PDA

View Full Version : Revshot Feedback = Unprofessional

Paul540/m3
04-29-2005, 11:33 PM
Revshot (Jay I think) made arrangement s to sell a steering wheel to my brother and then went and sold it right from under him. After showing interest in the steering wheel my brother called revshot and made arrangements to meet on sunday in burlington. The very same night ( within a matter of hours) I recieved a PM saying that he had sold the wheel to someone else. This is extremely unprofessional and would not be tolerated in the real business world. I am not only disappointed but also appalled by these practices. If you make a deal with someone and make arrangements to meet and make a transaction then you should follow through with your word and not welch on the deal. Some may even call you a hypocrite for bitching and complaining about people wasting your time with lowball offers and then you go and waste other people's time and energy making arrangments and then backing out without so much as a phone call to the intended buyer.

I can't really do anything about this other than warn other members and share my experience when dealing with this member. Even if it makes one person think twice before dealing with him then my job here is done. We won't get into his previous misrepresentations (and I'm being kind here) on bimmerforums.
Thanks for taking the time to read this i hope the same does not happen to you.

RevShoT
04-29-2005, 11:53 PM
oh man ur such a baby!

ur brother wasnt even sure if he wanted the wheel!

he calls me said he is interested he will call me tommorow if he is comming down sunday to LOOK at the wheel at the end of the phone call he tells me he is 90% sure he wants this wheel

sorry bout your luck but this gentleman who came and picked up the wheel was 100% sure he wanted it, he came down right away and purchased it for the exact same price i was going to sell to paul's brother.

bottom line, pauls brother was not 100% of the transaction and this other person was, im not going to loose a definite sale over a mabey sale period.

and just so you know, i have been holding my M knob for almost 3 weeks for a guy on max and have turned down 4 or 5 guys offers while they were at my house to take it off my hands, when a deal was struck i am a man of my word, there was no deal here only interest period.

M50E30
04-29-2005, 11:57 PM
If he wanted the wheel that bad then he should have got off his butt and got it right away.

Jay did the right thing since 99% of the time people from here don't show up or try to lowball.

So I have to say.......stop being a baby and........

RevShoT
04-30-2005, 12:05 AM
99% of the time people from here don't show

ive held many things for people who have failed to show up and turned down possible sales and then lost those sales cause i gave someone my word.

sorry but cash comes first, it would have been a different story now if he had struck a deal comfirmed im comming to pick up the wheel sunday. then i would have held it no problem, but for a 90% to 100% guy is a big difference

A.K.A Blackout

As well, he kept the side skirt aside for me to pick up and explained everything about them so that I knew what I was getting.
quote from a few threads down

Paul540/m3
04-30-2005, 12:18 AM
He told you he wanted it 90% in the first phone conversation and then called and confirmed making arrangements to meet up with you and purchase the wheel. I would call that 100%. Even a phone call would have been a courteous gesture as you had a deal already on the table. I don't want to reduce this thread to name calling and immaturity so you can call your wingman off ok.

As for M50E30- i Don't recall you having anything to do with this and you have no idea as to the situation at hand and the arrangments that were made. Your immature comments are not appreciated nor are they appropriate.

M50E30
04-30-2005, 12:21 AM
He told you he wanted it 90% in the first phone conversation and then called and confirmed making arrangements to meet up with you and purchase the wheel. I would call that 100%. Even a phone call would have been a courteous gesture as you had a deal already on the table. I don't want to reduce this thread to name calling and immaturity so you can call your wingman off ok.

As for M50E30- i Don't recall you having anything to do with this and you have no idea as to the situation at hand and the arrangments that were made. Your immature comments are not appreciated nor are they appropriate.

Don't bother posting BS stories. I trust Jay than 95% of the members on here. Last time I checked this is an open forum and if you don't like it.......deal with it or don't post.

Paul540/m3
04-30-2005, 12:25 AM
How is this a BS story? What happened, happened and whats done is done. I didn't make this thread to have a name calling war, I made it to share with other members my experience when dealing with this particular member. And you are right in saying that this is an open forum so if I so please to post me experience I am free to do so.

bimmer325
04-30-2005, 12:33 AM
The way I see it first come first serve...
what happen if paul brother decided he doesn't wanted.
that mean Jay just lost the deal....
buyer is hard to come by.
GIve you an example: the guy told me he will buy my rims. and told me that he is 100% sure... 2 weeks later he call me, and told me that he change his mind..
I could sold the rims to someone else but I gave him my word that the rims is his.. now I still stuck with a set of rims....

