PDA

View Full Version : question about e36 M's and 328's (looking to PURCHASE)

fukenricen
07-07-2005, 01:20 AM
sorry for all the questions about cabbys and e36's but i just want to make sure i know my stuff before i head towards the purchase of a bmw.Right now the car might be sold well i hope it is by this week or next and i looked up a few e36's first off i was told by a few people that the insurance would be cheaper then my ricerocket because the bmw is a safer car which is true but at the same time i can just pull some strings and u know the deal but aside from that i was told to go with an obd 1 setup e36 instead of the 96and up?right or wrong

i found a 95m it has about 140,000km and is going for i think it was going for about the 15grand mark.sounds good if so what should i look for in that car?

Another car i found was a 328 with about 98km full m bumpers and add ons now the car is going for 16grand.good buy or should i just save that money and buy the M.

thanx for your help guys and sorry once again for all the questions.

thinair
07-07-2005, 01:31 AM
There was no 95 M3 in Canada, so it's a US car. The 94's were Euro Spec, then in 97 is when we actually started to get production M3's.

Make sure the M3 has no accidents, and that it's 140,000km, and not 140,000 miles.

fukenricen
07-07-2005, 01:44 AM
ahh thanx for the heads up i just found out it is in miles dam.

thinair
07-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Yeah, 225,000km is on the high side. Especially on a car you know had to have got beaten.

propr'one
07-07-2005, 03:32 PM
There's no real advantage from ODB1 other than you can use the pedal trick to get the error codes from the OBC. ODB2 however is easier to interface with computers, so you can hook your laptop up to your car and get a bunch of info that doesn't help you in any way, but makes you look very cool.

by the way, please try to use periods, or at least commas in your questions. it makes it very hard to read if you do not use at least somewhat correct puctuation. :D