PDA

View Full Version : DTM Mirrors are on ! **Pics**

ROB89M3
09-12-2002, 06:37 PM
I picked up the mirrors from the bodyshop today and installed them.

How do they look?

http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=544416
http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=544420
http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=544425

Rolled_Out
09-12-2002, 07:18 PM
oh my god what did you do????? noooooo *no-no* *no-no*

BMW BMXer
09-12-2002, 07:54 PM
they look like mirrors...

i think they woulda looked better carbon fibre at least people would notice then, they woulda looked kinda funno carbon fibre to...
uh ...

the don't look bad and thats good..

Kal
09-12-2002, 07:59 PM
am i the only one who can't see the pics!?!? :huh?:

Kal
09-12-2002, 08:00 PM
ooops

okay..i can see them now

looks good!

ROB89M3
09-12-2002, 08:03 PM
I didn't wanna leave them carbon fibre cuz it would stand out too much.Then people would try and steal them as well.
Like this it doesn't stand out and blends in nicely with the car.
I gotta get used to them since they are so small.I hardly use the mirrors anyways.

gsbadbmr
09-12-2002, 08:08 PM
No offense Rob, but i HATE how they look. They don't stick out far enough from the car, plus they are MUCH to "round" looking for a beautifully designed "squared off" car. But i still love your ride!
(i still think if you painted your wheels white, it would look Crazy!)
gsbadbmr

330DTM
09-12-2002, 08:37 PM
Rob can you get some further shots, cuz i'd like to see what it looks like from that view!

Thanks!

Fast_Gal
09-12-2002, 09:02 PM
Looks cool!!*th-up*

Gamite
09-12-2002, 09:08 PM
IMO, you shoulda kept them carbon fiber, they wouldnt stick out at all, they would blend in with the black molding and tinted windows. And they're smaller than the old ones, so they would blend in even more.

BIG TEETH!

Lil'Smoothie
09-12-2002, 09:09 PM
looking good bro!*th-up*

can you take a pic from the front and back so I can see both mirrors on the car

ROB89M3
09-12-2002, 09:11 PM
I will take more pics tomorrow.

EMPOWERD
09-12-2002, 10:02 PM
I think you ruined them (once again Rob) by painting them that nasty color. Sometimes I wonder about your taste.:rolleyes: *drunk* *no-no*

Tracer
09-12-2002, 10:23 PM
Jeeze Randy,

You are so harsh! You always make fun of Robb. I think he has a very sweet ass ride, even though he spends a lot of money on mods that you guys dont think are worth it. Maybe he has something CRAZY planned for the future! Something big and that will make everyone drool!

Tracer

Jon@Bimmersport
09-12-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Tracer
Jeeze Randy,

You are so harsh! You always make fun of Robb. I think he has a very sweet ass ride, even though he spends a lot of money on mods that you guys dont think are worth it. Maybe he has something CRAZY planned for the future! Something big and that will make everyone drool!

Tracer

yea how did u know?? the plan is i get to drive it...crazy EH?

EMPOWERD
09-12-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Tracer
Maybe he has something CRAZY planned for the future! Something big and that will make everyone drool!

yeah, more stickers.....

.... or actually rev the car more than 5000rpm.

Rolled_Out
09-12-2002, 11:12 PM
honestly rob, i like your car, BUt those mirrors are nasty, how much did you pay for them? i hope you didn't give up more than a few pubic hairs for them... :D

time to throw in an S54, then we're talking! haha

ROB89M3
09-12-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
time to throw in an S54, then we're talking! haha

How about throwing in a twin turbo M5 engine?:rolleyes:

Why does everything come down to HIGH HORSEPOWER?
Thats not what being a car enthusiast is all about......

Fast_Gal
09-13-2002, 12:09 AM
Well i like the car. Looks complete.... your car has the appearance of continuity.... no sudden breaks in the color. For example i hate white colored cars with carbon fibre hoods. It looks dumb....all white then dark greay! How gay!? If you need to shave off some pounds for racing, a lighter hood makes sense. If not then what is the point?

Eurostyle
09-13-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Bul Sye Babe
Well i like the car. Looks complete.... your car has the appearance of continuity.... no sudden breaks in the color. For example i hate white colored cars with carbon fibre hoods. It looks dumb....all white then dark greay! How gay!? If you need to shave off some pounds for racing, a lighter hood makes sense. If not then what is the point?

Most people use carbon fiber just for looks...it makes no sense saving weight and then puttin big ICE that makes the car even heavyer then before!!! It looks nice on some cars, but if they are darker colour, like Jeremy's E30...

djcontra
09-13-2002, 07:59 AM
They look how they should. A couple things bother me though, the paint doesn't look like an exact match to the rest of the car (i know how hard it is to match white though, and it's very close). The other thing is, i think you should have gotten replica fiberglass ones since you were going to paint them white anyway. Painting carbon fiber ones was a little bit of a waste in my opinion, unless you had lots of carbon fiber parts to save weight (like doors, hood, trunk lid, etc)

none the less they look nice, and i dont think you'll see too many e30's with those mirrors around toronto =)

now what i wanna see next is the whole ///M stripes and the rest of the stickers. As well i'd like to see your exhaust come out the sideskirts, that would kick ass.

*th-up*

tlaselva
09-13-2002, 08:49 AM
That defiantly looks slick. :cool:
Glad you painted the mirrors.
Left CF, IMO would've looked cheesy.
Car defiantly has a nice continuity to it.