By the way Jay thanks for the lower portion dash.... and the other stuff :D
p.s. try not to hit those pilon *th-up*

Antz_Marchin
04-30-2005, 12:40 AM
i have been holding my M knob for almost 3 weeks for a guy on max

Hmmm.......I don't like the sounds of this :P ...........Remove the "M" and it's just plain disturbing :eek:

Sorry man....it was just too perfect to pass up.

Gianpaolo_E46
04-30-2005, 01:01 AM
and just so you know, i have been holding my knob for almost 3 weeks for a guy on max and have turned down 4 or 5 guys offers while they were at my house to take it off my hands

fixed. lol ur right it sounds funny :D

kontesto
04-30-2005, 02:33 AM
GIve you an example: the guy told me he will buy my rims. and told me that he is 100% sure... 2 weeks later he call me, and told me that he change his mind.. I could sold the rims to someone else but I gave him my word that the rims is his.. now I still stuck with a set of rims....

Just because a buyer changes his mind, does not mean that it's his fault you still have your rims. The fact of the matter is that noone wants your rims and that is not the buyers fault, nor is it yours. If noone besides him wanted it then, noone else will want it now. So don't blaim your problems on a buyer's actions.

He told you he wanted it 90% in the first phone conversation and then called and confirmed making arrangements to meet up with you and purchase the wheel. I would call that 100%. Even a phone call would have been a courteous gesture as you had a deal already on the table.

Personally, I thnk Jay is just plain stupid in the way he dealt with this deal. First of all, it would have been courteous to let Paul's brother know that there was another deal in progress, thats how I deal with all the people I sell to. If there was an arrangement to come see the wheel, you should have stuck to that. If your other buyer was that interested, he wouldn't have minded waiting a few hours. Imagine if you were the buyer and you said that you would go meet the seller, and then you get there and he's like awww sh*t, I sold it already, sorry I didn't call.

Any business professional will tell you about the importance of customer service and customer retention, both of which you failed with here. I'm not trying to take sides, but you definately did not deal with this properly.

Furthermore, if you were a smart businessman which I now can see that you are not, you would have entertained both offers, and most likely gotten more money out of the deal. If you were so infatuated with the thought and idea of having cash right away, having more cash should have been just as, if not more appealing. Too bad you screwed up.

KM

tlaselva
04-30-2005, 02:43 AM
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51104&stc=1

Can't stop laughing!!! :D :D :D

I've had an experience myself where someone comits to buying something, and after a few excuses, backs out.

My motto is, Money talks, BS walks.....

Eurostyle
04-30-2005, 03:37 AM

This is the best business practice ever...I have been dealing with customers for about 10 years now, and the amount of people not showing up is just discusting...You cant have a persons word for much (unless you know them very well)...In MANY cases even $$$ deposits dont work...In one case i left a deposit on a car, (about 25%!!!) only to have it sold to a better offer, and i lost the deal...And i also have several cases where people put $$$ down and then never show up to pick up a part!...

The way i see it is; a transaction is not final untill the exchange of product and $$$ takes place, untill then there is ALWAYS a chance of the buyer OR seller backing out of the deal... :(

kontesto
04-30-2005, 03:42 AM
The way i see it is; a transaction is not final untill the exchange of product and $$$ takes place, untill then there is ALWAYS a chance of the buyer OR seller backing out of the deal... :(

But in this case, the transaction couldn't even take place, because the seller didn't let it. How can we have a marketplace in any industry where you can't think about a purchase, and goods go slipping out from underneath your nose even though you've made an agreement to come purchase it.

KM

Eurostyle
04-30-2005, 04:02 AM
But in this case, the transaction couldn't even take place, because the seller didn't let it. How can we have a marketplace in any industry where you can't think about a purchase, and goods go slipping out from underneath your nose even though you've made an agreement to come purchase it.

