anymore.That was cool.How come the event did not separate the different cars this year IE 3 series,5 series,and so on? Great job Maxbimmer team. *th-up* Ted *th-up*

app
07-18-2005, 12:46 AM
The fight provided some amusement, I saw it start, go for about 2 minutes of them yelling at each other, throw 2 punches, then the staff stepped in.

I think the park was a great idea, was nice to spread out if you wanted to and the "barns" were nice for shade or shelter from the rain. Maybe a way to keep out the tards, like there was some guy doing donuts in a new charger on the baseball diamond.

Slowered318
07-18-2005, 12:46 AM
I agree an indoor event would be amazing.. but i doubt it's cheap unless anyone has a hookup! like a warehouse maybe?

Ryan's crazy ideas:
-Rented above ground pool w/ strippers?
-Car mod plaks (spelling) would be cool guys it only takes a majic marker and some $1.69 bristle board.
-Running water for bucket touch up washing (a must for me :mad: )
-Visible from major roads
-Replace "MADD" old ladys with a beer tent? :)

digiital
07-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Some guy claiming that his E30 was faster then the guys M5 or something stupid like that.....

No really not sure what happen :)

wait a sec... I missed a fight? cliffs?

What in the hell would anyone have to fight over at a bmw meet? someone dissed another dude's rims or something?

digiital
07-18-2005, 12:59 AM
I was watching buddy not sure what happened, but all of a sudden BANG, something just didn't sound right and he went stumbling out of the park.

What that the guy who started the fight?

Maybe a way to keep out the tards, like there was some guy doing donuts in a new charger on the baseball diamond.

BMW BMXer
07-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Fight? That sounds silly. I was at work hoping you guys had a good time.

King Luis
07-18-2005, 01:15 AM
christina - if you came it could of been so much better.:P

i thought the turn out was great but there are a lot of cars missing that should of been there...z8's and z4's also the new 6ers and 7ers...and the one and only new 5 series seemed lonely with it's older siblings.....besides some mishaps it was a good meet, and a lot could be learned from this meet, more food and drinks and sorted car parking. but other then that you can't really do much, either weather didn't co-operate until the end and some people could come...but the sponsers, staff and everyone who came really made it a good meet....it was my first and definitly not my last.
est 364 days until bimmercruise 2006:)

Ryousuke
07-18-2005, 02:12 AM
I went there it was great saw all the nice bimmers .... as I was told the show was better then last year... so yeah gonna make sure to come back again... oh and Miguel why did you park all the way out back and not with others and I was about to take a pic of Randy's smart and call it the star of the show but then got too lazy :D

///Milk
07-18-2005, 02:18 AM
i have a little question
how much has the number of participants grown since BC04 to BC05

Justin e36
07-18-2005, 03:09 AM
Hey Randy,

As I mentioned at the end, I thought things went pretty good.. however, this was my first bimmercruise show so only have videos/pictures to compare against. So I'll provide from generic comments based on promotional experience... (though no car show experience, so what I say may not fully apply... but hopefully will be somewhat useful...)

1 - I have a lot of friends with BMW's that have never heard of bimmercruise and aren't fully interested in coming. They're not internet people, or a part of "forum culture".. but do love their BMW's very much. Many of them are older individuals. These are the people who really need to be targeted. Some flyers distributed to maX members... (send through snail mail even, for those who don't go to the weekly meets.).. and let them distribute it amongst their non-internet savy friends, or any other bimmers they see in parking lots. I did manage to convince 2 other guys to come down, but most didn't really see the big deal... those little advertisements go a long way. Internet has a limited target market and is reflected in the cruise... lots of younger kids, e30's and e36's... the higher end / classier car owners don't really know about the cruise.

2 - There are others who visit the bimmercruise.com website, but not these forums... they don't know about next year's cruise and can easily miss out on it. It would be nice to add a "mailing notification" feature to the website where anyone who signs up is notified via e-mail about the following year's cruise once details are announced.

