PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio Recomendation

tlaselva
09-08-2002, 09:15 PM
Ok Guys,
It hasn't taken me long to become fet up with the stock Harmon Kardon stereo in my car.
Looking for a high end audio shop that I dont have to wory about them butchering my car. *no-no*
I don't mind spending some extra cash if I know the audio will be done right.
Anyone that is familiar with a shop that does high end car audio, please post.

TIA *th-up*

Jon@Bimmersport
09-08-2002, 10:42 PM
tony go to ultra auto sound they r really good!

Gamite
09-09-2002, 04:31 AM
yeah, apparently autosound has some really good installers there, and they got good prices, the best thing, its you can talk them down in price.

Great car bro, nice meeting you yesterday btw.

EMPOWERD
09-09-2002, 07:12 AM
yeah.... I don't know about Ultra, I've heard mixed stories from there.

A place that has worked on numerous high end car and know what they're doing is 12 Volt Car Audio and Security (http://www.12voltaudiosecurity.com/) in Woodbridge. They're located (literally) beside Maranello Ferrari on Steeles. Talk to Sebastian or Dave.

Mr seville
09-09-2002, 10:48 AM
actually randy they are in northyork:D thats where the border of woodbridge and northyork is:D i've heard some good stories from there aswell*th-up*

EMPOWERD
09-09-2002, 11:40 AM
that's true... I keep forgeting. It's just that you start to see the IROC's and Z24 cruising around there already so I always get confused.

Mr seville
09-09-2002, 04:10 PM
hmmm true!!! alot of crx's and just normal every-day econoboxes sooped up till theres nothing original on the car anymore:D

tlaselva
09-10-2002, 02:45 PM
It was really nice meeting all you guy's on Sunday.
Looking forward to some more cruizes. How about one more before we have to put our cars into hibernation?

Looks like I'm going to visit both 12 volt Car Audio, and Ultra Sound. Go with the one that I get a better vibe from.
Once audio's done, I'll post with some pics.
(No big ass sub box in the trunk. Too much wieght.) *no-no*

Hey MPowerd, why don't you just remove the front wheel on your gizzer? You never seem to use it! :cool:

Tracer
09-10-2002, 04:46 PM
gizzer?

Jon@Bimmersport
09-10-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Tracer
gizzer?

his bike...u'll c when i post the pics i got from the cruise...TLASELVA! SEND THE CRUISE PICS!

BMW BMXer
09-10-2002, 05:23 PM
isn't it gixer?

BMW_M52_M20
09-10-2002, 10:00 PM
Well, some good audio products I have seen in bimmers are Focal, Eclipse, Nackamichi (sp?), etc.

Now If you replace the factory amplifier with a new stereo amplifier and amplify the speakers, you are going to notice a huge difference in the quality of the sound. Bass wise, get ride of those two stupid 6X9 subs in the rear. They rattle, and are majorly underpowered. My bro has a 2002 M3, he is having the same concerns as you. If you are looking just for gentle bass, but smooth sounding, Kicker makes a bass tube (8") sub and puts out amazingly decent sound. If you want to rattle your brains out 2 10"/12" in a bandpass box should be plenty.
My friend has an audi A4 and has two 10" eclipse's in a sealed box and it sounds nice. The key is to have the bass gain control on your deck or a knob.
cheers
jay