PDA

View Full Version : Got myself my very first bimmer. :)

Mav
05-12-2005, 10:48 AM
I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so I will apologize just in case.

Just got myself a brand spankin' new '05 325I just this past Monday (2nd) . - A friend of mine told me about this site and here I am sharing this with ya all.

rodo
05-12-2005, 11:00 AM
congrats :)

RevShoT
05-12-2005, 11:08 AM
now thats bonified pimpin

good luck man!

jstalin
05-12-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so I will apologize just in case.

Just got myself a brand spankin' new '05 325I just this past Monday (2nd) . - A friend of mine told me about this site and here I am sharing this with ya all.

cool, what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Mav
05-12-2005, 12:33 PM
$ 43000.00 even. comes fully loaded minus the sport suspension - appereantly is not available on this model - other than that, i got the works including "auto tranny" which was the only requirement my wife had. oh well i had to compromise somehow. :)
- Do you think that's a good price?

Veemax
05-12-2005, 12:42 PM
$ 43000.00 even. comes fully loaded minus the sport suspension - appereantly is not available on this model - other than that, i got the works including "auto tranny" which was the only requirement my wife had. oh well i had to compromise somehow. :)

Dang man,

Auto Tranny? ohh now I'm scared, I got engaged 2 weeks ago and we are planning on a wedding next year, I hope when its my time to by a new Bimmer I dont have to compromise over auto or manual tranny,... NOOOOOO
I figure I will teach her to drive and love manual tranny so by next year or so she will hate Auto as much as I do... (Dear God, Please make it so, Please)

Good luck with your new Bimmer... and welcome to MAXBIMMER...

Vee

Mav
05-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Dang man,

Auto Tranny? ohh now I'm scared, I got engaged 2 weeks ago and we are planning on a wedding next year, I hope when its my time to by a new Bimmer I dont have to compromise over auto or manual tranny,... NOOOOOO
I figure I will teach her to drive and love manual tranny so by next year or so she will hate Auto as much as I do... (Dear God, Please make it so, Please)

Good luck with your new Bimmer... and welcome to MAXBIMMER...

Vee

Hmmmm... I've been driving stick for as long as I can remember and let me tell you, "auto" it's really not that bad, really, is not.... OMG, who am i kidding? certainly not me! Why did I get married before I got the bimmer? where daheck were my priorities?? *mumble*

ara325
05-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Congrats and welcome to maX *wave* ...WE NEED PICS! *th-up*

Mav
05-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Congrats and welcome to maX *wave* ...WE NEED PICS! *th-up*

LOL - I've been looking for my darn digi-cam since I bought the car and I believe or not, I just found it last night. Anyhow, I will provide some shots this PM. I promise!! *angel*

jstalin
05-12-2005, 01:58 PM

what does that work out do minus the packages? Did you use the rizzo method? I'm also looking at an '05 325 or 320

aziz
05-12-2005, 02:02 PM
welcome to max.....43k is a very good price, paid 42 for my 01 last year...i should have waited.

Ital_325i
05-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Congrats on the new addition to the family, I was so excited when I picked up my baby. Now dont go spending countless hours on driving, washing and waxing, cause then the wifes gonna leave you, and you'll regret not buying the 5spd. *wiggle*

Once again, congrats, and welcome to max

SkycityBMW
05-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Congrats and Welcome to maXbimmer ! ! !

e36chick
05-12-2005, 02:38 PM
congrats on the car!! and hey, at least with an auto you'll have an easier time in rush hour traffic? :)

let's see pics!!

Veemax
05-12-2005, 02:45 PM
congrats on the car!! and hey, at least with an auto you'll have an easier time in rush hour traffic? :)

let's see pics!!

lol, thats no excuse...

Auto makes me wanna :puke:

hihihihihi

*wiggle*

Mav
05-12-2005, 02:46 PM
what does that work out do minus the packages? Did you use the rizzo method? I'm also looking at an '05 325 or 320

Hmmm.. there's really not much to upgrade on the car. I mean it does come with everything that the premium package includes and more (i.e. 17" 5 spoke Wheels, leatheret interior, 3 spoke sport steering wheel, electric heated seats with memory...) + Metallic paint, and all the extra goodies you like. I'll post pics this evening, you'll see it.

I'm not sure what te rizzo method is, but will tell you this. the car was originally listed for $43500.00 + $1400.00 for the auto-tranny. - however i got them to bring the price down to $4300.00 even+tx.

e36chick
05-12-2005, 03:15 PM
lol, thats no excuse...

Auto makes me wanna :puke:

hihihihihi

*wiggle*

lol i know...i was just trying to make the guy feel better! :D

rico328i
05-12-2005, 03:25 PM
nothing much to upgrade???? hmmmmmm..... You have little reading ahead of you Grasshopper!! The list is endless. Even with an auto.

Enjoy your ride.

BTW - automatic is too confusing for me. Too many letters! P, D, D1, N,R what the hell???? haha

Mav
05-12-2005, 03:35 PM
I know, I know... believe me "auto" was not at the top of my list when I was shopping for it but hey, 6 Speed Auto w/STEPTRONIC is not half as bad! besides, it was either "auto" or nothing and given my only options at the time, I decided to go for "auto". :) I mean, what would you have done? :)

e36chick -> Hahaha... Thanks for your words of encouragement.