KM

OK, try this: call Walmart, or Zellers and ask them to hold a few items for you, because "you are for sure picking them up soon".....Are they going to take your word for it! It is VERY unfortunat but you cant take a persons word for much these days... :(

A.K.A. Blackout
04-30-2005, 06:06 AM
When Jay first started parting out his car, I bought his bumper off of him, and told him that I would take his skirts for sure, but he couldn't get them off the car in time to bring them to my house. He ended up holding them for me for a week, and I told him that I was going to pick them up 100% and made sure that I did it as soon as I could. I even think he got offers for more money while he still had them, but he held them for me even though a lot of people were asking for them. I think that he is a good guy to deal with since I did confirm I was buying them and he held onto them for me. So with my experience, I gave him a definate answer that I was taking the skirts and he kept his word. *th-up* That is just my 2 cents

Paul540/m3
04-30-2005, 09:56 AM
It's called business ethics, and you know you can't expect the same courtesy from others that you yourself provide, my mistake. I'm not name calling or anything but with those types of practices your not going to get very far in the business world I can assure you of that.
Thanks Kontesto, at least someone on this board has some common courtesy left.

T.Dot_E30
04-30-2005, 11:23 AM
Jay's wingman, Dave e30m50 has done the same thing thats why he's backin him up.

When i wanted to purchase his wheels, I called on a sunday saying I wanna gonna come down right away, he was like the wheels are still on the car and its in the body shop (nice way to try and sell something) So I said ill come the next weekend. I got a pm during the week saying he sold em.

Yes money talks, but wtf niagra isn't exactly a 30min drive, money would have been in his hands if the wheels were available.

M50E30
04-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Jay's wingman, Dave e30m50 has done the same thing thats why he's backin him up.

When i wanted to purchase his wheels, I called on a sunday saying I wanna gonna come down right away, he was like the wheels are still on the car and its in the body shop (nice way to try and sell something) So I said ill come the next weekend. I got a pm during the week saying he sold em.

Yes money talks, but wtf niagra isn't exactly a 30min drive, money would have been in his hands if the wheels were available.

Your a tool. If you wanted them so damn bad you would have got of your lazy ass and put a deposit on them (and I would have given you a recipt). So money talks when it is in MY hands!

As for being in the bodyshop.........they were covered so no overspray could get on them.

T.Dot_E30
04-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Your a tool. If you wanted them so damn bad you would have got of your lazy ass and put a deposit on them (and I would have given you a recipt). So money talks when it is in MY hands!

As for being in the bodyshop.........they were covered so no overspray could get on them.

Ok like im gonna drive 2-3 hours and back to give you a deposit.
Regardless its over who cares now, im happy i didin't buy em.

Name calling?

M50E30
04-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Ok like im gonna drive 2-3 hours and back to give you a deposit.
Regardless its over who cares now, im happy i didin't buy em.

Name calling?

I guess you didn't want those super rare E30 ROH wheels that bad. Hell I even tried to buy them back from biotek and he burned me. I told him that I wanted them and then he sold them to someone else.

Oh well......easy come....easy go. I have better wheels in mind if I keep my car.

As for the name calling.......you started. Remember "wingman"...WTF is that? Are you still in grade school?

kontesto
04-30-2005, 12:52 PM
Actually, I've seen alot of department stores where they will hold something for you either till the end of the day, or till the next day and they do not go sell something behind your back

KM

E36er
04-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Actually, I've seen alot of department stores where they will hold something for you either till the end of the day, or till the next day and they do not go sell something behind your back

KM

and how many of these peaple will acctually come.

My parents own an store and people always ask to put stuff on hold, and i wouldnt have to say 30-40% of the people acctualy come and pick them up.

i think ReV could have called pauls bro and told him, but if someone else CAME to him and paid him straight up, what can ya do!

BMW_M52_M20
04-30-2005, 05:03 PM
First come first serve, I don't think there is anything wrong with what happened here. Unfortunatley, a lot of people dick around and can't actually afford with what they are claiming they want to buy......(not saying this happened here)....When I was selling my E36 had a couple of big talkers that obviously were lookin for a beat the crap out of the car ride.....

Paul540/m3
04-30-2005, 05:17 PM
This is like beating a dead horse
this issue is done and I'm not going to waste anymore time on this, people can take what they want from this thread but it still doesn't change the way I feel about the matter and transaction ( or lack there of)

PS- I can assure you that $100 steering wheel is the least of my worries financially

Mitch555
05-01-2005, 12:07 AM
I've never had a problem dealing with Revshot before and by the looks of it I don't think I ever will. He has been a great help to me and is very useful with info and he's honest. I think a lot of you guys judge a book by it's cover. He's not as bad as you guys make him to be. I have met him in person and he's not the goof you believe that he is. He's kind enough to give me a great price on a few parts and I am picking them up off of him this Sunday in Burlington and I know he won't sell off what I need to someone else!

