PDA

View Full Version : e34 questions

northern_bmw
06-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Hey everybody, just bought a 1992 535i (my second bmw, used to have an '88 528e), and i just have to say bmw's are the greatest cars in the world aren't they? Anyway, I have three questions.

1. when the car is running, a sound eminates from the rear of the car, sounds like an airleak, i am thinking either a gas tank pressurization problem, or air suspension leak/adjustment. i let it idle once for 10min and the sound did not stop...does anyone have any thoughts on this?

2. this may sound stupid, but how can i tell for sure if i have auto-levelling suspension or not?

3. does anyone know of a good Canadian based OEM/aftermarket parts distributor, something similar to bavarian autosport but based in canada?

Gamite
06-05-2005, 11:22 PM
1. I have the sound too, some say its a failing fuel pump

2. You don't have auto-leveling, its only on the M5 and the touring.

3. PM bimmersport for aftermarket parts.

G535i
06-07-2005, 09:20 AM
I think it is the fuel pump too, my 535i does it.
Have you tried Bruno at racingking.ca for parts?

crusher
06-07-2005, 11:08 AM
1. I had the same issue too with my old e30, never figured it out but i was told that they replaced the fuel pump.

2. THe M535 doesn't come with adaptive suspension so the only way you can have it is if you have a M540 which pretty much have the same suspension setup as the M5.

3. pm bimmersport

Gamite
06-07-2005, 01:50 PM
1. I had the same issue too with my old e30, never figured it out but i was told that they replaced the fuel pump.

2. THe M535 doesn't come with adaptive suspension so the only way you can have it is if you have a M540 which pretty much have the same suspension setup as the M5.

3. pm bimmersport

you don't want self leveling anyways, it costs an arm and a leg to replace, you're better off just going aftermarket.

crusher
06-07-2005, 02:52 PM
you don't want self leveling anyways, it costs an arm and a leg to replace, you're better off just going aftermarket.

true.. aftermarket is the way to go.. thats what i'm doing when the e34 arrives :)