PDA

View Full Version : For those with coilovers on your e36, got a question for ya !

WASABI
06-13-2005, 10:49 AM
How many times have you adjusted the height since you got the coilovers ? When adjusting the rears, do you take out the spring/perch or leave them in there?

ChahalzBMR
06-13-2005, 11:29 AM
I adjust my front once a year. I find that it sits lower as time passes. Just today in fact I noticed some rubbing and have to raise the front. I had these wheels on since May and no rubbing, all of a sudden there is rubbing now. :confused:

app
06-13-2005, 01:52 PM
The front height I adjusted lower as I miscounted the threads on the one side.

The rear height I've adjusted twice (6 threads from bottom first time, all the way down the second), and I might take out the adjusters just to see if it goes any lower. But I'm still debating.

pss coilovers here.

T-spec
06-13-2005, 08:22 PM
How many times have you adjusted the height since you got the coilovers ? When adjusting the rears, do you take out the spring/perch or leave them in there?
I leave them in, jack up the hole back end and drop both shocks, adjust to desired height, bake for 20 min and bolt it all back up.

Mystikal
06-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Not an E36, but I've probably tinkered with each axle about 8 times each since I installed them last Spring.

WASABI
06-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the feedback. A little surprised about the sagging though.