3 - Find out if you can work something out with BMWCCA or similar to have flyers at the parts desks of BMW dealerships. A lot of die-hard BMW fans visit those parts desks regularly. (not sure if BMWCCA has this type of pull or not...) If anything, you can perhaps push for the next level which is actually the BMW of Canada, ask them too put the flyers and in turn they can park some of their newest BMW's at the park promotionally. (I'm sure everyone would like to see some of the newer e90's, 6 series coupe, 7ers, etc. parked there... even if they are stock.) Your push could be that BMW owners are often repeat buyers. Good advertising opportunity for them.

4 - I love the grass idea. Although my car was dirty as hell from the cruise. I find it MUCH classier than a parking lot and adds a nice atmosphere. Seeing the M3's lined up at the end on the hill, and the cars on the rolling grass. Plus it helps people think of the "BBQ" theme and make more sales. Parking lots don't exactly scream "hey, let's go get a hamburger!"

5 - the cruise itself was very well done, scenic.. even though the guys I were following got lost for a while. however, it would help if a few more "public" places were seen... it's an eye turner, and if a few cars had www.bimmercruise.com banners on them, well you've just got a whole lot of awesome free advertising.

6 - while the park was nice, and offered the nice indoor areas for vendors... the cars were not visible from public roads, which could really help with getting more people in there... not necessarily BMW owners, but people interested nonetheless. If it was off a major road, and there was a big banner on stakes in front of the show facing the road which said something to the effect of "Bimmercruise Car Show" in big letters... that would draw in a nice crowd.

7 - Advertise on forums where there would be an interested crowd. (i.e. VW and Audi forums)... just advertise the show part, not the actual cruise.. and be clear that they're there to spectate only... can't run their cars in the show. Spectators really make the event. And really, the more people that show (even to view) can potentially mean more $$$ sold from the BBQ, and for the promoters. The more spectators, the more companies would be interested in coming to advertise their magazines / products... which also helps add to the culture and provide publicity.

8 - free media advertising. there's that ricer tv show that comes on Saturdays... canadian based. they can come and do some video footage.. get the word out publically and have a few clips shown. lots of canadian car magazines that would be interested in coming to snap some pics, maybe feature a car or two. it'd be good to send out a mass notification to them about the event, and provide some photos of past events to ensure them this isn't a "mickey mouse" event.. but something big that could provide some good photo oportunities. All of this cascades to help make future cruises into bigger events. And bigger, in this case, is better.

9 - not much you can do about people fighting.. it happens. you just want to make sure that if anything does happen, you're not accountable. a disclaimer on the bimmercruise website could help in the future in case something more serious does happen. you never know... what if there was a serious accident on the premesis, at your event. make sure it's stated somewhere that people are really accountable for their own safety and belongings.

10 - as far as BBQing goes... you really only need one person, just need to learn how to half-cook the food and keep it on the warming tray until an order is placed, where it is finished off for the next 2 minutes or so. Being one step ahead is not enough, gotta be 10 steps ahead for these things. (I've helped host a lot of BBQ events in the past w/ professional caterers, this is usually how it's done.)

11 - the food (and especially water!) in a more visible place will help with sales too.

that's all I can think of now... but hope it helps some.
was nice meeting you too, btw.

Justin

Justin e36
07-18-2005, 03:12 AM
Also, why are people with very modded cars not entering? There were a bunch of beautiful cars there that decided not to enter, I don't get why. $20 isn't a lot I don't think.

I don't think everyone is there to enter... I know my car isn't done yet (in my eyes), so I'm there more to be a part of the atmosphere, and to check out the other cars. Also some people aren't sure if they'll be around, might have to leave early. Might be other reasons too though... but those are my excuses. (I left around 2pm and came back when you guys were closing up... I was the guy in the blacked out sedan that drove by you and waved on my way out...)

