PDA

View Full Version : ziebart and bmw don't mix

swisherchico
04-27-2005, 11:50 AM
I just got my windows tinted a month ago from Ziebart and the day I got it back the rear window tint was not sticking to the defroster lines or the dot matrix around the edges. The guy their told me to wait a couple weaks and all the bubbles would go away.........yeah right.

Four weeks later and after 3 trips down to their store the guy finally sees that the bubbles wont go away. Furthermore he went on to tell me that nobody can get the tint film to stick to the dot matrix.

Has anybody had problems with the dot matrix system and window tint or is the guy at ziebart making stuff up?

swisherchico
04-27-2005, 11:58 AM
here are some photos of it

Gamite
04-27-2005, 12:00 PM
my tint doesn't stick to the dots either, but it doesnt look as bad as that.

RevShoT
04-27-2005, 12:02 PM
lol the bubbles will go away... where are they going to go? disapear like Va-poo-rise?

SebSter
04-27-2005, 01:35 PM
mine was just as bad on the defroster lines.. one of the reasons i had it removed.

its bullshit that it wont stick. he just cant do it, or doesnt want to admit his mistake so he tells u its not possible. take it to another more skilled place.

maxx318i
04-27-2005, 04:38 PM
mine was just as bad on the defroster lines.. one of the reasons i had it removed.

its bullshit that it wont stick. he just cant do it, or doesnt want to admit his mistake so he tells u its not possible. take it to another more skilled place.

^^^^ ya.
what the hell?? bubbles? wont stick? get ur money back.. and go to a diff place..

KaschmirBeige3
04-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Thats BS. I've had tint on all of my cars and so far I have never experienced bubbling that bad. Tinting around the dot matrix is hard and never comes out perfect, but that's pretty bad. Also, did the guy use multiple pieces of tint on the back window or did he use 1 whole piece?

Slammed 3Series
04-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Yikes that's bad.

I've heard you can scrape the dot matrix stuff off with just razor blade though. Don't know if this holds any truth.

swisherchico
04-27-2005, 06:39 PM
the car is going back in on friday. the guy finally admitted the bubbles were not going to come out. he said that they will try to solve the problem to the dot matrix part too. he told me they can't do refunds either.............BS

I have to tell ya that their customer service is not impressing me one bit.

Bmwstylz
04-27-2005, 06:53 PM
I have a similar story from Ziebart up in Canada, except ****wit just forgot to wash any of the windows so there were visible dirt specs under all the tints

sigh... incompetence... its everwhere

DbIiRrTdY
04-27-2005, 11:07 PM
is there suppose to be a life time warranty on that?

Jim .E.
04-27-2005, 11:42 PM
i guess you could take an exacto-knife, cut a straight (if you can) 2mm slit and jus press the tint against the glass so w.e. air is in there escapes

i dunno if this will work im jus pullin shit outta my ass

5style
04-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Yikes that's bad.

I've heard you can scrape the dot matrix stuff off with just razor blade though. Don't know if this holds any truth.

truth. You are supposed to lightly trim it, so the tint sticks to it better, so thats where they messed up. :) Just lazyness, get it redone.

AMG_POWER
04-28-2005, 12:19 AM
I tinted my E55 no that long ago, and in 3-4 days i had it stick perfectly everywhere.

maxx318i
04-28-2005, 12:58 AM
I tinted my E55 no that long ago, and in 3-4 days i had it stick perfectly everywhere.

u tinted all 7 windows?

Manimillion
04-28-2005, 01:05 AM
From my personal experience Ziebart of North America sucks monkey balls... I have taken dozen's of cars to them in Europe and never had a problem with them... but I took my car to them once in Canada, I am sure to never take any car there, or refer anyone there!

Jattdee328
04-28-2005, 03:58 AM
they need tp use a fine sand paper to make the dots even.....thats what they did to mine. since the coupe windows move up a bit when the door gets closed.....

harps

e36chick
04-28-2005, 12:13 PM
my glass is tinted and i have no bubbles...get them to redo it or refund it. call their head office if you have to.