I can vouch for whoever said that there are people on max that say they are 100% on a sale and they don't show up and never talk to you again. MOST OF MY SALES HAVE FALLEN THROUGH DUE TO THESE.... "I'm 100% sure I that I will take your _______." clowns on max. Talk is cheap!! As I don't know the situation 100%... even if the wheel was promised to Paul's brother I don't blame Revshot for selling the product to someone else as max has a great rep for people who do not keep their word on buying things from other members when they say they will, and people need to make money instead of waiting around a few weeks for the supposed buyer to show up and pay for his product. People have bills to pay, and money doesn't grow on trees! But as per my own experience, I couldn't see Revshot doing such things.

NOTE: I am not taking sides. These are just situations that I have ACTUALLY gone through with people and I am not speaking out of my ass. They are facts.

SickFinga
05-02-2005, 01:29 AM
I dont get it, why people protecting RevShot so much. You all saying if he dealt with you and you had a good experience, then it cant be bad.

Well, let me tell you. IT CAN.

I disagree with what RevShot did(AGAIN).
If he made an appointment with Paul's bro to come, he should've kept it.
Or at least give him a call and tell him he has a buyer right now, that can pick it up right now, and ask him if Paul's bro can meet with him earlier.
That would've been the best thing for both.

lvan
05-02-2005, 03:05 AM
^^^ That is fair. Call the guy and warn him that the stuff will be sold and at same time tell other dude that he can pick it up in case of no show up.(Enetertaining both offers and deal smarty.)

From my point of view ,I think Jay kinda figured out that pauls bro is kinda laid back or will maybe not come so he just sold it.

Usually when these lil things come in to play ,it's all first come first served.

M50E30
05-02-2005, 11:20 AM
I dont get it, why people protecting RevShot so much.

Nobody is "protecting" him. If 95% of the people on this board were not stupid about buying stuff then I would have sold my car 2 years ago about five times over. Last time I checked maXbimmer isn't a store with policies.

First person to come up with the cash gets the parts.

So as I stated above to another member.....if you want the parts that damn bad then get the money and get your butt in gear and pick it up ASAP.

bimmer325
05-02-2005, 11:37 AM
I Agree..
Money talk.. *th-up*

Mitch555
05-02-2005, 12:02 PM
I dont get it, why people protecting RevShot so much. You all saying if he dealt with you and you had a good experience, then it cant be bad.

Thanks for letting us know that Captain obvious! ;)

Have you ever personally dealt with Revshot for anything business related?

RevShoT
05-02-2005, 12:05 PM

I disagree with what RevShot did(AGAIN).
If he made an appointment with Paul's bro to come, he should've kept it.
Or at least give him a call and tell him he has a buyer right now, that can pick it up right now, and ask him if Paul's bro can meet with him earlier.
That would've been the best thing for both.

dont let your hate for me cloud your judment silly boy

if i were to do that tell him i have another buyer it would seem like im pressuring him into buying something he may not be 100% on, make this clear, i dont pressure anyone to buy my stuff, if they want it they can have it plain and simple. if paul's bro really wanted it he would have read people asking about it and got off his ass and came down asap! i shot him a PM right after to save a phone call and let him know that it was sold

i still dont see the point in this, if he was 100% i would have gladly held it for him, but for $150 buck steering wheel and the guy not 100% if he wants it, it goes to the first come first serve

Paul540/m3
05-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Just for the record he was coming from Barrie and it was a religious holiday this weekend being Easter so that is why he could ot "get his ass up". Not everyone can drop everything and "get their ass up" as soon as something comes up for sale on maxbimmer, they may have previous obligations such as school, a job, or even family and or religious functions.

M50E30
05-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Just for the record he was coming from Barrie and it was a religious holiday this weekend being Easter so that is why he could ot "get his ass up". Not everyone can drop everything and "get their ass up" as soon as something comes up for sale on maxbimmer, they may have previous obligations such as school, a job, or even family and or religious functions.

S.O.L.

I have been burned too but life goes on.

One last question.....if you were in Jay's situation with a car that is currently being stripped down and someone slapped the asking price in your hand....wouldn't you take it?