J

Justin e36
07-18-2005, 03:24 AM

some guy was making fun of this car that had these 1-spoke rims. i tried to defend the rims. I got beaten up. *sad*

http://geocities.com/supercycle001/CarStuff/Picture038.jpg

EMPOWERD
07-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Justin, thanks for the info. We advertised in more places then just forums. I distributed out almost 5000 flyers over the past month, including parts/service counters of 7 GTA-based BMW dealerships. I personally handed out approx 50 flyers to modified BMW owners just driving around the GTA and flyers were included in the BMWCC mailing of it's 400+ members through "snail mail" aswell. The event was in the Toronto Star Autodate column for the past month too. I think timing is everything, 2 extra months of advertising would probably do it.

Having the park off a "not so busy" road allows the busy cruise to come in all at once without disturbing the flow of traffic. I count on enthusiasts attending the event, not so much general public.... but every little bit helps I guess.

JazzM
07-18-2005, 09:28 AM
This was my first bimmercruise event that I attended. I personally liked it being staged at a park vs a parking lot which I heard was the previous setting. This allows for a lot more parking and you don't need to worry about leaving your car unlocked. I've met a lot of great people, saw a lot of wonderful cars and had a really nice time.

Judging though was a bit of a long wait, but I can understand that with such a number of cars. However close to 1/3rd of the cars/owners disappeared before the results were anounced???

I loved it when it was raining, hot and cool at the same time. But wiping the car 3 times over was not that much fun ;)

Great job all organizers and Bimmercruise staff for pulling of yet another successfull event! Randy, I think you'll need to clone yourself or something ;)

T.

Betray
07-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Great event, great show up, and nice cars!

-grass sucks, wet grass sucks.
-very hidden place (good and bad)
-not enough food choices, or places to go near by.
-awards took too long to begin.
-point system for cars
-More Prizes!!!!!!!
-7 series class (cancel luxury, cause that doesnt make sense!!!! :mad: lol)

btw that e30 M5 was killer, same with that alpina ...

all fun tho and really enjoyed it!

BMWF1
07-18-2005, 12:29 PM
No mention of the fight will be brought up, common guys grow up, me and jay took care of it within a few minutes nobody really saw anything anyway. GROW UP GUYS

Ital_325i
07-18-2005, 12:40 PM
My first Bimmer meet. Showed up around 2:00 or so, and there was some nice cars coming in and out of the entrance. Was with some buddies, saw lots of hot cars. Took a couple pics, will try to upload them tonight when Im at home.

About the show:

My cousin received a flyer/business card on his 92 M5, and he showed up. Him and his fiance came down, and he said he enjoyed it. So the flyers must have had an impact, ontop of my promoting skills :D

There should have been signs from the Winston Churchill to the meet area. Whether it be balloons, streamers, etc, it would have made it easier to find. Im sure some people may have gotten lost. Plus would have been more of a hype. Passer byers, might have taken interest, and swung by.

An indoor event may help in the event of poor weather, but as discussed, cost for it isn't worth it.

$20 show vs. $5 to park. I guess if you have a car worth showing its worth to pay $20, but I'm not paying $20 to park my stock 325i with a back seat full of stuff I had to haul back from the cottage.

Walked around, recognized some of the cars, EuroE30(Martin's) car looked sick, besides what we talked about :rolleyes: . Charlie's car looked good as always, right at the beginning of the line, where it should be. Some old 5/6 series looked very sweet. Only 1 vintage (yellow 2002), guess we know who won that class. The 850 had me drooling. Overall, was WELL worth the $5.

Wouldn't really change anything major, lil things may have helped. I noticed kids running around, and I don't think the music was suitable for them. They weren't lyrics of choice of parents there.

I was trying to track down some Max decals, but came up empty. :(

I thought it was a great meet, even though I was only there for about 45mins-1hr. *wave*

Miguel
07-18-2005, 01:48 PM
some guy was making fun of this car that had these 1-spoke rims. i tried to defend the rims. I got beaten up. *sad*

http://geocities.com/supercycle001/CarStuff/Picture038.jpg
why would you defend anyone stupid enough to put those half-retarded rims on their car?!?