Veemax
04-29-2005, 03:49 PM
If they dont fix it, you should go down there and *uzi* (bust a cap) :moon: (up someones ass)
you see what I'm saying!? *shiner*

swisherchico
04-29-2005, 05:50 PM
-----Ziebart Update--------
Let's start from the beginning.....

I woke up this morning sighing in relief to know that today was the day that I was going to take my car back for its scheduled repair at 8 am. and finally solve this problem with the rear window tint. I had been so frustrated the whole week as I battled it out with the store manager to accept that they need to redo the tint in the rear window. As I prepared myself and freshend up to ahead over to the tinting store I wondered if things were going to go smoothly and if I would able to walk away as a satisfied custom of Ziebart. I regret to tell you that things did not turn out that way......

I arrived at the store and graciously handed the keys to the in-store manager at Ziebart. I hand the in-store manager the keys to the car while he informs me that he will call me when it is finished. I agreed and left the store as my mom stopped by to take me back to my house.

The morning passed and so did the afternoon. I recieve a call from Ziebart at 1:00. This is the call....

Ziebart: Hey Swisher this is (name witheld) from Ziebart. We finished the back window. But I want you to know that the same bubbles are still their.

Me: The same bubbles?

Ziebart: Yeah, it must be something with the window....a defect...

Me: Did you clean the window before applying the tint?

Ziebart: Yeah. I talked with the guy who worked on it and he said that it is just an area that takes longer to cure, thats all. Don't worry those bubbles will go away.

Me: Okay. I am coming down right now to pick it up......

So I arrive at Ziebart and walk over to my car which is parked in the exact same spot as I left it. "So maybe it is possible that they parked it in the exact same place," I said to myself. Within a minute the manager walks out and begins to say the samething that he said to me on the phone. He tells me to wait another week and come back. Very disappointed, I nod my head and accept the fact that the window may have defects in it, or possibly some little chips.

As I arrive home I inspect the rear window more carefull to see what the problem is. "aha!!!!" In one of the bubbles I saw the exact same piece of hair that was their before I took it in to have it redone. "They lied to me!!!!!!! The didn't even change the window tint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I rubbed my finger nail across the back window and relized that those bubbles didn't come from defects/chips in the window. It was gunk and dirt they didn't clean off before they applied the tint the first time

I will give them a week. If the bubbles are still their I will make sure they are aware of the errors they tried to pull with me...........

Stay tuned for more Ziebart Updates.....TO BE CONTINUED

Manimillion
04-29-2005, 06:25 PM
How many of you guys has had issues with Ziebart?

If there is couple of people, I'd be more then happy to make a website about the service at ziebart and get your bad experiences out to other people. You could be sure that after you send the link to the Ziebart's head office they will start treating you better *wave*

jeffrie
04-29-2005, 06:26 PM
A hair dryer sometimes get's rid of the small bubbles.

M50E30
04-29-2005, 08:42 PM
One phone call will help your problems.

Better Buisness Bureau!

Manimillion
04-29-2005, 09:10 PM
One phone call will help your problems.

Better Buisness Bureau!

They don't do alot, and it doesn't have the big deterence effect. I took my car to Ziebart to get detailed, and they did a shit job, they didn't even clean out the pockets in my doors and gave me the car back, I took it in again, they returned it in the same condition as it was taken there (the dash was just a bit wet I guess they wiped it...) I talked to Ziebart itself, they said they are owned and operated independently talk to the business owner themselves. I did talk to him, he was a dick about it, but siad bring in your car for the 3rd time and we will fix it... I just told him to f--- off and stop wasting my time.

M50E30
04-29-2005, 09:15 PM
They don't do alot, and it doesn't have the big deterence effect.

This shouldn't deter anyone. The reason why the BBB dosen't do anything is because they haven't recieved enough complaints. Make the call and stick to your guns.....don't let them get away with your hard earned money!

Also i'm shure if you called/wrote/e-mailed Ziebart's head office then something will happen faster.