Paul540/m3
05-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Just to answer your question- If I had made previous arrangements to meet someone at a certain time and place, I am a man of my word and would have been there with wheel in hand. At the very least if I wanted to change the arrangement in any way at all I would have the common courtesy to call the person I had made the plans with in the first place BEFORE changing the plans let alone selling the item. At least give the person that you had made an arrangement with and that had shown interest in the item the first right of refusal. Let them know that there is another deal on the table and let him make the decision if he wants it (eventhough he had stated that he wanted it and was not able to make the hike to burlington untill sunday night), don't make it for them by selling the item from under them. Thats just plain inconsiderate.

Thats what I would have done, but that doesn't really matter now does it???

Soldo
05-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Just to answer your question- If I had made previous arrangements to meet someone at a certain time and place, I am a man of my word and would have been there with wheel in hand. At the very least if I wanted to change the arrangement in any way at all I would have the common courtesy to call the person I had made the plans with in the first place BEFORE changing the plans let alone selling the item. At least give the person that you had made an arrangement with and that had shown interest in the item the first right of refusal. Let them know that there is another deal on the table and let him make the decision if he wants it (eventhough he had stated that he wanted it and was not able to make the hike to burlington untill sunday night), don't make it for them by selling the item from under them. Thats just plain inconsiderate.

Thats what I would have done, but that doesn't really matter now does it???

This is very true... although i have also been burned by people saying they will come look at the parts i was parting out a while back, i did loose out on potential sales, but in the end i sold everything, and i didn't have to be an dik about it just because someone else held up money infront of me!

I don't think that Revshot would've pressured paul's bro into buying the wheel if he called him and notified him that theres another buyer. It would've been the fair thing to do! and IMO what happened in this situation is VERY unprofessional!

kontesto
05-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Wow so there are other people besides me and Paul with knowledge of business ethics on this board. Thank god! I was starting to get worried.

When Jay first started parting out his car, I bought his bumper off of him, and told him that I would take his skirts for sure, but he couldn't get them off the car in time to bring them to my house. He ended up holding them for me for a week, and I told him that I was going to pick them up 100% and made sure that I did it as soon as I could. I even think he got offers for more money while he still had them, but he held them for me even though a lot of people were asking for them. I think that he is a good guy to deal with since I did confirm I was buying them and he held onto them for me. So with my experience, I gave him a definate answer that I was taking the skirts and he kept his word. *th-up* That is just my 2 cents

Buddy, I think you should read what you wrote once more. You told him you we're gonna buy the skirts and despite other offers he kept them for you. Now let's compare this to the situation in question, Paul's brother said he was gonna buy the skirts, and instead of keeping them like he did for you, he sold them to the higher offers. Do you still think he is "a good guy to deal with"?

And to the other posts above, I placed an item on hold yesterday at the Bay. I went in this morning, and guess what...it was still there! That's how you do business. If you have a verbal or written agreement, you abide by it.

Evidently, Revshot did not attend his business ethics classes.

KM

bizzertour
05-02-2005, 09:20 PM
"If you have a verbal or written agreement, you abide by it." LOL!!!!!! money talks bull shit walks, is been that way since the beginning of currency. If there is no deposit on it, its not yours,sometimes that not even good these days I know.You guys preachering on this thread, business this business that, have probably never been screwed up the ass in business. When it happens to you, BUSINESS will have a whole new meaning that they don't teach in class. In life trust in no one but Jesus. *angel*

RevShoT
05-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Buddy, I think you should read what you wrote once more. You told him you we're gonna buy the skirts and despite other offers he kept them for you. Now let's compare this to the situation in question, Paul's brother said he was gonna buy the skirts, and instead of keeping them like he did for you, he sold them to the higher offers. Do you still think he is "a good guy to deal with"?

KM
wtf r u smoking and reading? i did NOT sell that wheel at a higher price, i sold the wheel to someone who was interested for actually about a week ago then finally made a decision friday night. done sold 140 bucks in my pocket thanx for commin out

ill tell you what, since this caused so much shit let everyone start posting about how many people ask for things to go on hold then they never show.. ide love to see this section before more popular then the offtopic if everyone starting posting about that!

kontesto
05-02-2005, 11:32 PM
wtf r u smoking and reading? i did NOT sell that wheel at a higher price, i sold the wheel to someone who was interested for actually about a week ago then finally made a decision friday night. done sold 140 bucks in my pocket thanx for commin out

Umm Jay WTF are u smoking and reading? I was talking about skirts, where the hell did wheels come from?

