PDA

View Full Version : What corner lights are these? JDMish..

Rod
07-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know the name of these corners??? *wiggle*

http://www.alfaotto.com/products/BM9236-9942CLX.JPG

Plus, where can I buy them in Canada?

Any pics of your ride with these?

I searched on Max and found only rants about those ugly big one-piece headlights and corners. :D

Thanks.

Rod

Ital_325i
07-07-2005, 06:05 PM
JDM would be for a japanese car. These are GDM(german domestic market) :D

Anyways, I belive those are projector corner lenses. IMO, they dont look good with stock headlights, that is if your putting it on your ride shown in your sig. By the way, thats a sweet looking vert.

Rod
07-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Have you seen anyone on the board with these GDM corners???

Justin e36
07-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Yes, I know a cool dude with them... his name on here is Justin e36.
They're Generation III Depo corners.

However, don't plan on putting xenon bulbs in there.. the cap in the middle of plastic and it WILL melt. Regular bulbs are fine. If you want to put xenons you'll have to remove the chrome plated cap.

keven
07-08-2005, 07:02 PM
well justin considering you have these got a pic of them on your car i would like to see wat they look like thanx *wave*

Justin e36
07-08-2005, 10:32 PM
keven, you asked just in the nick of time. I just picked up the paint today, I was going to tint them black tomorrow morning. :o .. I'll see if I can grab a camera and take a pic for you...

Rampage
07-08-2005, 10:35 PM
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56294

Justin e36
07-08-2005, 10:48 PM
Rampage, those corners are different.. those are Gen II not Gen III. Those are just a circle chrome reflector... but the bulb is exposed and looks kinda silly if you put a xenon hyper white bulb in there. The Gen III in the above picture is crystal cut and has caps over the bulbs. The Gen II's in the link are diamond cut, and the chrome part is smaller. I just don't like how the bulb is exposed in those... looks "unfinished" when you can see the bulb just sticking out.. especially when the lights are on. But that's just my preference. (I used to have the Gen II's. I've also had all crystal cut chromeys (in my sig), blacked out, ambers, and regular clears.

Luckily, I remember I have an old pic from around 2 yrs ago where you can see them.

They look OK but on a blacke dout car like mine it's a little too much bling, hence why I'm blacking them out tomorrow.

Rampage
07-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Rampage, those corners are different.. those are Gen II not Gen III.

sorry, my bad

Ital_325i
07-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Have you seen anyone on the board with these GDM corners???

GDM was a joke, its not really refered to as that. Whats wrong with the clears? I like the look of the clear OEM looking corners and tails over all these aftermarket and fancy stuff.

Justin e36
07-09-2005, 09:56 AM
GDM was a joke, its not really refered to as that. Whats wrong with the clears? I like the look of the clear OEM looking corners and tails over all these aftermarket and fancy stuff.

I guess it's a battle to be different. Everyone has stock, so you change your car a bit to look different...... but then the change you make ends up looking like everyone else's car still, even after dropping cash down. So you look for something a little different or start bastardizing your own products.

I agree with you, the clear looking OEM corners look pretty good on the e36's... but, for me... I just want to swap things up and make something unique without being too wild. Hence why I'm smoking these lights now... should look OK and not too off.

Ital_325i
07-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Your absolutely right, Im all about uniqueness. But theres people who mod cars and are different in a good way, and those who try to be unique, and make their car look like a rice burner. The lights are not my cup of tea, and I'm in no way saying that they are ugly, just something I wouldn't do. By smoking them, they may appeal to me a bit more, be sure to post some pics of them finished, as I'm curious to see the results.

All the E36 model all have something unique about them. The cabrio has obviously the missing roof with the longer taillights and corner lenses, as do the coupes, and the sedans have that more boxy, rugged look to them.

spooner_dee
07-12-2005, 02:29 PM
I guess it's a battle to be different. Everyone has stock, so you change your car a bit to look different...... but then the change you make ends up looking like everyone else's car still, even after dropping cash down. So you look for something a little different or start bastardizing your own products.

I agree with you, the clear looking OEM corners look pretty good on the e36's... but, for me... I just want to swap things up and make something unique without being too wild. Hence why I'm smoking these lights now... should look OK and not too off.

HEY!!!!

i WANNA SEE PICS AFTER YOU BLACK THEM OUT

K?

thank you
:huh?: