PDA

View Full Version : Orange Marker Light Removal

tlaselva
09-17-2002, 12:07 PM
I've just about had it with those orange marker lights on the front bumper on the E46 M3. Attempted to take them off last night to get them painted, but they didn't want to co-operate.
Anyone know the proper way to remove these marker lenses?

TIA *th-up*

Gamite
09-17-2002, 01:01 PM
Why not get clear ones?

Jon@Bimmersport
09-17-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
Why not get clear ones?

woah whos ugly lookin car is that??? lol

tlaselva...i'd say get the clear 1s..it saves a lot of work and sometimes if not done right, headaches. plus it doesnt look nice upclose most of the time.

Bliss
09-17-2002, 08:40 PM
It was sort of a pain to take them off. I took an old creditcard and sort of wedged it as best as i could between the lenses and the bumper. After i peeled it off as much as i could, i stuck a flathead screwdriver on top of some cloth(so i don't scratch the paint) and took the rest off. Although i still ended up shattering one into a million pieces, so be careful. Good luck.

tlaselva
09-17-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Bliss
It was sort of a pain to take them off. I took an old creditcard and sort of wedged it as best as i could between the lenses and the bumper. After i peeled it off as much as i could, i stuck a flathead screwdriver on top of some cloth(so i don't scratch the paint) and took the rest off. Although i still ended up shattering one into a million pieces, so be careful. Good luck.

Thanks for the info.
Give it a go tonight.

Maybe you guys are right, I may go with clear reflectors instead of painting them. The painted ones would likely look cheezy up close.