PDA

View Full Version : Whaaaaaaaa???

Bob Loblaw
06-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Just came back from Crappy Tire to get an alignment. After a couple of hours, I went to the desk to ask a question. The guy says: "Oh yeah, I wanted to talk to you. We don't do alignments on BMW's. Sorry 'bout that". I asked why and he wasn't too sure. He thinks they don't have the specs, or something... They didn't even look at the car. Dweebs.

Anyways, do any of you have an idea where I could get an alignment, other than the $tealer?

Drew_328IS
06-04-2005, 11:07 AM
go to frisby tire

Furious
06-04-2005, 01:20 PM
active green and ross? you guys must have those.

sjinto
06-04-2005, 03:10 PM
find a reputable wheel and tire shop

oldskool3
06-04-2005, 05:59 PM
active green and ross? you guys must have those.

Nope never heard of it.

After a couple of hours, I went to the desk to ask a question. The guy says: "Oh yeah, I wanted to talk to you. We don't do alignments on BMW's. Sorry 'bout that". I asked why and he wasn't too sure. He thinks they don't have the specs, or something... They didn't even look at the car. Dweebs.

Idiots they waited a couple of hours to tell you. Thats why I never go to Crappy tire anymore. Ive known some people that worked there and they were complete idiots that I would not trust with my bike never mind my car.

You should try Frisby Al Ive taken a couple cars there not sure if any have been BMW but they are always honest and professional. Even once telling a friend of mine it was not necessary for him to get an alignment after getting it on the lift and charged him nothing.

chromius
06-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Just came back from Crappy Tire to get an alignment. After a couple of hours, I went to the desk to ask a question. The guy says: "Oh yeah, I wanted to talk to you. We don't do alignments on BMW's. Sorry 'bout that". I asked why and he wasn't too sure. He thinks they don't have the specs, or something... They didn't even look at the car. Dweebs.

Anyways, do any of you have an idea where I could get an alignment, other than the $tealer?

What idiots...That's why I would never let those people touch my car.

Duss Brothers Motors, on Richmond rd. The only do strictly BMW, they really know what they are doing. A little expensive, but still cheaper than the dealership, he will take the care to do it right, and he will only charge you the actual time it took them to do it.

Personnaly I don't like frisby tire, I brought my car there for a balance once, and they used a friggin impact gun to put my wheel bolts back on instead of a proper tourque wrench, ended up warping my rotors. And those bolts were a pain to take back off.

M50E30
06-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Just a heads up!

Not every place will do an alignment on BMW's or Mercedes. They need to put weight in and tied down properly.

bmdoubleya
06-05-2005, 10:32 AM
What idiots...That's why I would never let those people touch my car.

Duss Brothers Motors, on Richmond rd. The only do strictly BMW, they really know what they are doing. A little expensive, but still cheaper than the dealership, he will take the care to do it right, and he will only charge you the actual time it took them to do it.

Personnaly I don't like frisby tire, I brought my car there for a balance once, and they used a friggin impact gun to put my wheel bolts back on instead of a proper tourque wrench, ended up warping my rotors. And those bolts were a pain to take back off.

Duss has really old stuff dont go there..

bmdoubleya
06-05-2005, 10:35 AM
I cant belive you let crappy tire people even touch your car..

You have PM

Nascar318is
06-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Al, come down to Buck and Jay will do it for $60 cash. He did mine....let me know.

bmdoubleya
06-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Al, come down to Buck and Jay will do it for $60 cash. He did mine....let me know.

My guy does it in Aylmer for $40 cash.

Lee in Ottawa
06-05-2005, 05:59 PM
My guy does it in Aylmer for $40 cash.
Hey Dave we saw ya when we picked up Jesses 320 from beni auto. What were u havin done to ur car at monster garage

bmdoubleya
06-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Hey Dave we saw ya when we picked up Jesses 320 from beni auto. What were u havin done to ur car at monster garage

I go to the place next to monster garage. I had my valves adjusted :)

chromius
06-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Duss has really old stuff dont go there..

dosn't matter if the equipment is old or new as long as you know how to use it. :P

He did mine after I lowered it, and it was bang on. He also replaced some bushings for free while he was in there.

Bob Loblaw
06-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Great, guys. Thanks for all the info!

bmdbley'sBro
06-06-2005, 08:29 AM
dosn't matter if the equipment is old or new as long as you know how to use it. :P

He did mine after I lowered it, and it was bang on.

Truth....

that Rudy is a super euro freak :D
the guys that work there all know their ish too *th-up*

Bob Loblaw
06-06-2005, 09:06 PM
By the way, I went to Crappy Tire because they're open on Saturdays and are close by.