Those kinda people are just BEGGING to have their asses whooped.

icu
07-18-2005, 05:08 PM
*th-up* Great event met some very interesting people , lots o hot cars and hot babes , need more! thanks to Jason for the bimmer cruise sticker , and whilst on the topic how do I get a max bimmer sticker ? thanks also to Chantel for the great pose in front of my car!! also to the chap beside me in his 325 for the tips on rear clear oem taillights. Lots of info for future mods to be had , everyone I talked with was full of ideas that wil help me in the pursuit of upgrading my 328.This event is for all of us who share the same marquie , dont let an incident like a fight overshadow this fine cruise. *th-up* oh yeah took the 401 to the event *no-no* never again what a mess,is this called a highway? 407 home nice smooth no traffic dont care what the cost , lock on cruise an chill. looking forward to next meet. *wave*

///Maluco
07-18-2005, 05:27 PM
*th-up* Thank you Randy and Bimmercruise staff for all your time and efforts in creating a gathering of Bimmer enthusiats.
I met a lot of people....unfortunately I forgot most of your names *sad* ...sooooorry.
I did appreciate all the kind comments on my old E12...THANK YOU!
Congratulations to all those that won. There were some great examples of clean and classy Bimmers on the lawn.

The cruise was great even though we drove through various rain clouds, but it was a very nice drive nonetheless.

BTW...I love the grass....so please don't change that!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/egrbgr/Bimmercruise%202005/DSC02054.jpg

SpoolinS6
07-18-2005, 05:39 PM
ok the only thing i didnt like was that this year ( didnt attend last year )
if bimmercruise was in a better area like 2 years ago close to the highway it would have gotten more attention but either at the show was realy great i liked it alot great show randy :)

hioctane
07-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Wouldn't really change anything major, lil things may have helped. I noticed kids running around, and I don't think the music was suitable for them. They weren't lyrics of choice of parents there.

agreed.

Zim Zimma
07-18-2005, 07:21 PM
I showed up at around 2:30 I would say with my father in his 2004 330iM (black).. We stayed about 30 mins just did a nice tour around looked at the cars. Would have liked to stayed longer, but none of my buddies could make it and my dad had to get back to some work. Wouldnt mind meeting some of the owners of the cars, found that majority of them weren't really around there cars. Just wanted to chat with some owners about some of the cars. One other issue I felt I could mention on is the music. Even though the main portion of people attendeing were fairly young ( Im 17 myself).. I found that the music that was being played was totally inappropriate. There were kids around and adults and I just dont think having snoop dawg go on about slapping bitches and hos etc. was neccessary.

Other then that great show.

BTW...Who is the owner of the 94 euro M3 with the bbs rims and several mods.(stunning car)

thinair
07-18-2005, 07:43 PM
BTW...Who is the owner of the 94 euro M3 with the bbs rims and several mods.(stunning car)

That would be Charlie's (Bimmersport) car. I love it, super clean, quick, rare, etc, etc.

V-Thang
07-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Justin, thanks for the info. We advertised in more places then just forums. I distributed out almost 5000 flyers over the past month, including parts/service counters of 7 GTA-based BMW dealerships. I personally handed out approx 50 flyers to modified BMW owners just driving around the GTA and flyers were included in the BMWCC mailing of it's 400+ members through "snail mail" aswell. The event was in the Toronto Star Autodate column for the past month too. I think timing is everything, 2 extra months of advertising would probably do it.

Yup he did advertise more than just the internet. When I was at my cousins shop a few weeks ago, I saw the postcards about the cruise... I was impressed about the cards... looked very professional!

Hopefully next year is as good if not better :)

Ital_325i
07-18-2005, 08:32 PM
*th-up* Great event met some very interesting people , lots o hot cars and hot babes , need more! thanks to Jason for the bimmer cruise sticker , and whilst on the topic how do I get a max bimmer sticker ? thanks also to Chantel for the great pose in front of my car!! also to the chap beside me in his 325 for the tips on rear clear oem taillights.

I believe your refering to me. I woulda chatted a bit longer, but my gf was getting a lil antsy. She loves cars, and bimmers, but she doesn't share the same level of passion for them as I do. Either way, if you can get those tailights for the price you mentioned, jump on them. I believe thats your car peaking into the picture. Next time tell her not to be so shy, and squeeze into the pic. *wiggle*

By the way, if someone could photoshop the civic out, and possibly whiteout the license plate that would be great(No hate to the civic owner).

