PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Auto Show

rico328i
01-15-2002, 12:36 AM
Well. I just got back from the NAIAS (North American International Auto Show) yesterday. I went to Windsor to visit my sister and since I was in the area......

What a disappointment!!! For the 'supposed' best show in North America! Damn. Makes you realize just how lucky we are here in the Toronto GTA. First off. It was essentially all on 1 level! Compared to our multi-level facility + Sky Dome. One huge plus was the amount of prototypes that were there. Since it is in Detroit - home of the Big 3.

Highlight of the night for me was at the BMW section. There was a special BMW lounge that was sectioned off by armed guards (2 ladies-hahaha and a gate). I looked in and saw a few well dressed people sitting on couches having a drink. After inquiring what it was all about. One of the ladies told me that it was ONLY for BMW owners.......Sorry. I asked what you needed to get in. And she told me that you need to have a BMW key......Sorry! That's when I had to say "Oh, you mean like this????" You should have seen the look on her face! I felt that she was a little on the snobby side. So after she told me that I was 'welcome'. I just said 'no thanks' to your complimentary BMW water and coffee!!!! Turned around and said maybe later! I think there were also some snack foods and stuff...I just got to the show and really didn't want to spend my time sitting around.

The new 745i is a work of technology!!!!!

Another thing. TONS and TONS of cops!

Rico

P.S. I look young (although I'm 29). Hard to judge a book by it's cover. Lesson 1.

Bliss
01-15-2002, 12:56 AM
HAHA! thats funny man. You needed a bimmer key to get coffee?? big deal!! I would have loved to see the look on her face.:D

rico328i
01-15-2002, 01:03 AM
Can't wait to see if they have a similar set-up when the show comes to Toronto! I'm giving my spare keys to all my friends!!!!! Just in case they post more 'guards' with attutudes at the gates. Can't ignore one thing - there is STATUS involved with BMW's. Wish it wasn't like that. Unfortunately it's just the way it is.

Rico