PDA

View Full Version : E36 window spoiler ACS style

Eurostyle
06-30-2005, 11:21 AM
This is a replica of the ACS style window spoiler for 4 door E36 ONLY...Comes in black and need prime and paint only. Regular price is $100 now on sale for $75.

Eurostyle
06-30-2005, 11:23 AM
one more....

FLIPbmw
07-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Hi, Info on the spoiler... How does it attach to the window? Is the product quality good, smooth edges and perfect curve to hug the window? How much is shipping and is there tax?

Justin e36
07-01-2005, 11:22 PM
you will need to silicone or double side tape it to your window... I highly recommend silicone, since if the wind catches under it, the double sided tape will pry right off and it'll fly off.

usually it turns out so it properly hugs the roof line, but the vertical curve is usually warped a bit... (i.e. too much curve, or not enough curve.) But the fibreglass is flexible. When you attach it, just hold it down properly with some (read) green masking tape. holding the sides and the centre flush... leave it overnight. The next morning you can remove the tape and tada... a perfectly fitting roof spoiler. (you can even see in the picture, they held it down with clear tape.)

If you use green masking tape, make sure you don't park under the hot sun.. indoors or put it on in the evening and remove the tape in the morning.. otherwise the heat will melt some of the glue and you'll have to use some wax remover or a little paint thinner to remove the glue from your paint.

Fil... tell me if I missed anything?

Justin

p.s. I have an one of these original ACS roof spoilers on my car... even it did not fit the curve perfect... still needed to be taped down. But it fits perfect, even gaps and everything. For $75, that's a steal as long as you don't mind fibreglass... if you like how it looks, I definately think you should consider grabbing it.

FLIPbmw
07-01-2005, 11:33 PM
humm I thaught it was like abs plastic. Whats wrong/or good with fiber glass?

Justin e36
07-02-2005, 02:50 AM
I'll let fil answer that one... he's the fibreglass expert...

Eurostyle
07-05-2005, 11:11 AM
humm I thaught it was like abs plastic. Whats wrong/or good with fiber glass?

Some are ABS some are fiberglass...The original is very expensive, a good replica will be just as nice only 1/2 to 1/3 of the price. Both install the same way (with silicone), and it is very rare that it can get damaged (its on the roof, you cant hit curbs with it!!!)...

SebSter
07-05-2005, 01:41 PM
when's the e30 one coming??

Eurostyle
07-05-2005, 04:55 PM
when's the e30 one coming??

I'm going to europe in 2 weeks, i'll do my best to find one this time!

Eurostyle
09-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Bump!