JS328
07-18-2005, 10:28 PM
By the way, if someone could photoshop the civic out, and possibly whiteout the license plate that would be great(No hate to the civic owner).

Bye Bye Civic..

Just a quick photoshop.. let me know if you want this done with a higher quality picture for printing..

Joe

app
07-19-2005, 12:09 AM
you were the guy that had a backseat full of groceries? :D

Adriano
07-19-2005, 12:29 AM
I can't believe I missed another Bimmercruise! Dammit. Sorry guys, I was really looking forward to come. Damn parts didn't arive on time and I would have had to use "air brakes". Well, I guess I will be looking forward to next year. *sad*

colin1944
07-19-2005, 02:00 AM
This was my frst Bimmercruize and I have mixed emotions about whether I will be back next year. First big complaint was the music....inappropriate for that type of event. I'm not knocking anyones preference in music but if thats your style, keep it at home or in your car.

Grass is the best. Ashpalt is too hot. Great park, lousy location. Something a little more high traffic may have drawn in more spectators.

MORE FOOD and more choices. I think having a professional catering service would offer a larger selection and be on top of the supplies. You guys did a great job with what you had to work with but it was frustrating to have to wait. At least you weren't trying to rip us off with crazy prices.

Overall I had a good time and met some nice people. Certainly saw some interesting machinery and picked up a lot of great ideas.

Eurostyle
07-19-2005, 02:52 AM
This was my frst Bimmercruize and I have mixed emotions about whether I will be back next year. First big complaint was the music....inappropriate for that type of event. I'm not knocking anyones preference in music but if thats your style, keep it at home or in your car.

Grass is the best. Ashpalt is too hot. Great park, lousy location. Something a little more high traffic may have drawn in more spectators.

MORE FOOD and more choices. I think having a professional catering service would offer a larger selection and be on top of the supplies. You guys did a great job with what you had to work with but it was frustrating to have to wait. At least you weren't trying to rip us off with crazy prices.

Overall I had a good time and met some nice people. Certainly saw some interesting machinery and picked up a lot of great ideas.

Sorry to hear you have "mixed emotions" but:
What other type of music would be at a car show? CHUM FM?...
Food? This is a show, not a picnic...Most car shows have only a Pizza Pizza boot that charges $5 a slice!!! And the show was 5-10 min away fron most fast food places... :huh?:

Mitch555
07-19-2005, 03:04 AM
What other type of music would be at a car show? CHUM FM?

:D

I'm sorry but that was funny.

addikt
07-19-2005, 03:37 AM
it was a great meet... everything went well except for the waiting of the results... took a large chunk out of my life that i'll never get back [tear] =)

i want to know... who was that (professional) photographer that was walking around and are the pictures he was taking going to get posted anywhere?

Mitch555
07-19-2005, 03:40 AM
it was a great meet... everything went well except for the waiting of the results... took a large chunk out of my life that i'll never get back [tear] =)

i want to know... who was that (professional) photographer that was walking around and are the pictures he was taking going to get posted anywhere?

What did he look like? Cuz I got mistaken for a professional photagrapher atleast 5 times yesterday! :D

addikt
07-19-2005, 04:03 AM
Uhm... he had 2 camera's i believe... and he was sitting right at the front with the children while the awards were being handed out....

Mitch555
07-19-2005, 04:18 AM
Uhm... he had 2 camera's i believe... and he was sitting right at the front with the children while the awards were being handed out....

Oh okay! Not me!

colin1944
07-19-2005, 11:29 AM
A note to Eurostyle:

Maybe you need to go to more shows.

The music containing phrases about bitches, ho's and profanity are NOT what car shows are about. Children, wifes, girlfriends and most people with good taste should not be subjected to that kind of garbage. Car shows are for enthusiasts and families, not gang bangers. A sad commentary but I have never seen a fight at a car show either.

