PDA

View Full Version : think i found the problem

spooner_dee
06-15-2005, 07:34 PM
Ok so the rattle in my suspension wasnt fixed when the lower control arm bushings were replaced. which puzzeld me and frustrated me so after bugging my friend to take a look and find out what it is... he never did.

so i looked my self and i think i found the problem. i took some pics and see if you guys agree. i think its the sway bar bushings they look fuked to me. also a rubber boot on my driver side strut looks fuked too. take a look and tell me what u think.

btw sorry for the blurryness. my good camera isnt workin so i had to use my not good one lol *uzi* (camera)

bmdbley'sBro
06-15-2005, 08:05 PM
The 1st & 2nd pics look normal & almost new!
they have to have those cuts so you can slip them
onto the anti-sway bar.

bad bushings look dry with cracks in them.

If theres no oil leaking out of that "dust cover"
chances are the actual strut is not leaking...

does the rattle only happen when the cars on driving?
or can you push on the corners & hear it..?

c

spooner_dee
06-15-2005, 09:52 PM
only when im driving, at low speeds, if i hit small bumps it feels almost lose (the steering) then at high speeds 80 and over, if i turn to the right (changing lanes) u feel the shaking in the steering wheel no fluids under car at all

bmdbley'sBro
06-15-2005, 10:56 PM
could be rear control arm bushing for the front cntrl arms
also might be ball joints or worn out tie-rods too..

when you take a right alll the load gets put on the left of the car..

thinair
06-15-2005, 11:12 PM
If both control arm bushings were replaced, check your ball joints (inner and outer), tie rods, and strut mounts.

sthomas
06-16-2005, 10:20 AM
You can also check the sway bar endlinks. They will make bumping noises (quite loud actually) as well. Mine are a little loose and make all kinds of noise at the front :)

spooner_dee
06-19-2005, 09:11 PM
spanks for the info, when i can ill jack her up and poke some more.... :eek:

blown
06-20-2005, 10:53 PM
I had a noise similar to that in my rear shock, it turned out that the actual rear strut ripped out of the actual socket that it is being held by and what hiting the inner fender area while driving, the driving conditions were horrible right away

jeffrie
06-21-2005, 12:57 AM
That's never hapened to me or abyone I know ^^. Would think that wold be super obvious though and unrelated.