PDA

View Full Version : Solo1 Weekend - Some Carnage.

addbhp
09-17-2002, 03:07 PM
Well the Solo 1 season is completed, and out of 8 events I attended, I had 7 1st and 1 3rd in my class....not too bad for a 1.8l, 11 year old car. Unfortunately with the scoring being on best 8 of 12 events, and a complex % based scoring system, sometimes dependant on how many competitors showed up, I finished 2nd in my class, and 13th overall out of 125 competitors.

Congratulations to Rob McCauley who managed to squeak by me to finish 1st in our class in his 328is.

Still managed to recieve a trophy on Sunday's event for fastest in class and most points of the event, based on winning your class and most consistant times of all competitors. Apparently between my fastest time and my worst time was only .1 of a second.

Sadly the day was not without drama, and my heart goes out to Greg who lost control of his DECH Mustang in the wet and likely ended up writting off the car. Although some parts are likely savagable, my heart still goes out to him.

addbhp
09-17-2002, 03:09 PM
The first picture shows the good side. From what I saw in the control tower (Directly above) the back end came around under braking at Fabi's turn one, slide sideways, likely at 90-110km/hr just past the marshal station, and took out 40 ft of guardrail on the passenger side.

addbhp
09-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Thankfully Greg had a full cage, which allowed him to walk away. But with such an impact and the cage holding up, the floor and roof were rippled as was the drivers side from the stress.

addbhp
09-17-2002, 03:14 PM
Again, I wish Greg all the best to recoup some of his investment, as this car was very well prepared and certainly the motor looked mint cobra.

addbhp
09-17-2002, 03:15 PM
And on the positive side, here's me going into turn three on the Protrack on Saturday.

KIRASIR
09-17-2002, 03:19 PM
This is really sad, although, it does look like the front is intact. So he could probably always cut the front off and weld on the back from a junked car. It's not a small project but it's pretty doable.

SL

tlaselva
09-19-2002, 11:33 AM
Good to hear the driver made it out ok. *th-up*
Broken metal is easy to replace &/or fix than bones.

So long the engine's fine, it won't be to bad.
Late '80 model Mustang are cheap without an engine, if he can find one. More the labour involved in transplanting his good parts over.

M50E30
09-19-2002, 08:24 PM
OUCH! Glad he is ok! Now i'm definatly getting that roll cage now! Well I hope you come back to the track and have good luck with another car.

Dave
*th-up*

Shotta
09-21-2002, 07:20 PM
that kinda crash is a bmw drivers worst nightmare!

M50E30
09-21-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Shotta
that kinda crash is a bmw drivers worst nightmare!

A BMW drivers nightmare?!?! I would have to say any drivers nightmare!

Shotta
09-21-2002, 09:05 PM
lol i stand corrected!