PDA

View Full Version : Help buying a car

Mclarenbenz
05-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Hi Fellas,

Im flying down to TO to buy a car next friday, Im looking for either a 2001-02 M3 Convertable, or a 2001-02 CLK430 Conv.

Now after seeing that show on CTV about buying a used car, im a bit nervous. Actually, I bought an 89 325i two years ago from the same dealership that was mentioned in the show in Vancouver, "City Gate Motors." I couldn't believe it what I saw them on that show, they even interviewd the salesman that sold me the car, it was a amazing. I ended up selling the car last year, it was a bit of a Lemmon, but it wasen't that bad, although that place should be shut down, f-ucking theives! *mumble*

Anyway, this time around its a bit different, im not spending 5 g's more like over 50, so I wanna have all my bases covered.

What I need from anyone that can help me out is some tips on dealers in the TO area, who to wach out for, who to stay away from, and so on. Anything that can help me out will do, cause the last thing I need is to come home and find out I bought an M3 that was just writen off.

So far I registered for Carfax, but I don't know how detailed they are. Is there any other companies that run backround checks?

thanks in advance guys.

Ohh, one more thing, anyone recomend a good Hotel to stay in down town TO? Moderatly cheap, but comfortable.

thanks guys.

rodo
05-01-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm sorry, I don't have any info for you. Except, get the M3 not a benz and also I wouldn't buy from Budds BMW in Oakville, I bought my 325i there and they are arrogant and way over priced I feel for used cars. Anyways, good luck!

lvan
05-01-2005, 03:16 PM
I think you bought that red E30 with reiger skirts that someone was selling on max for 6-7 gs I cant remember exactly....Nt so sure if that's the car but I saw it for double price selling in BC.

Marky_mark
05-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Well if you want to buy a bmw m3 you should get a Certified series from a Bmw dealer
and also ask for the history about the car your buying you can ask the dealer to get it for you or get it at the licence office this way your getting the best for your money

silverblades
05-01-2005, 05:59 PM
just go to a certified BMW dealer. a 2001-2002 will still be under warranty and you'll get better service for after you bought the car (brake changes etc..)

lvan
05-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Here You go

http://www.parkviewbmw.com/dcm/usedvehicle.html

Awsome people,cars and dealership *th-up*

Mclarenbenz
05-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Yeah, thanks guys,

Im for sure going to the dealers first, to check out what they have,

then the private sales. Problem is with private sales its cheaper because of only the one tax.

Ivan, that might of been me, dunno, was 4 years ago, so can't really remember, the car Hauled ass, but too many problems, had alot of fun with it though, I was going to keep it, but I needed that cash.

Im am now pushing for the M3, forget the CLK, problem is the Convertable is a bit out of my price range, but damn I want that Convertable! *love*

paul christians
05-03-2005, 12:01 AM
NO BMW FOR SALE THERE?????.........WOW...........JOKING DUDE CHEERS......good luck on the new used car.........

Miguel
05-03-2005, 12:04 AM
It's not who you buy from but WHAT you buy.
if you are dropping that kind of cash you should get:

UVIP (no loans, 1 owner)
CARFAX (no accident history)
MAINTENANCE RECORDS (THIS is the best way to tell if mileage is true and if the care has been taken care of)
GET IT CHECKED OUT BY AN INDEPENDANT LOCAL SHOP/DEALERSHIP

kobim3r
05-03-2005, 12:21 AM
the car that got shipped out to BC with the reiger kit was no lemon!

that tihng was mint and in solid running order trustme

Soldo
05-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Whatever you do, stay away from all of the toronto USED CAR dealers, they're all shady.... i've yet to meet an honest dealer!

Stick with the BRAND NAME dealers (any CAR dealer with the car, ie, a honda dealer with a M3 is still good since its a brand name dealer!)

Private sale is still good, depending on the person your buying from, if an older gentlemen selling the car seems nice, sometime you can tell how the car was driven by the drivers personality!

As was already posted, just take the car to the dealer... if your really interested in the car and plan on spending that much money, the $70 or something it costs to get the car inspected is more then worth it!

SickFinga
05-03-2005, 04:20 AM
Whatever you do, stay away from all of the toronto USED CAR dealers, they're all shady.... i've yet to meet an honest dealer!

Stick with the BRAND NAME dealers (any CAR dealer with the car, ie, a honda dealer with a M3 is still good since its a brand name dealer!)

Private sale is still good, depending on the person your buying from, if an older gentlemen selling the car seems nice, sometime you can tell how the car was driven by the drivers personality!

As was already posted, just take the car to the dealer... if your really interested in the car and plan on spending that much money, the $70 or something it costs to get the car inspected is more then worth it!

It makes no difference from where you buy a car, used car dealer of bmw of mississauga. All of them will LIE. None of them will tell if the car was in the accident or what problems it has. They are in business of selling cars, can be honest there or you wont sell shit.

Darkness95m3
05-03-2005, 07:37 AM
It makes no difference from where you buy a car, used car dealer of bmw of mississauga. All of them will LIE. None of them will tell if the car was in the accident or what problems it has. They are in business of selling cars, can be honest there or you wont sell shit.

True so true.

Soldo
05-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Ya, but remember, a brand name dealers repuitation is much more valuable to them then it is for some small time shady dealer!

And if they do lie, theres ways to go about getting compensated for your loss... you can work your way up to people in higher positions!

Mclarenbenz
05-06-2005, 12:04 AM
all great suggestions guys, thanks.

but from past experiance, most places wont let you take the car to be checked out.

@kobim3r Like I said, I was talking about a different e30, the one I bought didnt have a reiger kit, so its not the same car.

Bmwstylz
05-06-2005, 01:30 AM
If they won't let you have the car checked out elsewhere Walk!

I would definitely go private - you will save thousands and get to meet the actual owner. Get service records, and a FULL inspection at a trustworthy garage.

d12
05-06-2005, 05:34 PM
private is the best way... if you buy from a deal you don't know who drove it, maybe some 18 year old ripped it everyday... if you buy private you can tell how it's been driven, also only buy with ALL service history from a dealership...