PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Alignment in Two months! Grr.

BiBimBap
07-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Are the roads in Toronto that bad? I aligned my car two months ago at IAC.. before then the steering wheel was about 15 degrees off center (left) Two months later and constant driving on the crapola 401, my steering is 15 degrees left from center again!

I don't remember hitting any potholes and I'm wondering if it's something other than the stupid pavement that's causing the constant misalignment. Control arms? Ball joints? Any ideas before I go for another alignment?

Ital_325i
07-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Was the car ever in an accident. Is the car lowered? Perhaps it time to be replacing some old worn out suspension parts.

bmdbley'sBro
07-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Perhaps it time to be replacing some old worn out suspension parts.

A good alignment shop is suppossed to check for play in things.
but if all they align is Na cars all day.. would they even spot it?

take it to a mech find out whats loose 1st!

BiBimBap
07-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Yeah, it's lowered. Got FK Coilovers on it..

I'm thinking I better do this all in one shot instead of letting one thing break every two weeks. However, I don't want to unnecessarily waste money on parts that don't need replacing.

I'll probably hit up Charlie and see what he thinks.

Justin e36
07-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Have all your bolts checked out. I recall a member going through the same thing... kept going out of alignment. Turns out he must've curbed the car or something and partially stripped one of the bolts. Not enough to cause play when checking the parts, but enough soo after driving for a while the bolt will loosen up and the alignment would go off.

BiBimBap
07-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Hmm.. haven't curbed anything as my polished lip on my rims are still pristine... dag.. i know it's gonna happen again..