KM

SickFinga
05-03-2005, 07:05 AM
dont let your hate for me cloud your judment silly boy

Trust me I don't hate you, but I'm gonna be honest, I don't highly of you either. I just been in situations like Paul was and I know its a bitch.
Just yesterday, I PMed a guy in that states saying I want Vader, I'll pay his asking price plus shipping. He agreed, and told me he'll have better close up pics later on. Well, I got an email later on, saying that after I agreed with his price that he found local buyers and he would sell seats to me if I pay more.
Well **** THAT.

Another story, guy was selling BBK, I said, I want it, find out shipping and I'll buy it from you. He said fine, same evening he emails me and says he sold it already.

Another, was also buying Vaders from a member here. He said 1000 for fronts, 1300 for front and back. I emailed him saying I want the front, he said fine come after work. I called him when he told me, he gave me address, I was on the way to his house, called again to tell him I'll be there in 5min, he said fine. He showed me the seats, I said cool, I'll get him.
Then he tells me, well I cant sell them to you buyer is coming to pick up front and rear. Well WTF, I called him twice at least he could've tell me not to come.

So yeah, I had similar experiences, and I believe buyer is WRONG and if has nothing to do whether I hate you or not.

I just disagree with what you've done with this transaction and I didn't want to bring it up with you rims transaction on bf.c

I dunno why Dave was jumping defending you there, while you were 100% at fault there. I do believe you that you had no idea that they were bent when you advertised them not being bent, but at least you could've refund the guy and ask for the rims back.

Mitch, no I haven't dealt with RevShot, but I don't really have to do it after there have been enough reviews posted about him.
Even though most of his transaction were good, it take just one to screw up your reputation.
Would I deal with him? Probably, but heck, I dealt with RMS :) (which actually went really smooth for me)

Another good example is Miguel.
He sold his 5 spoke wheels on ebay. When buyer said they were bent, Miguel refunded the guy, and took his wheels back.
Another one, and again Miguel. Miguel sold his ACS wheels to the guy in states. FedEx lost one wheel, so what Miguel does is refunding the guy back, even though he is not at fault there, and takes a hit by losing a rim and ending up with pretty much unsellable set of 3 wheels.

Now that's a guy I'll deal anytime.

Again RevShot, I'm posting what I think. There were bad reviews posted for a couple of guys I know, and if they were wrong in their dealing, I posted in those threads too saying that.

P.S. with just a 30sec courtesy call this mess wouldn't happen. Too bad you didnt do it

RevShoT
05-03-2005, 09:36 AM
well i didnt have paul's bro's # to begin with so that would be why i PM'd paul like minuites after the guy left so that he wouldnt waste his time deciding on the wheel

but to each his own, its a 140 buck sterring wheel if i was selling my whole car i would have deffinitially held it for see but when im parting my car out already half the parts on my car are on hold for people

Soldo
05-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Dude, your wrong. Just admit to it. Appologize for wasting the guys time, and people might begin to have some faith in you as a seller again!

A.K.A. Blackout
05-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Kontesto,
If you actually read my post, I was stating my experience with him. I did not say that I agree with what he did, or didn't do. I verbally told Jay that I was going to buy the skirts for sure, without seeing them, and the money was as good as in his hands. I have sold many things and if someone told me that they wanted it and were going to buy it then I would hold it for them. If someone says I think I will take it but I have to think about it first, then I would say first come first serve. I am not defending what Jay did, nor am I saying that he did something wrong. I was just stating my experience with him and my opinion after reading both posts from both people, and yes I do have business ethics. I would be pissed as well if he had sold it even though I told him I was going to buy it.

RevShoT
05-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Dude, your wrong. Just admit to it. Appologize for wasting the guys time, and people might begin to have some faith in you as a seller again!

admit what? i was not going to hold out for a mabey sale vs a deffinite sale

M50E30
05-03-2005, 06:40 PM
I dunno why Dave was jumping defending you there, while you were 100% at fault there.

Vlad,

I was said that I wasn't taking sides. I said lets see the proof that they are bent. Jesus F'in Christ! :mad:

Dave

RevShoT
05-03-2005, 06:48 PM
exactly i asked for proof on the bent rims, i got nothing but ull have to take my word and hes a # to call a guy who did them... yeah ok...buddy answers the phone.. yes there bent pay up.!

BMW BMXer
05-04-2005, 02:45 AM
Wow hot one.

I have been holding a set of rims for about a month for someone, he keeps in contact and I will let him know if any other offers are on the table. It couldn't have hurt to let Pauls brother know that there was another buyer and give the first buyer a day or so to show up. Prevents this mess and tarnishing of your name. Money talks yes but when your rep is shit no one will put up there money.