No more stickers. *no-no*
Any more and you treading in riceville.

jeremy
09-13-2002, 09:25 AM
take some pics from the front of the car..i want to see how far out the stick...

EMPOWERD
09-13-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by djcontra
now what i wanna see next is the whole ///M stripes and the rest of the stickers.

I agree... the car looks really incomplete. If you're gonna put on a strange (to normal people) Dekra number sticker, why not at least put on the M colors? I'd definitely do the complete sticker package.... riced out? HaHa, that's where the sport compact race-look came from in the first place.... DTM CARS!!! and what better car to showcase it than the sickest one of them all?

Think about it.

gsbadbmr
09-13-2002, 02:52 PM
Rob, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT PUT ANY MORE STICKERS ON YOUR CAR!

BMW BMXer
09-13-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by gsbadbmr
Rob, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT PUT ANY MORE STICKERS ON YOUR CAR!

nah the full set of stickers would look pretty good...
a bit over the top for me but good

GR8 Ride
09-13-2002, 04:25 PM
Well, I have to agree that not painting the mirrors would have been a much better idea...

It's nice to have a little contrast there, particularly on a white car. If they were fibreglass, then you would have to paint them. But CF, naw, shoulda left them blank.

Otherwise, I still agree that you need to complete the sticker package. It looks incomplete at the moment, and the ///M stripes over the back quarter would complete the car nicely....

Take a look at Louis car from the Club Race this past weekend....good looking vehicle there.

Pat

psbmb
09-13-2002, 05:03 PM
Looks good, Rob. *th-up*

M-ATTACK
09-13-2002, 06:59 PM
RANDY>>>WHERES YOUR CAR.......

ROB89M3
09-13-2002, 07:04 PM
Hey Pat,
I saw Loius' car last 2 thursdays ago at Bavarian.His car is absolutly amazing! He has the Recaro seats I want too!
That is one of the best e30 M3 racecars I've seen!

Here's a pic Of his car.(with more stickers on)

ROB89M3
09-13-2002, 07:12 PM
More pics:

ROB89M3
09-13-2002, 07:13 PM

ROB89M3
09-13-2002, 07:14 PM

jeremy
09-13-2002, 07:35 PM
they dont look bad...i think if you left them cf they would look better though........they would brake it up a bit more and they wouldnt look so slim... still there unique and i dont know of anyone else who has them...:P

gsbadbmr
09-13-2002, 09:32 PM
I just find that those mirrors make the car look MAJOR "Anorexic" especially for the WIDEBODY e30 m3. Again, this is JUST my opinion. The real question is: does Rob like them?

Gamite
09-14-2002, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by gsbadbmr
The real question is: does Rob like them?

Well, obviously, thats the only question that really matters.

Damn guy, from the side you can really see how small the mirrors really are. Rob are the mirrors concaved? (sp?) Better watch your blind spot.

Dave 325i
09-14-2002, 11:12 AM
I hardly use the mirrors anyways.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think the mirrors look good, but you'll just have to drive more carefully now.

Full stickers w/ mirrors - Rob I'm sure you know this car.

ROB89M3
09-14-2002, 06:36 PM
The mirrors are still not quite done. I gotta bring them back on Monday to get some more stuff done to them.
Will show the finished product after they are done.

EMPOWERD
09-14-2002, 07:06 PM
Are you gonna fill in that hole with black paint to make it look like an air vent? I think that'll make it look better.

1BADBMR
09-14-2002, 10:13 PM
The mirrors look good man! Not too many people have them. But I gotta ask howz the visibility? They look pretty small

ROB89M3
09-14-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by empowerd
Are you gonna fill in that hole with black paint to make it look like an air vent? I think that'll make it look better.
Yes.I'm either gonna paint it Black,or I might actually cut a hole in it to make it vented.What do you think?
The mirrors will be going to the paintshop on Monday again to get some blemishes fixed....

Jon@Bimmersport
09-15-2002, 02:33 AM
how wud u cut a hole? isnt the mirror glass right behind it? the black painting might look cheap up close tho...oh well its ur call

addbhp
09-16-2002, 08:57 AM
Rob, I personally love the mirrors, painting them I think completes the look of the original DTM cars. Does seem strange to paint CF vs fibreglass ones, but it's your money. Since you bought the vented ones ( I would have gone to the earlier none vented ones), makes sense to use them, but in the originals, the intent was to remove the tweeter and have the air flow come right into the cabin for air flow during racing.

On the sticker issue, I would either put the Motorsport colours on the car, and start tracking it, no one likes a poser. Or take the stickers off and just enjoy your car any day you want, and keep it mint, as it is a classic.
My 2 cents
Mark

ROB89M3
09-16-2002, 10:34 AM
The mirrors went back to the paintshop today to get it vented and touched up as well.
I will post pics of the finished product sometime this week.

Jon@Bimmersport
09-16-2002, 10:22 PM
rob..i was thinkin from wat addbhp was jus thinkin....having a racing sticker on ur car...let alone the motorsport colours on ur car will jus get negative feedback from cops...u will be suspected of racing..and wreckless driving..i say take even the dekra sticker off and keep it clean man...but leave the raceworld, and sic ryde stickers..they look kool on there....the dekra sticker looks a bit outta place by itself..