FOOD......put me in a field for 6 hours, request that I not take my car out of the show and YES, I would like to have some decent food and drink. Having a Pizza Pizza Booth or any other type of booth takes the pressure of the organizer and provides far more choices at no cost to the organizer.
Thanks for your comments and advertising your facility. I think I know where not to look for my BMW stuff.

Eurostyle
07-19-2005, 11:49 AM
A note to Eurostyle:

Maybe you need to go to more shows.

The music containing phrases about bitches, ho's and profanity are NOT what car shows are about. Children, wifes, girlfriends and most people with good taste should not be subjected to that kind of garbage. Car shows are for enthusiasts and families, not gang bangers. A sad commentary but I have never seen a fight at a car show either.

FOOD......put me in a field for 6 hours, request that I not take my car out of the show and YES, I would like to have some decent food and drink. Having a Pizza Pizza Booth or any other type of booth takes the pressure of the organizer and provides far more choices at no cost to the organizer.
Thanks for your comments and advertising your facility. I think I know where not to look for my BMW stuff.

ROFL....i think i have been to one or two car shows before this, to know what i'm talking about...

A lot of shows are not "family events", including activitys such as wet T-shirt contests (including nudity), burnout competitions etc...

In most indoor shows your car can not be moved from Thursday/Friday, till Sunday afternoon...so 6 hours was not a big deal...and as far as i know eveybody was free to leave as they pleased... :confused:

You should go to a few more events and see how it is....

BMW BMXer
07-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Fil at a show? Never! :D

punnzzells
07-19-2005, 12:56 PM
KUDOS to all the PEEPS & STAFF!!

I am a sponsor and I was pleased with the event. Somethings may need to be changed and somethings need to stay the way they are, but to start arguing over family values and poor taste vs. good taste is just dumb. Everyone has an opinion and the ORGANAIZERS and SPONSORS should be the only ones who have the final word. If you are not happy with the event, voice your opinions and concerns to the right people. If you are not pleased with the outcome, then be patient and understanding. Keeping in mind that the best interests of all are taken into consideration.

I know that the BIMMERCRUISE staff and organizers have a lot to deal with... not to mention that they give up their time to do this... not getting paid.

Grass.... if it was not raining... grass would not have been an issue.... I was reluctant at first to park on the grass too, but that's the event location and that's what it is... take it or leave it.

Show N' Shine.... I agree with Ryan, there should be some type of parking assigment... there should be a spot desiganted for the sponsors - in order to set up their booths, and spot for spectators, and then the show... but that was pretty much done already. The other item, which I did mention at the show, is that a lot of people did not know that you had to sign up for concourse or the other classes.... but that should be taken into consideration for all the cars in the show... speaking of concourse in praticular.

FIGHTS... fighting should get the sponsor, person, car, whatever ejected from the property and the show... PERIOD! There should be no need for fighting at the show... even if you can not stand someone for whatever reason... take it away from the show.... I heard it was over a girl.. of all things.. but not my business... nor the business of anyone at Bimmercruise. We are all equal at Bimmercruise cuz we are there to see BMW's and nothing else...

CARS... we need more cars... the rain sucks..... it pissed me off too .. i drove in from cottage country and had to do a full detail again on my car... but it's nature... who knows!

INDOOR VS. OUTDOOR.... if you guys want an indoor event, then the $20.00 to register is going to have to have another 0 added on the end of it... who's going to pay for a 40,000 SQ FT plus facility... RANDY??? SPONSORS?? I think not... I have been out to 4 out of 5 Bimmercruises and they improve each year. It is an ongoing battle for the organizers to please all the various peeps that come to these events. Be patient and remember... you didn't start BIMMERCRUISE....it's not your show... be thankful that the organizers are asking for feedback.

and on another note... at the Grand Tuner event ( Molson Indy ) there was swearing in the music too...( not saying that I agree with it) .. just an
FYI..

just my 2 pennies..

mike.

Amir PG
07-19-2005, 01:53 PM
i think in general the meet was great there was alot of ppl nice and just the weather and the fight was over one of te models there her boyfriend came and saw wat she was doing with some other guy but it was all good thanks randy for everything and if u guys still need some money to chip in for the flags just send PM i wanna chip in some money to0

colin1944
07-19-2005, 02:12 PM
ROFL....i think i have been to one or two car shows before this, to know what i'm talking about...

