PDA

View Full Version : Headlight conversion question

Andy
01-15-2002, 08:35 PM
Ok guys I posted this on another board and I couldn't get a straight forward answer. I have a 325ci without the Xenons. What do I have to do to properly install FACTORY BMW Xenons?? Can I do this??

Any ideas??? Anyone have experience doing this???

Your help is greatlly appreciated. :)

azn330i
01-15-2002, 08:38 PM
i think you would have to change the whole light, because the regulars and xenons have totally different assemblies

correct me if i'm wrong, because i dunno if i'm rite here

Bliss
01-15-2002, 09:00 PM
I would also think that you would have to change a lot of things. If you were to buy the assembly then you would have no problems and would be a simple swap. You would have to connect the balasts and all that. I doubt that they sell everything seperate, and if they do it would probably come out to be cheaper if you bought the whole assembly.

330DTM
01-15-2002, 09:02 PM
My rough guess is the same with what Azn330i said. Because I believe that the E46 xeons have an auto leveling system while the non-xeons don't, right?
so you might need to change the whole headlight unit. Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong!

M52_Alpina
01-15-2002, 09:24 PM
You will have to buy the whole xenon headlight (ellipsoid) assembly, but i don't think it comes with the self leveling system. Bekkers sells them for 1000US :eek:.

I would go for an aftermarket xenon conversion kit first, then look around for used ellipsoid xenon headlights, once you located a set, sell the conversion kit and put the money into the headlights.. hope this helps! :)