PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

Mclarenbenz
07-05-2005, 02:20 AM
Ok boys, im seriously considering an exhaust system.

anyone here have any suggestions? Supersprint, Dinan.... whats the best bang for the buck.

O.S.
07-05-2005, 07:56 AM
exhaust gives you nothing but the sound. so you have to choose which one you like the best. I like supersprint.

///Greco540
07-05-2005, 09:32 AM
exhaust gives you nothing but the sound. so you have to choose which one you like the best. I like supersprint.

I beg to differ. A properly set up exhaust on the 540 can easily yield 2 handfuls of hp, more easily if the car is already equipped with performance software. Personally Dinan is a little overpriced. You have Eisenmann, Supersprint, Scorpion, GPower (my favorite). You are looking though close to if not over $1000cdn for a system.

O.S.
07-05-2005, 09:46 AM
well , I have software from MarkD, and I used to have supersprint exhaust with resonators removed - as per supersprint specification. I got an amazing sound but i actually lost some kick in the low end because of decreased back pressure. The gains at the high end were questionable.
but when I was buing it - I knew that I would be getting myself a very beautifully sounding exhaust.

Paul540/m3
07-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Throtle response is also increased with the use of an aftermarket exhaust.

Mclarenbenz
07-06-2005, 01:06 AM

Do you have supersprint exhaust in your car now?

I don't see it on your mod list, thats why I ask.

O.S.
07-06-2005, 11:07 AM
I sold it when I needed money ....
my biggest regret :*(

Fern
07-06-2005, 11:11 PM
I beg to differ. A properly set up exhaust on the 540 can easily yield 2 handfuls of hp, more easily if the car is already equipped with performance software. Personally Dinan is a little overpriced. You have Eisenmann, Supersprint, Scorpion, GPower (my favorite). You are looking though close to if not over $1000cdn for a system.

Well, I have to respectfully disagree to some degree. Exhaust can free up hp which would otherwise have been restricted by backpressure...

That said, if you view the engine as a pump, you have to take in more before you can expell more... Exhaust combined with intake mods, ie CAI or supercharger combined with software and then exhaust, yes... will yield more hp... The question is how much more does exhaust account for on a stock engine ??? I have heard more complain of reduced hp numbers as a result of exhaust changes to the stock exhaust... Now if you want to discuss sound, that's a different story.

Personally I have heard the Remus exhaust with the resonator replaced with a mandrell bent straight pipe and must agree the car was talking with a German accent.

Just my $.02

BTW Bill, no hard feelings I hope,

Cheers,

Fern