A lot of shows are not "family events", including activitys such as wet T-shirt contests (including nudity), burnout competitions etc...

In most indoor shows your car can not be moved from Thursday/Friday, till Sunday afternoon...so 6 hours was not a big deal...and as far as i know eveybody was free to leave as they pleased... :confused:

No doubt about it, and usually the participants are fully aware of the type of event they are attending. There is nothing wrong with those types of events but they are just not for me. Thirty years ago I would have been at the front of the pack, and probably still would be if the wife didn't have me on a short rien, for a wet T shirt contest. Unfortunately that is not what I associate with BMW enthusiasts. Guess I was wrong.

I have been to indoor shows and have literally had the car impounded for the weekend. I didn't drive the car to the show and depend on it for transportation to the donut shop or to get home.

Seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill here. It was a great event except for, in my opinion, the music. I don't care for every type of music but I don't find most types offensive. The folks at Bimmercruize did a great job and for the most part, as I stated earlier, I had a great time. If you don't like my opinion, tough.

BTW, I did state this was my first Bimmercruize but I have been attending car shows of all description both as a spectator and participant for forty years. Seems to me if anyone needs to get out more it is you.

Justin e36
07-19-2005, 02:22 PM

I agree... this was a BMW show. I would expect that a Jaguar, or Benz show would have more family friendly music... BMW should not be any different. These are luxury-sports cars and enthusiasts, not sport compacts.

Would also be nice if the sound system was a bit better... oddly the yellow civic in the corner sounded cleaner.

J

BMW_7
07-19-2005, 02:27 PM
I believe your refering to me. I woulda chatted a bit longer, but my gf was getting a lil antsy. She loves cars, and bimmers, but she doesn't share the same level of passion for them as I do. Either way, if you can get those tailights for the price you mentioned, jump on them. I believe thats your car peaking into the picture. Next time tell her not to be so shy, and squeeze into the pic. *wiggle*

Hey I think I parked on the right of you?? A green e36.....You had lotsa stuff in the backseat...

colin1944
07-19-2005, 03:01 PM

From BIMMERCRUIZE website...FAQ

Can I leave early? -- Not competitors. Emergency circumstances are acceptable, but with good reason. 4 hours is not that long to stick around.
Spectators are free to leave... in & out privilages are okay.

shimajer
07-19-2005, 03:09 PM
I like how you guys park on the sides during the Cruise so we can take a break from driving and take a pist loll

greco
07-19-2005, 04:30 PM
we still have time to squezze in one more bimmercruise this summer what are the chances of having two bimmercruises in one summer?

Ital_325i
07-19-2005, 04:31 PM
you were the guy that had a backseat full of groceries? :D

That was me, came back from a party weekend up at the cottage *par-t* , and was already running late, so I didn't even bother going home. I missed some cars I was looking forward to seeing such as Bliss' and Gamite's cars, but there were a few pics taken by other members.

JS328 thanx, for the pic. If you or anyone else who is bored, can make me a sig, that would be cool.

BMW_7, that was me, the car looks pretty good. I dunno if it was you or your friend who gave me the heads up on the clear corner quick fix. *th-up*

As for the music, you cant tailor to everyones taste, but the swearing should be eliminated. I listen to everything possible, but theres a time and place for everything. This is a BMW club, not an import scene/ricer scene, why should it be treated as one. BMW's are a classy breed from the 3 series to the 8 series, and everything in-between. I am proud to be a BMW driver because it shows more class and style and I think that the shows should be a representation of that. All in all, Im sure with all the comments, the organizers will make next years better. I'm looking forward to the next one.

thinair
07-19-2005, 04:45 PM
I like how you guys park on the sides during the Cruise so we can take a break from driving and take a pist loll

I'd pull over whenever I felt the group was getting split up (from stop signs and lights). But yeah, it's a nice time to rest and take a couple photos and stuff.