Mav
05-12-2005, 03:55 PM
nothing much to upgrade???? hmmmmmm..... You have little reading ahead of you Grasshopper!! The list is endless. Even with an auto.

Enjoy your ride.

BTW - automatic is too confusing for me. Too many letters! P, D, D1, N,R what the hell???? haha

Thanks - I guess I gots me some heavy reading to do.

BTW - I agree. auto is to darn confusing... I mean we have 1,2,3,4,5, R with stick. why couldn't they do something like A,B,C,D,E? Hmmm, but wait, there would the problem of educatin people to properly use the letters or else they would get confused and start making their own translations like Andale, Broooom, Cruisin, Direct, Engage... and where daheck is Reverse???
*drink* Anyway, just kidding!

bmdbley'sBro
05-12-2005, 04:11 PM
hey congrats on the new ride *th-up*

don't let the "purists" get you down too much
half of them don't even own beemers..

and would gladly lick the exhaust drippings your car leaves
at a intersection as it peels off :D

wouldn't the 05 auto trans have triptronic type paddles or some crap?
Btw Sticks suck in grid lock *thmbsdwn*

Mav
05-12-2005, 04:52 PM
hey congrats on the new ride *th-up*

half of them don't even own beemers..

and would gladly lick the exhaust drippings your car leaves
at a intersection as it peels off :D

wouldn't the 05 auto trans have triptronic type paddles or some crap?
Btw Sticks suck in grid lock *thmbsdwn*

Hahaha... Nice!!! No worries, I figured that much. :D

Nascar318is
05-12-2005, 05:01 PM
half of them don't even own beemers....

You better get your beemers and bimmers right there Rookie :P

Nice ride May! And welcome to Max.

ara325
05-12-2005, 05:23 PM
LOL - I've been looking for my darn digi-cam since I bought the car and I believe or not, I just found it last night. Anyhow, I will provide some shots this PM. I promise!! *angel*

noice *th-up*

e36chick
05-12-2005, 05:29 PM
e36chick -> Hahaha... Thanks for your words of encouragement.

Hey, np...i know every morning i curse my 5spd during grid lock!! :)

Veemax
05-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Its so much more fun with the stick... (this space is now open for all kinds of jokes).................................... .............................................

LOL

I like rocking it back and forth, back and forth,,, its like when you are in the middle of....... (again this space is also open for jokes) ...................

JK...

Vee

rodo
05-12-2005, 06:19 PM
you got the executive edition

ballfire8888
05-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Yep ... that sounds like the exec edition.

I got a then new 2004 325i at a whopping 15% discount ...
$47K list
$ 7K disc :D

you got the executive edition

moregothanshow
05-12-2005, 07:41 PM
nice purchase! welcome to max!

Mav
05-12-2005, 09:10 PM
As promised!! here are some pics fresh of the press. *wiggle*

Please keep in mind that the new addition to the family has "yet" to take it's first bath... :D

Darn... images are too big, server is not allowing to upload :( anyhow, here's two exterior shots. - will take some more smaller shots of the interior (what i was trying to upload) and see if i can post.

e36chick
05-12-2005, 11:20 PM
*th-up*

bostonwhaler1
05-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Awesome man! I'm SO jealous!

Great choice of colours, everything.

Give her a bath and start showing her off!

Rampage
05-13-2005, 12:19 AM
Congrats! Looks very nice!

Despite what most people think, I like the look of amber turn signals, especially on a silver car *th-up*

rico328i
05-13-2005, 12:22 AM
Mav,

Nice car. I also like the ambers on certain colour cars. It gives it contrast.

Also. I was kidding about the auto thing. People have their reasons for having to buy them - most involving a 'woman'!!! But hey, you have to do what you have to do. I just like to poke when given the chance with the auto vs. stick. It's too easy to do........sorry. it's all good!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new ride.

For the record.....I DO own one.

Darren
05-13-2005, 12:40 AM
That's one sweet ride for one sweet price.
Congratulations and welcome to Maxbimmer !

maxx318i
05-13-2005, 01:34 AM
the first time you prolly sat in a BMW, you understood what makes it a bimmer. :D
Welcome to maxb.
As for the auto, I'm sure you have tiptronic to wind off after a rough day at the office *th-up*
We need pictures, ASAP!
enjoy your awesome ride

AlpWhitE46
05-13-2005, 02:01 AM
nice car, welcome to max....clears do so much for your car!
i tinted your windows, lowererd it, cleras and blacked out grill

Mav
05-13-2005, 01:47 PM
nice car, welcome to max....clears do so much for your car!
i tinted your windows, lowererd it, cleras and blacked out grill

LOL - Noice!!! And it didn't even leave the driveway...
*shiner*

Anyhow, thank you all for welcoming to maxbimmer.. *wave*

bmdbley'sBro
05-14-2005, 05:37 AM
You better get your beemers and bimmers right there Rookie :P

Nice ride May! And welcome to Max.

:D got me on that 1...

So when 2 bm's see each other across an intersection & flash each other
with their hi-beams ( similar to motor bike riders waving to each other)
are they Beeming or bimmering each other.. :D

no but that only happened to me while driving my dads old 70'sumthing
2002 (back in the states.) and it was another 2002 beeming me.
I learned stick on that.
I also owned a 85 318i way back..

But i was incorrect: beemers are for Bikes bimmers are for cars
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/reference/bimmer-beemer.asp