Lesson learned. Again. *shiner*

The Sly
06-06-2005, 09:35 PM

How about Kerry Burk in Buckingham 281-9562

Bob Loblaw
06-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Does he have the equipment to do alignments, though?

And is he open on Saturdays?

aziz
06-06-2005, 10:05 PM
alain, call shawn @commercial tire on startop, did mine there for $89.....let him know i sent u.

edit: i think they are booking for sat...744 1100.

they adjusted negatve camber on my car for free :D

Bob Loblaw
06-06-2005, 10:07 PM
$89? That's a little steep, isn't it?

aziz
06-06-2005, 10:16 PM
i know another pace for 59...lil dirty though.

aziz
06-06-2005, 10:18 PM
btw...crappy tire starts at 49/59 i think....but by the time they do some adjustments, u'd pay 100+ taxes in. happened to me....nobody warned me.

jeffrie
06-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Quebec labour is cheaper then Ontario hense the $$ difference for gerages.

Nascar318is
06-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Does he have the equipment to do alignments, though?

And is he open on Saturdays?

I don't know about Kerry but I know Jay could probably swing you in on a Saturday...

Bob Loblaw
06-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Thanks again for all the help, guys. I'll be dropping the car off tomorrow night at Kerry Burke's place and they'll work on it Thursday.

Nascar318is
06-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Need a ride home? Or you feel like doing something?

Slowered318
06-07-2005, 11:41 AM
they adjusted negatve camber on my car for free :D

i doubt that is possible on E30's

Bob.. It doesn't take any special equipment to do a front end alignment on an e30.. the only adjustment is the toe via the tie rods on the rack. so even an old school alignment shop can take care of that (it should never cost more then $50-$60) It can even be done in the comfort of your own driveway with some patience.. just make shure where you go they don't center the wheel by pulling it off.. center your rack then put the steering wheel on top dead and mark it with some calk so you can tell if they took the steering wheel off.

after all you don't want thoes tires rubbin in parking lots cause some shop took a short cut

Bob Loblaw
06-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Need a ride home? Or you feel like doing something?

Thanks for the offer. Kerry said he'll lend me a car, so it's all good. I don't think I wont't be able to stay in Buckyland, though. Thanks anyways.

Bob Loblaw
06-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Bob.. It doesn't take any special equipment to do a front end alignment on an e30.. the only adjustment is the toe via the tie rods on the rack. so even an old school alignment shop can take care of that (it should never cost more then $50-$60)

That's what I figured. That's why I found it odd that Crappy Tire couldn't do it...

just make shure where you go they don't center the wheel by pulling it off.. center your rack then put the steering wheel on top dead and mark it with some calk so you can tell if they took the steering wheel off.

after all you don't want thoes tires rubbin in parking lots cause some shop took a short cut

Didn't think of that. Thanks for the heads up!

Nascar318is
06-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the offer. Kerry said he'll lend me a car, so it's all good. I don't think I wont't be able to stay in Buckyland, though. Thanks anyways.

Hahaha you're probablly going to get the greenish "mercury topaz" Frank with the Lex had it....funny as shit....it's a topaz but it's got a mercury trunk...

Give me a shout if you wanna stop by and check out my ride.. :P

Bob Loblaw
06-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Sweeeeeet! A Topaz! Is it the rare Sport Edition?? :)

Still better than walking from Buckingham to Gatineau, though. :P

bmdoubleya
06-07-2005, 02:49 PM
684-1010 for your alignment the owner is George.. It's on the corner of vanier & Vernon Right near euro parts.. *th-up*

oldskool3
06-09-2005, 12:58 AM
^^^ Isn't that Beni auto man. He's my mechanic awesome guy and super cheap. If so the owner is Beni I thought that George worked for him. *wave*

bmdoubleya
06-09-2005, 04:37 PM
^^^ Isn't that Beni auto man. He's my mechanic awesome guy and super cheap. If so the owner is Beni I thought that George worked for him. *wave*

You might be right..

Bmwstylz
06-09-2005, 05:03 PM
For future reference - Luisitania? Collision shop on Richmond in Westboro does good alignments...

So are you driving this:???

http://img123.echo.cx/img123/3909/crapola3lu.jpg

Bob Loblaw
06-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Nope, it was an old Jetta. Smelled a bit funky and the windshield was cracked from one side to the other, but it was fine with me.

The E30's fixed (it had a few more issues that we taken care of). It drives great now and I'm a happy man!

Thanks for all your suggestions, guys. I appreciate it.