PDA

View Full Version : Help with angel eye headlights

Calvé
07-07-2005, 11:43 PM
I'm looking to buy these angel eye headlights (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7983647069&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1) on eBay. They're from the States so I'm kind of worried of how these will work on my bimmer.

I'm wondering how the rings work. Where do they plug into and how do they work/are they always on. I got 3 switches for my lights, daytime, night time and fog lights where the headlights turn off. If I put it on the fog light setting will the angel eyes still be lit up? Here's some extra information the guy sent me through e-mail.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your email. You will need to wire the halo
rings to the park lights.

thank you
gforceusa

> >Dear customer,
> >
> >Thanks for your email. BMW E36 projector headlights
> >use H7 for low beam. Light bulbs will not be
> included
> >with the package.
> >
> >Thank you
> >Gforceusa

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

app
07-07-2005, 11:49 PM
they look pretty ricey. I'd check into depo's with dde's from understeer or umnitza. Better quality and probably a lot better service.

I just installed DDE Titanium's, and basically its all powered by these little black boxes (ballasts) that are hooked up in your hi-beam housing. You splice off your side blinkers power and run a wire to the power wire of the ballast. That powers em up, and because its a corner light, they're on all the time, even when its in the fog light setting.

The only bitch was using some silicone stuff to glue the rings to the glass and then the glass to the inner housing.

Calvé
07-08-2005, 12:03 AM
they look pretty ricey. I'd check into depo's with dde's from understeer or umnitza. Better quality and probably a lot better service.

I just installed DDE Titanium's, and basically its all powered by these little black boxes (ballasts) that are hooked up in your hi-beam housing. You splice off your side blinkers power and run a wire to the power wire of the ballast. That powers em up, and because its a corner light, they're on all the time, even when its in the fog light setting.

The only bitch was using some silicone stuff to glue the rings to the glass and then the glass to the inner housing.
I like the way they look man. My bimmer's sporty, has performance upgrades and full body kit, I think it'd look good on my ride.

Anyways thanks for the help, I'm thinking I'll probably need to do the same thing you did some what.

Anyone else know anything more about how these lights would set-up/work?

Calvé
07-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Sorry for the double post, but if I had to do this that would mean my side blinkers wouldn't work right?

ClayMan
07-12-2005, 11:08 AM
not so. you'd be splicing into the parking lights (or foglights, or wherever you want, depending on the functionality desired).. not cutting into them

AMI Motorsports
07-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Check out our website for other options www.amimotorsports.com

Calvé
07-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Nice, thanks for the info. This is a huge headache for me. I'm getting my car painted a custom red colour and I don't know what kind of angel eyes to get. Both have +'s and -'s for the chrome and black headlights. What I really want to do is paint the inside of the headlights the same colour of my car when I take it to the shop. But I can't find any lights that I could do this too without having to pull a major operation on brand new headlights, something I don't really wanna do...

Anybody know of any angel eye headlights that have a detachable face plate so I could get into the housing of the lights and paint it red?

Justin e36
07-16-2005, 05:53 PM
your turn signals will still work because you're only tapping into them (splicing), not cutting them completely.

If you wire up to your foglights, then only when you turn your fogs on, will they come on.

However, in both of these instances the angels are using another circuit. If they're high powered angel eyes, this can cause blown fuses, burnt wires, even a fire hazard.

The proper way to wire up your angel eyes would be with a relay an an inline fuse.

The relay has a "trigger" which is wired up to your fogs or turn signals. When they turn on, the relay tells the angel eyes to turn on.. where it draws power straight from your battery. An inline fuse ensures the circuit is not drawing too much power or shorting out.

J