I have had people on this board hold parts for me while I get cash and I am super greatful they did, I understand that all sellers cannot be like this but if they are they should state that the sale is first come first serve, and not assume the buyer knows this.

SickFinga
05-04-2005, 04:15 AM
Vlad,

I was said that I wasn't taking sides. I said lets see the proof that they are bent. Jesus F'in Christ! :mad:

Dave

Just wondering, how can you prove to someone that they are bent??
Why would anyone lie if they are bent?
Person paid for the rims, meaning that he wanted them. Why would he post that they are bent? Just doesnt make any sense to me.

RevShoT
05-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Just wondering, how can you prove to someone that they are bent??
Why would anyone lie if they are bent?
Person paid for the rims, meaning that he wanted them. Why would he post that they are bent? Just doesnt make any sense to me.

ill tell you why, because one rim was re-finnished and 3 needed to be re-finnished amazingly the 3 rims not re-finnished were all bent! and you cant just unbend a rim they all need to be refinnished!

so he wanted 300 bucks to have them all fixed.. um yeah 3 rims bent only one re-finnished was not bent...

SickFinga
05-04-2005, 07:49 PM
ill tell you why, because one rim was re-finnished and 3 needed to be re-finnished amazingly the 3 rims not re-finnished were all bent! and you cant just unbend a rim they all need to be refinnished!

so he wanted 300 bucks to have them all fixed.. um yeah 3 rims bent only one re-finnished was not bent...

because when they refinish wheels, they fix the bends

RevShoT
05-04-2005, 08:00 PM
because when they refinish wheels, they fix the bends

my point was he kept telling me how he had no money before he bought the wheels so i sold them to him for cheap then he cries about how they are bent and wants 300 bucks to have the 3 re-finnished (i suspect cause he wants them to look like the rest) and the bent rims were just a scam to get $$$ out of me to have the rest re-finnished

M50E30
05-04-2005, 09:11 PM
my point was he kept telling me how he had no money before he bought the wheels so i sold them to him for cheap then he cries about how they are bent and wants 300 bucks to have the 3 re-finnished (i suspect cause he wants them to look like the rest) and the bent rims were just a scam to get $$$ out of me to have the rest re-finnished

If this is true then alot of people owe Jay an apolgy!

SickFinga
05-05-2005, 06:58 AM
If this is true then alot of people owe Jay an apolgy!

Even if its true no one owes Jay anything.
There was one side of the story posted, and Jay never argued it.
He response was simple, "Well, I didn't know that"

Anyway, even though it's quite possible what Jay is saying, it quite doubtful though.

M50E30
05-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Even if its true no one owes Jay anything.
There was one side of the story posted, and Jay never argued it.
He response was simple, "Well, I didn't know that"

Anyway, even though it's quite possible what Jay is saying, it quite doubtful though.

If it was true you guys would just say BS and mob him...........as usual. What has this place turned into......maXkindergarten?

SickFinga
05-05-2005, 09:23 AM
If it was true you guys would just say BS and mob him...........as usual. What has this place turned into......maXkindergarten?

If it was true, no one would say anything.
I disagreed with Jay on how he handled the rim issue, and I disagreed how buyer handled it. Threating people with bullshit threats is not a way to solve an issue. But still at the end of the day, buyer is the one who got burnt on the deal.

Also I got a question for you Dave, on what would you put your money on.
rims that are known to be soft and that were in the bad condition were actually bent
or
rims were not bent, and buyer tried to scam Jay out of his money.

Again, I do not believe that Jay sold his rims knowing that they were bent, but I believe who could've handled what happened much better

RevShoT
05-05-2005, 02:43 PM
If it was true, no one would say anything.
I disagreed with Jay on how he handled the rim issue, and I disagreed how buyer handled it. Threating people with bullshit threats is not a way to solve an issue. But still at the end of the day, buyer is the one who got burnt on the deal.

Also I got a question for you Dave, on what would you put your money on.
rims that are known to be soft and that were in the bad condition were actually bent
or
rims were not bent, and buyer tried to scam Jay out of his money.

Again, I do not believe that Jay sold his rims knowing that they were bent, but I believe who could've handled what happened much better

i had every intention of refunding the guy his money but 600 US was hard to come by in january and not to mention he royally pissed me off with all the PM's of threats and the spam going around about me