PDA

View Full Version : Performance Upgrades

moggsy
04-29-2005, 01:13 AM
Anyone upgraded a 330I in performance, but for products easily available in Canada. Looking to air intake, Chip and maybe exhasut first. Looked at the sponsors, but someone on the site with actual local expericene would be good. THe Dinan upgrades are expensive eh? Input would be awesome......!
Plus..... Hi everyone.... been a guest a lot, just bought my first beemer, so logged on as a member.

rico328i
04-29-2005, 01:27 AM
A co-worker of mine just upgraded a handful on his 04 330 ZHP w/SMG. All DINAN goodies. Intake, exhaust, software. Think that's it for performance. Just got the car back the other day. Hasn't really been able to test out the new upgrades but he says the car 'feels' more responsive and obviously a little louder. I'll ask him to post something as soon as he has a better feel for the car. Wasn't cheap though!!!!!!

Lester
04-30-2005, 03:17 PM
A co-worker of mine just upgraded a handful on his 04 330 ZHP w/SMG. All DINAN goodies. Intake, exhaust, software. Think that's it for performance. Just got the car back the other day. Hasn't really been able to test out the new upgrades but he says the car 'feels' more responsive and obviously a little louder. I'll ask him to post something as soon as he has a better feel for the car. Wasn't cheap though!!!!!!

Rico, funny finding you here? Don't forget the UUC strut tower brace, the OE clears and the solaris bulbs. Bimmian shipped me the 180 offsets Thursday so all is installed and looking good. As for the mods... Couple of kids in a Mitsibishi tried to give me a go from 70 km per hour last night - should have seen their startled look when I downshifted from 3rd to 2nd and took it to 7,000 rpm - what a rush. Car sounds great, definately has the advertised DINAN 240 hp - the throttle is far more responsive in all gears at virtually the entire RPM range. I would suggest to all the DINAN bashers out there that their products work, very refined engineering and most BMW SA's will look the other way if you have a need for warranty work. It is however grossly overpriced. If one has a vehicle out of warranty I would not recommend DINAN - I would likely go with D'Silva software (I think thats the name and products from UUC. The markup on DINAN in Canada is bordering on criminal..

Db